IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest cult fiction

Nah new BoC is in before new Aphex, someone on this forum spoke to the Warp boss and heard something like that, this was like a year ago tho

Steve Beckett, always reliable:

In 2009, Warp Records boss Steve Beckett told BBC 6 Music a new Aphex Twin record would "hopefully" be put out by the end of that year.

Come to think of it, what are the odds RDJ has lost interest in releasing albums and instead has become more interested in being an artist and having exhibits of his work (anonymously, and regardless of content - musically, visually...whatever), or cooperate with other artists (eg. cunningham)? The only reason to dj is to bring some money to the table, necessary for a living. Perhaps he's lost respect for the (electronic) music industry?

On the surface it all sounds pretty obvious. And it probably is. But if so, it should have been obvious that the consequence is that he releases less work, and might even give a shit about releasing anything whatsoever, in his lifetime.

Is this too obvious to even post in this thread?

Sorry for the triple post.

But one obvious implication of the previous could be that the piano on a swing piece is not meant to be released on an album/ep of sorts. From his perspective the piece might be already released. The exhibit is the release. And the piece is more than just the piano track. It's the piano on a swing, the acoustics the lighting, the build-up of the evening, the moment. It's not meant to be listened to as an individual track, even though you could.

Dunno. Just trying to get my head around the psychology of it all.

In short: there won't be a new album with the piano piece, I think.

I heard that since the birth of his daughter he hasn't been as active.

Also he probably didn't make music for a couple of years. So its been nearly 6 years since last release? And now there could be just distractions that are delaying everything.

Lets be honest, apart from his closest friends nobody really knows what he's planning or doing.

I keep thinking about his remastered version of Melodies from Mars, I'd sell my soul to listen to that.

oh, not only the soundcloud of th'idiot http://soundcloud.com/cuddles

also listen to the soundcloud of thidiot http://soundcloud.com/thidiot

probably the same guy, both from "bedroom, uk"

definitely afx

his avril 14th 'shit mix' had me suspecting it was him for a while, just due to the drum sequencing in places. found his soundcloud a while back and was dissapointed. some of the tracks in there are ok. some are not so great to say the least. BUT it is all very analord-ish, and i really feel the same way about analord (some of it is just crap i think, while some tracks are amazing). SO, i guess everything taken into consideration, it COULD be him. there were a few clues i saw somewhere that made me think it definitely wasn't once though, but i forget what they were.

Come to think of it, what are the odds RDJ has lost interest in releasing albums and instead has become more interested in being an artist and having exhibits of his work (anonymously, and regardless of content - musically, visually...whatever), or cooperate with other artists (eg. cunningham)? The only reason to dj is to bring some money to the table, necessary for a living. Perhaps he's lost respect for the (electronic) music industry?

On the surface it all sounds pretty obvious. And it probably is. But if so, it should have been obvious that the consequence is that he releases less work, and might even give a shit about releasing anything whatsoever, in his lifetime.

Is this too obvious to even post in this thread?

sounds depressing. i think he is like Prince, genius and unpredictable.

oh, not only the soundcloud of th'idiot http://soundcloud.com/cuddles

also listen to the soundcloud of thidiot http://soundcloud.com/thidiot

probably the same guy, both from "bedroom, uk"

definitely afx

his avril 14th 'shit mix' had me suspecting it was him for a while, just due to the drum sequencing in places. found his soundcloud a while back and was dissapointed. some of the tracks in there are ok. some are not so great to say the least. BUT it is all very analord-ish, and i really feel the same way about analord (some of it is just crap i think, while some tracks are amazing). SO, i guess everything taken into consideration, it COULD be him. there were a few clues i saw somewhere that made me think it definitely wasn't once though, but i forget what they were.

lawl

i think alot of artists are waiting for it to not be so easy to rip their stuff off. last year in the US there was reportedly a deal made between ISPs and the RIAA and MPAA in which those associations would give the ISPs money to police internet traffic for copyright theft and revoke internet service from offenders. it was supposed to begin last july, i think, but it didn't seem to, maybe due to the massive challenge of implementation. i thought maybe ISPs were waiting till after the 2012 election or the new year to implement it, but apparently not. before that the over-reaching SOPA and PIPA acts that were proposed and failed promised to protect copyright holders.

i thought that's why deltron 3030 was pushing back event ii. cd sales are down 90% since internet theft became prevalent.

hopefully we can just stigmatize stealing from the coolest humans so the internet doesn't get fucked and these poor geniuses can make some money

Archived