IGNORED

Quentin Tarantino - Django Unchained

Redruth

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno whenever I'm around people who talk a certain way I unconsciously pick up on that and do it myself. For instance, when I was in England sometimes I would throw on a English accent on accident. It is just fun to talk that way and when you have those cues around you emphasizing it then it becomes hard not to do. Especially, if you are someone who writes dialogue or puts any attempt into understanding other people's dialects. By the way I can do Marcellus Wallace sooo much better than him.

umm...still sort of offensive though. Or is it not offensive. Is appropriating black culture a compliment?

it might be the immense amounts of cocaine though.

This, plus I'm pretty sure QT is "on the spectrum" if you know what I'm sayin you know what I mean you know what I'm sayin

I dunno whenever I'm around people who talk a certain way I unconsciously pick up on that and do it myself. For instance, when I was in England sometimes I would throw on a English accent on accident. It is just fun to talk that way and when you have those cues around you emphasizing it then it becomes hard not to do. Especially, if you are someone who writes dialogue or puts any attempt into understanding other people's dialects. By the way I can do Marcellus Wallace sooo much better than him.

umm...still sort of offensive though. Or is it not offensive. Is appropriating black culture a compliment?

it's not offensive because it's clearly accidental. he's not taking the piss, anyway.

but awkward

• 3 weeks later...

When Tarantino was a geek working in a video shop he was full of interesting ideas and Reservoir Dogs was a great story, even when you watch it back today and note the amateurishness of the acting and production, these negatives dont detract from the enjoyment of the story. Back then he didn't give a damn who he offended with his films.

Today Tarantino is a politically correct arse kisser pushing an alternative world where black women, women, jews, and then blacks dominate whitey. What's wrong with that? Nothing, plenty of films offer that type of message. The problem is that Tarantino wasn't originally like that. His first two films are racist, sexist, homophobic, violent, and whatever else will offend people. That was the real Tarantino, the genuine real deal movie fan who knows that what happens in virtual reality is not the same as what happens in real life.

What we have these days is a phony - faker. This Tarantino knows what his Hollywood bosses want him to make and he goes along with that agenda. He knows who pays for everything so he kisses their arses like a little bitch. The worst part is that as his films become more and more wet and PC and hollywood liberal friendly then his ego has expanded to resemble an exploding Zeppelin. He never misses a chance to insert his smell in the middle of a plot that has nothing to do with him. Weird handwriting, ugly shitty cameos, hollywood arsekisser story premises, long publicity about which infamous has been actor is going to be acting out his clunky LUGGING blocked-toilet dialogue.

I would give the guy some kudos for the film sets, costumes, music, and interesting story elements. But he didn't make any of it himself and he only got it by ass kissing hollywood.

Also I have heard good rumours from good sources that some people associated with Tarantino are pedos so it's pretty sad to watch people fall for media hype and support this crook's thieving anti-art anti-beauty anti-truth used toilet paper films

He's jew-owned:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weinstein_Company

They probably gave him a sack of money to use all those buzzwords in the "I'm shutting your butt down" interview.

Anyway this movie seems to have died off already, glad it did, shit like this shouldn't be rewarded, IB was bad enough.

It actually has a unique flavor, well placed humor, and seriously outstanding performances with memorable characters while handling its subject matter in an eyebrow-raising, non-formulaic manner. This knocks it way out of average territory as a moviegoing experience. I dare say there's not a single average thing about it for better or worse. I say better.

It actually has a unique flavor, well placed humor, and seriously outstanding performances with memorable characters while handling its subject matter in an eyebrow-raising, non-formulaic manner. This knocks it way out of average territory as a moviegoing experience. I dare say there's not a single average thing about it for better or worse. I say better.

Completely agree. Well put!

i guess this proves that even with all those ingredients at play as well as having great cast you can still make a very average film that pales in comparison to your earlier 'simpler' work with less of those elements occurring at once

Archived