IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Analord seems to have been the result of having a lot of ridiculously good analog synth gear, but has anyone ever tossed the theory out there that part of the reason Aphex has been so unproductive after analord is because he has become a gear-whore? I've seen it happen to a lot of musicians i know, where they were fine making music on a laptop or computer but as soon as they went down the path of gear lust and had a bunch of hardware synths, they make zero finished music.

Analord seems to have been the result of having a lot of ridiculously good analog synth gear, but has anyone ever tossed the theory out there that part of the reason Aphex has been so unproductive after analord is because he has become a gear-whore? I've seen it happen to a lot of musicians i know, where they were fine making music on a laptop or computer but as soon as they went down the path of gear lust and had a bunch of hardware synths, they make zero finished music.

Just coz he's not releasing music doesn't mean he's unproductive. He'll be making music, but he doesn't have to release it if doesn't want/need to. Remember first & foremost someone like RDJ makes music for himself, not for you, I or a record label.

I completely understand the notion that he doesn't owe anyone anything, and that he doesn't HAVE to release anything, and that he makes music for himself, etc. etc.

But I still feel like there is something a bit selfish about not sharing your creations, especially when they are obviously very good and releasable. Music can of course just be about creator and the created, especially electronic music (no other musicians necessary!) - but for a long, long time music has always involved listeners, too. Not to mention that all kinds of music gets people through all kinds of difficulties and gives all kinds of benefits. The psyche of many a person would greatly benefit a new Aphex Twin album! ;-)

Drukqs, Windowlicker, Analord, The Tuss, RDJ raises the bar each time. Is it sustainable?

.....unreleased Manchester, Minehead and Metz tracks.. with possibly others from Oz sets lats year...

answer: oh yes!!

It's ok guys. Just give him time. We don't want to scare him. He will crawl out of the dark chasm eventually and squirt out a few new things.

face it guys, there is never going to be another rdj LP. he hates our guts. we should turn the tables on him and hate his guts right back. not let him hear any of OUR tracks.

right after this post i'm promptly going to record every work in progress that i have onto cassette tapes from my PC, delete the files, and then burn the tapes. all because of afx.

face it guys, there is never going to be another rdj LP. he hates our guts. we should turn the tables on him and hate his guts right back. not let him hear any of OUR tracks.

right after this post i'm promptly going to record every work in progress that i have onto cassette tapes from my PC, delete the files, and then burn the tapes. all because of afx.

hmmm.. a signed petition to send to Warp? (; fun, idea, but totally wrong/evil

Reluctant messiah, show us the way

Don't let us down, we have no one left

Your unwillingness to prove, what we believe

The signs you won't leave, we still seem to find
Such distance between us, but we know you are here

We feel your presence, it guides us along

But why won't you answer or send us some hope

We'll just keep speculating for what we know is there

Reluctant messiah, show us the way

Don't let us down, we have no one left

Your unwillingness to prove, what we believe

The signs you won't leave, we still seem to find

Such distance between us, but we know you are here

We feel your presence, it guides us along

But why won't you answer or send us some hope

We'll just keep speculating for what we know is there

I literally am so upset that rdj aphex twin has not given us a new album in over 10 years. im so upset. what is his problem? SHEESH!

Guest homo detritus

mmm yeah honestly he should just squeeze another one out through his slightly narrow butthole, I mean we all know

theres no more to it. Divine excretion right? What is with his unwillingness to please the masses, I mean honestly SHEESH!

Archived