IGNORED

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

Redruth

Sounds great on my Grado SR325i set-up... Very crisp, clear, with excellent punchy bass and sound staging. It may depend on how you listen to it. Other than some overly compressed drums at times, I think the production is quite solid. Some of by biggest issues come in on Drax 2, which seems to suffer the most from that side-chain compression issue.

you, or anyone else for that matter, don't find that 'energy wizard' ends up sounds kind of flat or lacking in production relative to the rest of the album? 'drax 2' is a little odd in how it's compressed, but 'energy wizard' sounds strangely unlike the rest of the album production-wise

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I saw SP live was Warp20 (Sheffield). The sound at the venue wasn't great on the front row, but I gave SP a free pass as he was rolling out all the old material that I'd never had a chance to hear live originally.

Sound was just fine to me, and I was literally right at the front on the barrier, holding up a mic to record it all.

In parallel to the audio, he mentions in that FACT interview that he never intends to put out a DVD of the Ufabulum show, because the whole LED thing just doesn't have the same impact on a TV/computer screen that it does live. I can fully testify to that - the LEDs are a punishing assault to the point where I saw people at the front of the crowd turning around because they couldn't handle it, and some smart folks donning sunglasses!

wusses, the LEDs weren't that tough to watch. either that, or I'm hardcore.

Hardcore Oscillik

So I pre-ordered the CD+EP bundle, but bleep only let me download Ufabulum, without Enstrobia today. Is that how this is supposed to go? I can't remember the details of the offer.

As long as the physical copies get to me within a day or two, no biggie, anyway.

Guest ruiagnelo

I'm saying this again because i seem to be the only one noticing but ecstatic shock has a fuckin shameless wet fart in it

Tom wanted you to think that

he WON

edit: you lost

but Michael Jackson... Squarepusher has been good the whole time. some people just haven't kept up with his changes, or weren't willing to go into the territory he was doing. i've said this a hundred times but whatever... Hello Everything and Just a Souvenir are both classics, I bet you don't even like Music is Rotted One Note

Guest ruiagnelo

but Michael Jackson... Squarepusher has been good the whole time. some people just haven't kept up with his changes, or weren't willing to go into the territory he was doing. i've said this a hundred times but whatever... Hello Everything and Just a Souvenir are both classics, I bet you don't even like Music is Rotted One Note

Every single Squarepusher work presents a new aesthetic and is always different from everything else he has done before. Even though some are technically better achieved than others, that is pretty much enough to love the man

the damn cover doesn't glow in the dark AT ALL! what the hell Warp?

it will glow, only if you believe

Guest ruiagnelo

Belief is for outworldish zealots. It will glow if you put it on fire! Yes, it's that simple!

myth-busted.jpg

I turned on a desk lamp and pointed it straight at the cover for 20 minutes. still no glow action :(

Have you got the Cd version or the Lp boxset ?

I turned on a desk lamp and pointed it straight at the cover for 20 minutes. still no glow action :(

Have you got the Cd version or the Lp boxset ?

cd. I can feel the pattern with my finger, but it just won't show up in the dark. I've had the cd since friday, and it's been bothering me ever since.

Archived