IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

Could this thread be renamed to "No new releases based on the speculations we have" or something? It would actually bring a sense of realism to this world of mass hysteria.

i think the thread should be renamed to:

"all questions about richard D james' new album answered HERE" or

"all answers about new Aphex revealed IN THIS THREAD"

something to that effect.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard he's busy doing youtube dubstep remixes, and that's why his five complextro albums are so delayed.

how do WE know?

let's just do a hypothetical- if you were him, what would your next album sound like,

and, would it feature robots?

Prepared piano pieces. Rather than taking influence from Satie & Cage, they are sequenced in a psuedo-looping fashion reminiscient of early ninties Bluenote derived hip-hop (the more dissonant stuff like say Premiere sampling Thelonius Monk). This is paired with recognisable classic break-beats, but the breaks have actually been recreated accoustically, sequenced WITH ROBOTS and recorded with classic 70's analogue gear that would have been found in professional studios from that heavily sampled era. :cool:

yeah well i don't believe it. i don't believe it at all.

i think kanakori IS richard.

him, or that Anchio Arch io guy.

or me. or all of us. maybe we're all richard and just don't know it.

maybe he only exists as a figment of our imagination, some kind of collective delusion. or maybe the atoms in our body are made up of particles that are really just millions and millions of tiny little richards.

or maybe richard is really someone else and we just thought he was richard. maybe his new album will come out and it will suck.

AH i just thought of a prank he could pull on us, that would be way funnier than him just not putting out an album and laughing at us for caring. if he really detests us so much, why doesn't he just release an album of really shitty music? that would be hilarious. i mean, for him anyway. if he executed it carefully, for maximum impact, it could cause lots of people to have meltdows. like if he made it not obviously intentionally bad, but just good enough to seem like he really tried. then there would even be people saying it was still great.

that's what i would do if i were him, so i guess that proves i'm not him.

but, the fact that i thought that up and he didn't must mean i'm more creative than richard james. and meaner.

Whilst we are on this train of thought ... After that rant, i'm liable to think that you are squarepusher.

heh ;-p

this guy also hosts shows where they do nude dance performances with the robots: http://logosfoundation.org

bloody hell !!

It's funny how unfunctional this is for live performance. The amount of roadies you'd need to sort it all out you might as well hire some people. For a rich guy with a studio and heaps of room though ...

I really want to watch this some time in the near future. Currently they do a show in complete darkness by connecting brainscanning technology to the musicians

bannerdarkroom.jpg

bunker.jpg

quickly translated with google translate:

In this experiment, the DARKROOM team looking for artistic innovation in the complete darkness. They want to verify that the automatisms of the artist while creating bottom can be achieved. Creates a new visual language? Discover the artist another creative consciousness? Start the other senses in the darkness prevailed to take? How does the image of the artist himself, if he can not see what he signs? Can interact with the science and medical imaging a significant role in the artistic research?

14 artists descend into complete darkness in a bunker. While the artists in the bunker to work can an artistic / scientific pub attend about perception and the brain in artistic practice. On site make Logos musicians Kristof Lauwers and Laura Maes music with the brain waves of one of the participants. You see infrared images of the artists that are currently in the works. In the evening we open the bunker and we start the DARKROOM vernissage where you continue to exchange views with scientists and artists.

But not msg. That shit can numb your body, literally.

I really want to watch this some time in the near future. Currently they do a show in complete darkness by connecting brainscanning technology to the musicians

bannerdarkroom.jpg

bunker.jpg

quickly translated with google translate:

In this experiment, the DARKROOM team looking for artistic innovation in the complete darkness. They want to verify that the automatisms of the artist while creating bottom can be achieved. Creates a new visual language? Discover the artist another creative consciousness? Start the other senses in the darkness prevailed to take? How does the image of the artist himself, if he can not see what he signs? Can interact with the science and medical imaging a significant role in the artistic research?

14 artists descend into complete darkness in a bunker. While the artists in the bunker to work can an artistic / scientific pub attend about perception and the brain in artistic practice. On site make Logos musicians Kristof Lauwers and Laura Maes music with the brain waves of one of the participants. You see infrared images of the artists that are currently in the works. In the evening we open the bunker and we start the DARKROOM vernissage where you continue to exchange views with scientists and artists.

you're expecting big brother, with hipsters ?

It's funny how unfunctional this is for live performance. The amount of roadies you'd need to sort it all out you might as well hire some people. For a rich guy with a studio and heaps of room though ...

i dont think they sell that stuff. maybe it was a favor to rich. they seem more like a performance artist group

i don't get the robot thing. i think what would be best, would be like, a series of more 'modular', uhh.. 'modules', that would basically be like a single hammer/mallet per module. each one could be midi controlled. the physical design could allow you to make adjustments on each individual module such as putting different drum sticks, whatever in it to use. but then it would just be up to you to put things in front of it for the module to whack on. then you could just set these up all over a studio to smack various things of your choosing. they would have to be flexible so you could position them at different angles and have some way to affix them to surfaces so they don't move.

then there would have to be a system that kind of controlled the whole thing.

i don't get the robot thing. i think what would be best, would be like, a series of more 'modular', uhh.. 'modules', that would basically be like a single hammer/mallet per module. each one could be midi controlled. the physical design could allow you to make adjustments on each individual module such as putting different drum sticks, whatever in it to use. but then it would just be up to you to put things in front of it for the module to whack on. then you could just set these up all over a studio to smack various things of your choosing. they would have to be flexible so you could position them at different angles and have some way to affix them to surfaces so they don't move.

then there would have to be a system that kind of controlled the whole thing.

felix's machines?

• 2 weeks later...

yeah,felix makes really cool stuff. just the music part is not there

really? I thought it was pretty good.

• 2 months later...

Supposedly his computer recently crashed due the some mayan bug. It had all his new albums stored on it. All gone. Forever. I was told it was mostly tracks made up from farts with all kinds of doppler effects and echos. He's anal like that. Apparently.

Back to the chili con carne, i guess.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived