IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

i think alot of artists are waiting for it to not be so easy to rip their stuff off. last year in the US there was reportedly a deal made between ISPs and the RIAA and MPAA in which those associations would give the ISPs money to police internet traffic for copyright theft and revoke internet service from offenders. it was supposed to begin last july, i think, but it didn't seem to, maybe due to the massive challenge of implementation. i thought maybe ISPs were waiting till after the 2012 election or the new year to implement it, but apparently not. before that the over-reaching SOPA and PIPA acts that were proposed and failed promised to protect copyright holders.

i thought that's why deltron 3030 was pushing back event ii. cd sales are down 90% since internet theft became prevalent.

hopefully we can just stigmatize stealing from the coolest humans so the internet doesn't get fucked and these poor geniuses can make some money

poor?

i think not

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they can wait a very long time of they want things to return to the pre-napster world. It'll take a new Big Bang and a couple billion years of evolution.

idk, man. SOPA was going to go through, they had the votes, but it would have destroyed the internet by making a single link to pirated material a huge liability for sites. remember around january 18 last year wikipedia was down, google had a censored image for its logo? tons of sites participated, it was the biggest online protest in history. that happened because the bill looked like it would pass.

if i were about to drop an anticipated album at that time, i would wait to see how that panned out.

You really think that any struggling artist would have been happy had SOPA passed? Obviously I am all for buying the physical copy of an album whenever possible, but do you really think that sites like What.cd actually hurt sales, or hurt an artist's popularity? People on average are increasingly poor, and for most actual music lovers, either you have enough money to buy an album and buy it, or you just plain can't. The reason that CD sales are down is because they're fucking obsolete with digital files available. That's why sales for vinyl and tapes are going up, and digital sales are more popular than ever, especially for indie music. Exai practically took Bleep down from all the people buying and downloading the digital release. And sure, big label sales are way down, but who cares? Why should corporations who push music for profit mean anything to artists?

The bottom line is- it is easier to get heard as a small artist than ever before, and if corporations take control of the internet and are able to take down whatever sites they want, it is not going to be good for artists in any field.

Not to mention it would make it harder than ever to overthrow the fuckers (corporations)

When a new Aphex album is dropped it doesn't matter if so many thousand fools download it for free, Richard will still make a fucking mint. Everything will go barmy, including his back catalogue, kerching, kerching!

hopefully we can just stigmatize stealing from the coolest humans so the internet doesn't get fucked and these poor geniuses can make some money

Alternatively everyone will start to latch on to the idea that, if the coolest humans on earth struggle to make money from what they do, then money is no longer a reward for what is cool. Some people will decide it is no longer worth doing cool things. Others will notice that if the human activities that are most compelling, are the ones have become most resistant to fiscalisation, then that reveals something about the nature of value!! FREE AFX!!

Guest psy-sci

i think alot of artists are waiting for it to not be so easy to rip their stuff off. last year in the US there was reportedly a deal made between ISPs and the RIAA and MPAA in which those associations would give the ISPs money to police internet traffic for copyright theft and revoke internet service from offenders. it was supposed to begin last july, i think, but it didn't seem to, maybe due to the massive challenge of implementation. i thought maybe ISPs were waiting till after the 2012 election or the new year to implement it, but apparently not. before that the over-reaching SOPA and PIPA acts that were proposed and failed promised to protect copyright holders.

i thought that's why deltron 3030 was pushing back event ii. cd sales are down 90% since internet theft became prevalent.

cassette tape and vhs sales are down 99% press some afx vinyls and it will sell i promise

• 2 weeks later...

if we get another aphex (or boc for that matter) it very well could be the last, I think they both have like 1 album left in their contracts....could be wrong, just read that a while back (beckett said it maybe..) - fall of this year cmon du00udz!

Guest RadarJammer

maybe aphex twin is shit at making tracks and he's afraid that if he releases a shit album his sure thing dj gigs will dry up and he'll be left with nothing but his 3 mcdonalds franchises

edit: i mean because he's old now and sometimes old people aren't as creative and clever like they used to be

Guest yikes

it's depressing innit?

seems like RDJ is semi retired.

ufabulumm was a far cry from tom's best work,that new euphonix console made that record sound like shit

he had to use the built in compressors on each channel.

also now that he stopped using amen i am sad,

the last plaid album was ball-less

BUT

ceephax is holding it down in a goofy way.

thankfully snares,vibert and Ae keep doing great things as well and there are a lot of underground unsigned/signed to small label artists that are doing great things.

i guess his time is over

I hope I am wrong

that swinging piano and the ambient classical stuff was ok but nothing to cream over.

maybe aphex twin is shit at making tracks and he's afraid that if he releases a shit album his sure thing dj gigs will dry up and he'll be left with nothing but his 3 mcdonalds franchises

edit: i mean because he's old now and sometimes old people aren't as creative and clever like they used to be

LOL, he's only 41. Hardly 'old'. Even Richard's shittiest tracks would be gobbled up in seconds by the fanbase, let alone anything he's spent time crafting and perfecting.

I think manchester track, Metz track, and Wobbly Chords track would make one the best EP's ever. Turn it into an album and then we would have some new material to argue about for his best release. Plus I would have a techno-boner or a year straight probably.

Oh yeah, 40 more years of Aphex!! Hopefully, he will age more gracefully than the Stones.

I think manchester track, Metz track, and Wobbly Chords track would make one the best EP's ever. Turn it into an album and then we would have some new material to argue about for his best release. Plus I would have a techno-boner or a year straight probably.

Oh yeah, 40 more years of Aphex!! Hopefully, he will age more gracefully than the Stones.

maybe he can put his version of the squarepusher unreleased track that was on the rome set too lol

Hey maybe the Aphex guys don't allow him to use the name anymore, remember he had to get permission or also maybe the Aphex people play a part in approving what gets released under the name....hmmm

I think we will see more music from the guy but not sure if it will be all under Aphex Twin

maybe he can put his version of the squarepusher unreleased track that was on the rome set too lol

Reconstruction-I think is the unofficial title. Another good one. I hope releases another two-fer.

Not sure if it's been mentioned (because there are way too many pages on this already that I didn't feel like going through) but that Synthi 100 could well be Richard's because this is the "Digitana", the name of the prototype before the Synthi-100, and was restored/near restored around 2003. The rest as far as I know were all given personalized names, one of them being the "Delaware" which is the one the BBC Radiophonic Workshop had.

Edit: Oh and it was sold eventually but I can not find any article or other proof to underline that, though I know I've read it.

Archived