IGNORED

Artificial Intelligence I: Autechre's Contributions

Joyrex

I've been listening to the classic Artificial Intelligence I, more specifically Autechre's contributions, The Egg and Crystel, and I am amazed how well they hold up after all these years. Simply amazing tracks.

wrong subforum d00d

Yeah, I thought about that - at first I was going to talk about AI overall, but Autechre's tracks stand head and shoulders above the rest (even Polygon Window). I'll move this.

I always liked Speedy J's "Fill 3" which for years I thought was The Orb's "Loving You" because the track titles were switched on the case, and I hadn't heard "A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Center Of The Ultraworld" yet.

Yeah I really wish Autechre had made the same album 12 times over.

The tracks on AI 1, are Sunny Weather Autechre. When the warm sun is shining and have a cold glass of beer in your hand and fancy some Autechre, what do you play? Always these tracks.

too bad autechre stuck their head up their ass and started making pretentions quasi-academic bullshit with "Amber"

In what way is Amber 'quasi-academic bullshit' ?! :huh:

(In fact, how on earth can a track be 'quasi-academic' )

Guest Xenblake

"The Egg" is a tuuunne

Good tune. I prefer the "cleaner" sounding version of it in Eggshell from Incunabula though.

"The Egg" is a tuuunne

Good tune. I prefer the "cleaner" sounding version of it in Eggshell from Incunabula though.

See, I'm quite the opposite - I never really cared too much for Eggshell, but The Egg just screams 'Autechre' for me - at least the Autechre I prefer.

Guest Xenblake

The Egg is definetely more hip hop inspired, although those cut up voices that come in around 1:45 sound a bit too messy and out of place IMO. It gets wicked from around half way through where the meaty beats start coming in.

I think the "shiny" clean production on Eggshell does it better justice though. I find the hecticness in The Egg comes across as slightly disorganised, as bits plastered on here and there for effect.

• 2 weeks later...

too bad autechre stuck their head up their ass and started making pretentions quasi-academic bullshit with "Amber"

In what way is Amber 'quasi-academic bullshit' ?! :huh:

that's what i thought. but they didn't actually do this 'til quite some time after Amber. :)

Archived