IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

• 4 weeks later...

buzz from the melvins is a friend of the band and in this article he says the shortest song on the new album is 12 minutes. a year ago there was word they had a 20 minute song plus 10 others in various stages of completion. definitely looking at a double album, at least. also, they've never spent even close to this much time writing, i'm thinking we're in for a real monster.

Edited by very honest

I'm quite sad that tdn is shutting down, or turning to Twitter, or whatever. I spent many hours there and at alt.music.tool back in the day, reading the FAQ, reading ideas, theories, hidden shit, all that fun stuff. Such is the way of the land, Internetia.

Edited by auxien

the shortest song on the new album is 12 minutes. a year ago there was word they had a 20 minute song plus 10 others in various stages of completion. definitely looking at a double album, at least.

Oh for fucks sake, don't they realize nobody got time for 20 minute songs. Get with the times tool.

The 70's called, they want their prog back.

Edited by olo

Would be awesome if they took advantage of not being limited to 80min physical discs (like ae!)

was just thinking recently that if the mars volta had come up in 2016, would they have made MORE 30 min songs? then i thought tool surely would have.

but i think they havent even started working on Song #2 for this album.

(jk lol)

Edited by colunga

Would be awesome if they took advantage of not being limited to 80min physical discs (like ae!)

i like this idea but they are pretty committed to the physical format.

• 9 months later...