IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Finally started watching Eastbound and down. I like it a lot, but feel stupid for doing so.

Lilyhammer

The danish Netflix store's collection of movies and series is just awful. This was the best I could find, but it's actually really funny. I had no idea that norwegians had this much self-irony, as there is in this series.

It's fun to watch the american organized crime culture meeting the scandinavian 'softness' (can't really find the right term). There is a particular scene where the american protagonist has to go to a norwegian prison. And they're having block flute classes, baking cakes and stuff. I don't imagine that happening in american prisons. But that kind of shit is seriously what is happening in scandinavian prisons.. quite funny.

Edited by Npoess

girls 1 - 10

does this mean 1/10? or you just watched all 10 episodes.

because I won't let anyone diss on girls.

I wasn't feeling it when I watched the last episode a few months ago. I watched the whole thing through the past week and it was actually really good. I'll be watching the second season for sure.

It's so carefully studied while still keeping a level of subtlety, both in writing and direction. The throwaway lines in every episode reveal more about the characters' personalities, dreams and insecurities than most TV shows I've ever seen, even enormously respected ones like the Wire where we're treated to large obvious (or obviously subtle) plodding "plot point" scenes of Omar being gay, McNulty drinking. Even if you find their lifestyle or whatever uninteresting or irritating, as a tv show it really and incredibly mature debut.

can't wait for season two, a bit worried it won't be as good.

Yeah, it was pretty surprising how well they touched on some more obscure issues, in a realistic way as opposed to what I've come to expect from TV.

The only risk now is that it falls into a formula, like most shows, where the only thing keeping me watching is trying to find out who ends up with who, endless sexual tension, etc. I doubt that's going to happen though, at least not for another season.

Guest RadarJammer

just watched the first episode of The Fear mini series from the UK. I can't find anything about this show, the IMDB seems pretty blank. What's with lots of UK shows having no real IMDB info? anyway its alright so far

Finished watching the only season of Freaks and Geeks the other day. That show totally should have been given more of a chance, at least one more season.

On season 2 of Misfits atm. The first few episodes of season one put me off straight away with that annoying humour from the Irish one. It's not too bad though now I'm into it. I shall carry on with it.

Guest disparaissant

Tried to get into Archer again.. But it's not really clicking for me.

Yeah, I did the same thing the other day. Not really a fan. I love H. Jon Benjamin but Archer just doesn't do it for me. I'll stick with Bob's Burgers. Even though they are completely unrelatable shows in every way.

Currently have about 3 episodes left of Dollhouse. Loved this show, way better than I thought it could possibly be, not being a Joss Whedon post-Buffy fan. Some crazy ethics shit and just amazing plot twists and stuff. Not really any terrible episodes, either.

I liked Frisky Dingo a whole lot more (which was made by the same people?)

Same here. First season of Frisky Dingo is a masterclass in escalating stupidity, I absolutely love it.

The problem with Archer is H Jon Benjamin's shouty voice gets tiring after a while. Like the animation though, if a little stiff.

whatever happened to John Benjamin has a van? It doesn't seem like it got renewed, i thought it was pretty good

Yeah I can't find anything about it being cancelled or being in production hiatus. I agree, it was really funny. I can't think of one mediocre episode.

I liked Frisky Dingo a whole lot more (which was made by the same people?)

Same here. First season of Frisky Dingo is a masterclass in escalating stupidity, I absolutely love it.

The problem with Archer is H Jon Benjamin's shouty voice gets tiring after a while. Like the animation though, if a little stiff.

I like Archer a lot because the other character voices are just as memorable and funny. He's also the dad on Bob's Burgers, which has quickly become one of my favorite animated shows past and present.

Currently have about 3 episodes left of Dollhouse. Loved this show, way better than I thought it could possibly be, not being a Joss Whedon post-Buffy fan. Some crazy ethics shit and just amazing plot twists and stuff. Not really any terrible episodes, either.

Season 2 of Dollhouse was easily one of my favorite things on TV in the last few years. First season started a bit creaky, but man is the whole thing expertly controlled by the end.

this question seems to come up a lot here 'why do you watch something if you hate it so much?' well i think i can answer that. I've been watching the new season of Dexter, and i hate the show with a passion. IT's become so bad and cliche that it's out of some sort of curious fascination that i continue to watch it. On countless occasions i've spoken aloud lines in the script before they are said out-loud, and recently i enjoy having a sort of mystery science theatre 3000 experience where i heckle the show in real-time for it's extremely bad exposition and predictable narrative. Does anybody else watch TV shows for a similar reason? Homeland has also become sort of like this for me

Haha I have the same thing going with dexter, we're watching it together with my wife and my brother and I keep spoiling everything for everybody all the time. It's so shit it's kinda fun. Haven't done the last season yet though, but figured out the whole killer deal like halfway into the previous one.

this question seems to come up a lot here 'why do you watch something if you hate it so much?' well i think i can answer that. I've been watching the new season of Dexter, and i hate the show with a passion. IT's become so bad and cliche that it's out of some sort of curious fascination that i continue to watch it. On countless occasions i've spoken aloud lines in the script before they are said out-loud, and recently i enjoy having a sort of mystery science theatre 3000 experience where i heckle the show in real-time for it's extremely bad exposition and predictable narrative. Does anybody else watch TV shows for a similar reason? Homeland has also become sort of like this for me

i do this with every show on network television and every movie i see in the theaters.

i have been forcibly removed from theaters for riffing too loud and making (some) people laugh, my favorite memory was being thrown out of 300 after removing my shirt revealing my pale flabby body, standing on the corner seat of the front row, facing the audience and marching in place with leonidas and co.

i guess i'm just an asshole

Edited by dr lopez