IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

UTOPIA UTOPIA

My god.

You expect to wake up tomorrow?

I'll give you one question.

Have you seen Jessica hyde?

No.

I'll give you 3 choices.

Chillies, sand, bleach.

Have you seen Jessica Hyde?

SPOON

rixxx is in so much danger right now

I preferred The Pacific but both were quite excellent.

I wasn't aware of the existence of The Pacific until a friend of mine mentioned it the other day, I plan to watch that after I finish this current run of BoB

I watched The Pacific when it originally aired, and after watching BOB religiously every three months or so, The Pacific just doesn't compare. I didn't feel as invested in the characters or the storylines, some of the acting fell flat and the cinematography just wasn't there. It's still a great series but my expectations were too high going into it.

UTOPIA UTOPIA

My god.

You expect to wake up tomorrow?

I'll give you one question.

Have you seen Jessica hyde?

No.

I'll give you 3 choices.

Chillies, sand, bleach.

Have you seen Jessica Hyde?

SPOON

rixxx is in so much danger right now

OMG.

We watched it and went up to bed and just as i was falling asleep THE TV DOWNSTAIRS TURNED ITSELF ON.

OMG.

I was terrified.

final season of fringe was good, cheesy as hell and didn't make much sense but it was a bold move to do what they did and I also felt that the overal story in the seaon was well thought out.

sort of curious about Fringe, is it paying homage to the X-files in a classy way or is it an overt ripoff of the series? I've heard different things from people telling me to watch it/not watch it. Without bothering to download a torrent, can i watch this on netflix or hulu or something?

I just finished Lost, so I'm aiming to find the bastard responsible for history's worst ending and show him my ideas on how to improve a fight scene involving an imprisoned idiot writer and an enraged viewer with a tire thumper made of steel.

Guest Al Hounos

Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States - so far it's fascinating; a much-needed, unflinchingly honest look at American history. I don't think Stone is totally fair all of the time - he can be a bit presumptious and cynical, but overall this is a really good series that cuts through the over-simplifications and right-wing ideological spin that are applied to American history as taught to Americans.

A must watch for all non-dullards.

Edited by Al Hounos

sort of curious about Fringe, is it paying homage to the X-files in a classy way or is it an overt ripoff of the series? I've heard different things from people telling me to watch it/not watch it. Without bothering to download a torrent, can i watch this on netflix or hulu or something?

I don't see it as a rip-off the X-files. Maybe the first season could be seen as following the X-files path too closely, they did the typical monster of the week type episodes across the seasons, but they had then found their own stride. Just watch it and judge it yourself. I jumped on the series somewhere around the 3rd season after catching up and liked it very much, but it did loose some of my interest towards the end. Was still an alright show, although at parts a little campy and cheesy but in a somehow charming way. There's not much in the way of good sci-fi on TV anyways.

Watched the last episodes of fringe.

Was alright I guess felt abit rushed but it was smart how they ended it.

Utopia

Now this has caught my attention in the first episode curious to see where it goes

the first season or two it was clearly their take on the x-files (format-wise, the stories were not at all similar). Later on they evolved and did more crazy things. Sometimes it's awful and sometimes it's good. The first season I remember being bad but but the rest got better. Maybe you can watch it on the FOX site, not sure.

Edited by GORDO

I just finished Lost, so I'm aiming to find the bastard responsible for history's worst ending and show him my ideas on how to improve a fight scene involving an imprisoned idiot writer and an enraged viewer with a tire thumper made of steel.

That woud be Damon Lindeloff AKA the guy who also ruined Prometheus.

I decided to bite the bullet and watched the first four series of Breaking Bad between Dec 15th - Jan 10th, roughly. It was pretty intense. I needed to take a break from it before starting the final series so I started on Boardwalk Empire's first five episodes which is kinda slow in comparison, but i'm assured it'll pick up so i'll keep going with it.

Breaking Bad must have the best Pilot episode ever... and the next two episode were gripping aswell....from then on i just kept watching ...

I decided to bite the bullet and watched the first four series of Breaking Bad between Dec 15th - Jan 10th, roughly. It was pretty intense. I needed to take a break from it before starting the final series so I started on Boardwalk Empire's first five episodes which is kinda slow in comparison, but i'm assured it'll pick up so i'll keep going with it.

Breaking Bad must have the best Pilot episode ever... and the next two episode were gripping aswell....from then on i just kept watching ...

boardwalk does pick up and you will keep going with it.

Watched the last episodes of fringe.

Was alright I guess felt abit rushed but it was smart how they ended it.

Utopia

Now this has caught my attention in the first episode curious to see where it goes

Just watched the first episode tonight (with the 2nd recorded for tomorrow).

They packed in alot of crazy stuff into one episode. Felt like I needed 10 minutes to gather what happened afterwards.

The eyes! THE EYES! :wtf:

MiVXXB1.gif

hell yeah! one of the cheesiest shows EVER. it's about angels that come to earth to help by bringing "guidance and messages from God to various people who are at a crossroads in their lives". everyone is an extreme goody two-shoes and even the bad characters are cardboard cut-outs from a text book by being "respectfully against" the good guys. harkens to a time when things were much simpler on planet earth

tried to watch homeland. it's awful. totally unbelievable. i have a feeling about where the first season goes and i don't like it. thought the show was going to play on prejudice and bias of americans toward islam and the idea of terrorism. claire danes does a decent impression of a crazy person though.

I started Star Trek: TNG up. Haven't seen these early episodes in over a decade. I love it. Gonna watch it all the way through, then watch all of the movies again. Ah the memories. I remember my bedtime as a child was right after TNG. The nostalgia is just pouring out of my tv.

TNG starts interestingly as a much more cheesier 'campy' version of how the show eventually ended up. I think it's probably because Gene Roddenberry was directly involved in overseeing the show, and when he died it turned into something very different and much more serious and dramatic (as well as the female characters not wearing above the knee skirts anymore). I love all of TNG though, in some ways it reminds me of the way the tone in the X-files evolved from Season 1 to 4, except unlike the x-files TNG went out on the highest note possible, a flawless conclusion to one of the best television shows of all time.