IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

If the Rome/Warp20 track was on this album in all it's sonic glory, it would push the lp into the highest echelons of mindblowingness (is that a word?lol). I'd think I'd be dizzy with the sheer weight of awesomeness coming from the speakers.

I wish that would be released already. Alas, it probably never will be. Has anyone made a rip of just the audio yet? If so can they PM it to me?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol breaking news

SQUAREPUSHER ALBUM TOO MELODIC FOR WATMM

bahahaha nice....

No matter what he released someone would have something to bitch about. If he went back to amen-breaky stuff, it'd be "oh he's just rehashing his old style, we've heard this before".

Since it's something different, everyones complaining it's not like his old stuff >.<

When has any Squarepusher album sounded like the previous one?

Well yeah, that's my point exactly. It's never happened. People would bitch no matter if he put out something that sounded new or if it sounded like what he used to make.

Guest CraniumXII

Drums are a bit bombastic, but they do make more sense in this context, however. It was in Shoba that I really had a problem with it... I still enjoyed that album, as a Squarepusher side project. Though I would actually love to see the Squarepusher Jazz Trio!

Squarepusher is the most unpredictable artist I've come across. His range of styles is ridiculous... it's what makes him one of the Big Daddies, IMO. Agree or don't agree with his direction, but you can't deny the man's genius. That's aside from being among the best bass players.

Drums are a bit bombastic, but they do make more sense in this context, however. It was in Shoba that I really had a problem with it... I still enjoyed that album, as a Squarepusher side project. Though I would actually love to see the Squarepusher Jazz Trio!

Squarepusher is the most unpredictable artist I've come across. His range of styles is ridiculous... it's what makes him one of the Big Daddies, IMO. Agree or don't agree with his direction, but you can't deny the man's genius. That's aside from being among the best bass players.

this. except I can't get into Shoba because of the vocoders. But still I respect the album and the fact he dared to do it, and I love the fact he always pushes himself into something new.

I was thinking about that two days ago while I watched the videos from the latest gigs : I wondered how he could possibly make so different things at every release, and after thinking about it, I think the only explanation is that he doesn't make the tracks just as they come but more likely experiment until he finds a "new sound", then constrain himself to that sound and make an album after that.

For me that's what explain the strong homogeneity of each of his releases. And if he does that all his life long, imagine his discography when he'll be 70 years old.

:happy:

indeed he's a genius of our time

Guest bitroast

If the Rome/Warp20 track was on this album in all it's sonic glory, it would push the lp into the highest echelons of mindblowingness (is that a word?lol). I'd think I'd be dizzy with the sheer weight of awesomeness coming from the speakers.

I wish that would be released already. Alas, it probably never will be. Has anyone made a rip of just the audio yet? If so can they PM it to me?

i'm hoping he's holding back those tracks for an album collection of striaght up acid tracks. selection sixteen sytyle.

i'm happy to wait for that shit, just so long it finally actually gets released at some point. those tracks are GOOD.

Hey folks, just thought I'd pop in and say I can't fuuuuckkking wait until this beast is spinning on my turntable!! Gonna be a big day for sure.

And I'll see you 'in the pit' at Bloc. This is IDM music to mosh to!!

Guest rotchnock

lol breaking news

bahahaha nice....

No matter what he released someone would have something to bitch about. If he went back to amen-breaky stuff, it'd be "oh he's just rehashing his old style, we've heard this before".

Since it's something different, everyones complaining it's not like his old stuff >.<

Except is not that different from his past releases.

lol breaking news

bahahaha nice....

In terms of the beats, which is what we are talking about, I think it's quite different.

What you are saying then, is that the beats from the upcoming ufabulum are pretty much the same as in his past releases? :cerious: :cerious: :cerious:

Stephen I think we get the gist that you love Squarepusher lol.

lol.

I do.

I love all good electronic music though. I'd have the same discussion whether it were squarepusher, aphex twin, BoC, Clark, Bibio, xploding plastix, amon tobin, etc etc etc.

bitches gonna bitch

moaners gonna moan

Just for the record: I haven't been bitching and/or moaning about Ufabulum. In that's not because I don't see a reason for it, if you catch my drift.

Ok, make that "for some record".

Carry on.

Guest rotchnock

lol breaking news

bahahaha nice....

In terms of the beats, which is what we are talking about, I think it's quite different.

What you are saying then, is that the beats from the upcoming ufabulum are pretty much the same as in his past releases? :cerious: :cerious: :cerious:

The beats are basically the same as in dDmonstrator. they got the same dull vibe, they are just arranged on a more IDM way.

lol breaking news

bahahaha nice....

The beats are basically the same as in dDmonstrator. they got the same dull vibe, they are just arranged on a more IDM way.

To paraphrase what you're saying....

"They're basically the same. But they're different."

Changing the arrangement is enough of a difference IMO.

It's like building cars made out of legos. You can build a shit-ton of different cars with the same legos, some turn out ugly some turn out pretty cool. It's up to you to not make a crap one I guess.

Anyways, not particularly excited with the things I've heard so far, will probably still buy it to get a better idea of what it sounds like in the context of the album and in its intended sound quality. If the only song from Just A Souvenir I'd heard was A Real Woman and assumed everything sounded like it on the album I would not have bought it, so we'll see.

It's like building cars made out of legos. You can build a shit-ton of different cars with the same legos, some turn out ugly some turn out pretty cool. It's up to you to not make a crap one I guess.

Anyways, not particularly excited with the things I've heard so far, will probably still buy it to get a better idea of what it sounds like in the context of the album and in its intended sound quality. If the only song from Just A Souvenir I'd heard was A Real Woman and assumed everything sounded like it on the album I would not have bought it, so we'll see.

Yeah I also remember my reaction when Just A Souvenir came out. I trully thought "ok, this is the end of Squarepusher"

Two weaks later I listened to it for real and I was like :nacmat::emb::trollface::nyan:

Man........... three long drives in the dark with the Full SF set on full blast has made me realise the true extent of the 'Pushers comeback.

Remember his "Ultravisitor" title and how maybe it conjured up an alien force landed on earth with unnatural twisted beats and rhythmns. Well its like that entity has gone back to its home world/dimension and returned with beats and melodies from its own spaectime as a gift to us mere earthlings once more... possibly as a way of saying sorry for the human-influenced tracks he gave us last time. Now he realises we don't need this "ultravisitor" to be one of us..... he has give us the Ultimate Facking Album

Archived