IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

It's funny how BoC and RDJ haven't released anything for years and both keep us in the same suspense. It must be a laugh for them. I think they're just waiting until it stops being funny to play with muggles.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met Aphex in a music shop today and tried asking him about the next album. The exchange went like this (no bullshit):

Me: Excuse me, you're not Richard James are you?

Him: Nah.

Me: You look like him.

Him: A lot of people say that.

Me. You sound like him too.

Him: -

Me: You got anything coming out soon?

Him: I'm not him!

Me: I know you are man.

I gave up after that - I'm guessing he gets dragged into this kind of slightly irritating exchange fairly regularly

Your mistake was asking if it was him. Next time you should tackle him and pin him down. Then demand at knife point to know the details of the forthcoming album. Either that or pickpocket his wallet and go buy a bunch of records on boomkat with his CC.

I met Aphex in a music shop today and tried asking him about the next album. The exchange went like this (no bullshit):

I gave up after that - I'm guessing he gets dragged into this kind of slightly irritating exchange fairly regularly

lol i think thats exactly how the dialogue would go

I actually kinda believe bunty's story. The frustration on both sides makes it funny enough to make believing it worthwhile.

yeah well i don't believe it. i don't believe it at all.

i think kanakori IS richard.

him, or that Anchio Arch io guy.

or me. or all of us. maybe we're all richard and just don't know it.

maybe he only exists as a figment of our imagination, some kind of collective delusion. or maybe the atoms in our body are made up of particles that are really just millions and millions of tiny little richards.

or maybe richard is really someone else and we just thought he was richard. maybe his new album will come out and it will suck.

AH i just thought of a prank he could pull on us, that would be way funnier than him just not putting out an album and laughing at us for caring. if he really detests us so much, why doesn't he just release an album of really shitty music? that would be hilarious. i mean, for him anyway. if he executed it carefully, for maximum impact, it could cause lots of people to have meltdows. like if he made it not obviously intentionally bad, but just good enough to seem like he really tried. then there would even be people saying it was still great.

that's what i would do if i were him, so i guess that proves i'm not him.

but, the fact that i thought that up and he didn't must mean i'm more creative than richard james. and meaner.

such a missed opportunity to go 'but if you were him when would you release your new album and what would it sound like'

I think it would be best if we all agreed to stop talking about it entirely. Let the subforum die. The speculation is a disease that permeates threads all over this forum and we should just let it go.

I think it would be best if we all agreed to stop talking about it entirely. Let the subforum die. The speculation is a disease that permeates threads all over this forum and we should just let it go.

the Idea was to take bits Richard drops in various interviews and have a topic about all of them to draw a bigger picture. But as there are no new interviews this starts to turn in a circlejerk

Yeah, but this subforum is ridiculous. I contribute to it as well. I'm just throwing the idea out there. We could all agree to stop talking about it and move on with our lives. Even the "Music you can't stand" or whatever thread has all these posts about Aphex on it. Not to mention the bits about hardware speculation are outrageous as well.

Yeah, but this subforum is ridiculous. I contribute to it as well. I'm just throwing the idea out there. We could all agree to stop talking about it and move on with our lives. Even the "Music you can't stand" or whatever thread has all these posts about Aphex on it. Not to mention the bits about hardware speculation are outrageous as well.

the hardware speculation is based on Richard talking about a collaboration with a Belgium robot orchestral manufacturer who also mentions shipping gear to him on his website with photos of the robot and in depth descriptions. its not a myth.

It was mentioned as a side note in one of the recent interviews and got buried pretty fast in another topic so I made this topic to have a further discussion about it.

this guy also hosts shows where they do nude dance performances with the robots: http://logosfoundation.org

the hardware speculation is based on Richard talking about a collaboration with a Belgium robot orchestral manufacturer who also mentions shipping gear to him on his website with photos of the robot and in depth descriptions. its not a myth.

It was mentioned as a side note in one of the recent interviews and got buried pretty fast in another topic so I made this topic to have a further discussion about it.

this guy also hosts shows where they do nude dance performances with the robots: http://logosfoundation.org

I'm talking about the voodoo hum thread and various related threads. I'm aware of everything you just posted.

yeah well i don't agree at all with regard to what scareyfacekidguy is saying about this sub-forum. i don't think it should die. in fact, i think this should be the whole forum- the WHOLE SITE. richardDjamesspeculation.com

what will he eat for breakfast?

is he bff with die antwoord?

do him and tom jenkins play xbox?

is he steinvord, monolith, tuss, me, you, us, or nobody? did he build a robot to be friends with (ala screech powers) and to make his next album with?

these are the questions i want to know (the answers to), dammit.

Could this thread be renamed to "No new releases based on the speculations we have" or something? It would actually bring a sense of realism to this world of mass hysteria.

Archived