IGNORED

Last Step - Sleep

cear

Is this guy still releasing three albums a year? I've never really liked his stuff - too much filler. He seems more focused on quantity rather than quality. I dunno - most of what I've heard just sounds like random noise with vague beats to me. I'd probably get more entertainment locking David Blunkett in a room full of pots and pans and listening through the keyhole to the ensuing chaos!

2011 saw only the release of the 4 track EP "Cubist Reggae" while 2010 saw only the release of his LP "My So-Called Life" and the Speed Dealer Moms project. 2009 had only one LP and one EP. So far this year he's released "Affectionate" and "Fool the Detector," both of which are 4 track EPs.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

Is this guy still releasing three albums a year? I've never really liked his stuff - too much filler. He seems more focused on quantity rather than quality. I dunno - most of what I've heard just sounds like random noise with vague beats to me. I'd probably get more entertainment locking David Blunkett in a room full of pots and pans and listening through the keyhole to the ensuing chaos!

don't forget to try counting to seven or another prime number.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Rather than use the Snares name, however, the electronic wildcard will be releasing this project under the title Last Step. Sleep is, as the title suggests, a collection of compositions that Funk made while falling asleep.

“These tracks are really different for me, really mellow and dreamy”, says Snares of Sleep. “That nice comfortable feeling when you’re falling asleep. Feels pointless to describe it, that feeling, there really shouldn’t be words for that state, so I describe the process a little instead. For awhile, when I was really tired and ready to go to bed instead of going to sleep I would make a tune.

“Get some stuff going on my sequencers, drum machines, patch up my modular and just jam it. Would fall asleep alot listening to the sequences, few seconds of sleep or a few minutes, wake up in it. This is what I sound like in my sleep.”

http://www.factmag.com/2012/04/10/venetian-snares-goes-to-sleep-on-new-album/

2011 saw only the release of the 4 track EP "Cubist Reggae" while 2010 saw only the release of his LP "My So-Called Life" and the Speed Dealer Moms project. 2009 had only one LP and one EP. So far this year he's released "Affectionate" and "Fool the Detector," both of which are 4 track EPs.

Lol why did you even bother to answer that? The bold sentence ends the case.

Lol why did you even bother to answer that? The bold sentence ends the case.

To answer the first question in his post. Couldn't really be fucked to read the rest, or at least I had forgotten it by now.

• 2 weeks later...

ditto! can't wait!

i'm a total Last Step buff ever since that first EP came out, what, 7 years ago? (You're A Nice Girl)

(also, that's a roofie reference in the last track's title innit)

[...] "Bhavani EP", downloaded from project168.co.uk, out in 2006...

oh yeah, the p168 EP he did, forgot about that. there was some good jams on there as well...

btw.. Xyrem is just GHB, right?

Didn't someone make a heap of faux album covers based on 60s (or whatever) book cover designs? Think I saw some on Tycho's site.

ditto! can't wait!

i'm a total Last Step buff ever since that first EP came out, what, 7 years ago? (You're A Nice Girl)

(also, that's a roofie reference in the last track's title innit)

[...] "Bhavani EP", downloaded from project168.co.uk, out in 2006...

oh yeah, the p168 EP he did, forgot about that. there was some good jams on there as well...

btw.. Xyrem is just GHB, right?

Not really. It is used for patients suffering from narcolepsy.

Archived