IGNORED

Tool - Fear Inoculum (August 30th, 2019)

4 hours ago, beer badger said:

But I know I'm wasting my words with most of you childish gaylords. 

lol’d me

Track didn’t really grab me. Lyrics kinda cringe. I also didn’t immediately dig the first single from Lateralus (forget the name) but loved the album. 

Hoping for the same this time around. 

Nothing matters to me except whether or not the music is fresh, ballsy and well produced. No Rogan, chargeable screen, wtfever

8 hours ago, colunga said:

i think the only true way into deep, spiraling TOOL fandom is to discover them as a TEENAGE pseudo-intellectual stoner who hasn't had a girlfriend.

checks out

I like the song just fine. It's pretty average Tool though and I hope there are at least a few songs on this that will become classics in their discography. It is worrying when their album title track song is just decent. I hope this isn't going to be as meh as the last APC album Maynard did.

Tool was one of my first 'favorite bands'. When I started listening to music. Though I'd say I liked A Perfect Circle a little more than Tool at the time. Thirteenth Step was my first 'favorite album'. 

Edited by Brisbot

7 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I like the song just fine. It's pretty average Tool though and I hope there are at least a few songs on this that will become classics in their discography. It is worrying when their album title track song is just decent. I hope this isn't going to be as meh as the last APC album Maynard did.

Tool was one of my first 'favorite bands'. When I started listening to music. Though I'd say I liked A Perfect Circle a little more than Tool at the time. Thirteenth Step was my first 'favorite album'. 

i like descending and invincible better, so far. i think we will find the new songs to be more distinct, in their own ways. tool always kind of forms these "tool songs" that coalesce around some elemental observation. because they spent 12 years jamming, i think the songs may have even more concentrated personalities. descending seems to be their "save the earth, get our shit together" call. invincible is an introspective meditation that nicely focuses energy on being in the moment. i don't know what the title track is about yet. trying to not over-listen.

Edited by very honest

Potentially track will sound better in context I think. I actually really like it. Especially the outro with the burning distorted riff. 

I do hope the rest of it is even moree experimental though. Lateralus is an absolute classic in my book.

Never heard of Tool before but the track sounds good, I have nothing to compare it with anyway. 

Came to watmm for electronic music, stayed for the rock music I guess

• Like 1

Woah tracklisting seems kinda short when not looking at the bonus tracks. Though I think I heard somewhere once that the tracks will all be fairly long and it'll still have an hour runtime (again not counting bonus)