IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

•  

I love Dubstep, especially Skrillex. But I don't consider it music, at least not something that falls in with the traditional definition of music. It is still artistic. It's like the Picasso of audio art. If you disagree, that's totally cool. To each his own. I'm just stating my opinion.
    handyandyradio há 14 horas 2 pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

•  

@handyandyradio i don't mean to sound rude, but that could have been one of the worst analogies i've ever read. by your standards, Picasso's work wouldn't be considered art. by being a fan of skrillex and not calling his work music is like you don't even care for him at all. if you "love" dubstep and skrillex, YOU should consider him a pioneer of the music world, not something short of it.
    c25ole há 13 horas 6 pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

:w00t:

Oh by the way, I didnt get on the guestlist for the skrillex gig, someone double booked the guestlist so I didnt force the issue. I was tired after work anyway.

And about 10pm in the evening I was all like "AHHH shit, I could be at the skrillex gig now"

Actually lol. it looks shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmHho16yTs4&feature=related

I guess he gets paid good money to fanny about on a bit of staging. Crowd looks like they were having fun though.

As a bonus I got to see Little Dragon on sunday night at the same venue, and they were shit hot awesome on so many levels.

61e6f7a3792167b4da97f0912920abc9.jpg

*repeatedly washing eyes out with soap*

Wait... is the girl on the right wearing an Aphex Twin shirt? Sure looks like the logo...

Ah, nevermind - on closer inspection (and once the soap cleared my eyes), it appears to be some face in a circle...

Wait... is the girl on the right wearing an Aphex Twin shirt? Sure looks like the logo...

Ah, nevermind - on closer inspection (and once the soap cleared my eyes), it appears to be some face in a circle...

so.....

you wouldnt... you know....

hit that?

I probably would..

With a stick!

sheeeeeit, if her "skirt" was any shorter, there would be a hole lot more fat in this photo

Oh by the way, I didnt get on the guestlist for the skrillex gig, someone double booked the guestlist so I didnt force the issue. I was tired after work anyway.

And about 10pm in the evening I was all like "AHHH shit, I could be at the skrillex gig now"

Actually lol. it looks shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmHho16yTs4&feature=related

I guess he gets paid good money to fanny about on a bit of staging. Crowd looks like they were having fun though.

As a bonus I got to see Little Dragon on sunday night at the same venue, and they were shit hot awesome on so many levels.

I think that concert looks fucking awesome, and I mostly hate Skrillex (there are a couple songs I don't mind).

most of the graphics in that backdrop were 'sampled' from The Animatrix - The Second Renaissance

I really have very little artistic integrity at dances/concerts as long as they're fun. I'd prefer seeing a shitty artist like Skrillex perform a blinky and fun concert than to see a decent band do an okay concert.

most of the graphics in that backdrop were 'sampled' from The Animatrix - The Second Renaissance

I really have very little artistic integrity at dances/concerts as long as they're fun. I'd prefer seeing a shitty artist like Skrillex perform a blinky and fun concert than to see a decent band do an okay concert.

What?

All I did was state some information pertinent to that video. My statement was neither an endorsement nor a critique.

What?

All I did was state some information pertinent to that video. My statement was neither an endorsement nor a critique.

Yeah, I know. I just figured your comment was semi-related to what I was saying.

Archived