IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

Aaaah yes this reminds me I can change my avatar. Though mine wasn't as bad (bad meaning good) as Azatooth's imo. Small mercies lol.

pleasure doing business with ya pal. I look forward to the next one.

:beer:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Rick James, bitch

A once funny phrase from Chapel's shown, then bastardized by every idiot who thinks that they're funny repeating it.

Fat nerd: "I'm Rick James, bitch!"

Fat friends: "HEhehehehehehehehehhe... I'm leet"

urbandictionary

lol

Edited by Guest

adam posted a video of them jamming in the studio on his fb today

the video was them jamming lateralus for 2 minutes :facepalm:

Well I sure am glad they can still jam on a song they wrote 15 years ago and have played hundreds of times since. Great job TOOL now go write some new fucking music before you bastards are too old. :trollface:

Something resembling an update: http://www.theprp.com/2013/08/19/news/maynard-james-keenan-talks-new-tool-album-progress-says-hes-waiting-for-to-hear-the-music/.

Basically, Maynard hasn't heard any music. And until then, he can't write lyrics, so there's no album.

The fact that Maynard hasn't heard music is a bit weird. But he says it's on its way.

The fact that Maynard hasn't heard music is a bit weird. But he says it's on its way.

these guys haven't been a real band since lateralus (and it shows)

hm. that doesn't sound very ambitious does it.

i'd prefer seeing them call it a day gracefully rather than releasing an awkwardly mediocre 10-years-in-the-making album.

A long time ago I have given up with highly anticipating releases of albums. Even Tool.

I shall expect neither something good nor something bad. Even from Tool.

This has worked out well for me, and I am always overflowing with patience and cautious optimism.

Join me, Jules.

Shh.

No tears.

Only dreams now.

Edited by triachus

I'm actually in the same boat. of course it would be easy to get wound up and say it should be a double album with monster sounds and some vintage angry Maynard but as long as its better than 10k days, I'm good, no matter what it is.