IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

I think this is going to be different. They know it's been 12 years. They know 10k days was kind of a collection of songs vs an album. They know it's probably their last album. I'd be shocked if it's not a double album with a few songs near 15-20 minutes.

I'm hoping Tool is going to hire a blimp near my house.  And has an album cover that is a long foldout of every FB and Twitter remark about how long it has taken for them to make an album.

an album cover that is a long foldout of every FB and Twitter remark about how long it has taken for them to make an album.

There's not enough CD-grade cardboard in the world

just listen to king crimson

Just listen to Meshuggah too.

MASHUP and actually maybe

https://pitchfork.com/news/tool-will-teach-you-how-to-play-their-songs-on-new-tour/

...an “intimate discussion of the inner workings of the band’s music,” going over the writing process and how the band performs their songs live. The sessions will culminate in an open Q&A session, as well as a meet 'n' greet. Tool are also bringing along a “traveling exhibit of unique memorabilia” for fans to view.

lol okay

He has done sooooo much more since 10,000 days alone than Tool has done in their 28 year career. They should be a little embarrassed by that.

Edited by jules

The other boys all do other things too to varying degrees. Carey plays shows all the time with other bands, Jones used to do lots of art, not sure if he still does, etc...Plus they're rich, have families, why not spend your time with loved ones when you can afford to? Can't blame them for that really.

But mostly just the quantity of Keenan's work doesn't compare to the quality of Tool's imo. Puscifer is occasionally pretty good but often just sorta jokey and often bland. A Perfect Circle's stuff past their first two albums has been weak as fuck imo, what little of it I've managed to sit through. Plus I mean, yeah, he's got a wine business and wrote a book, cool. He's got family and all too. Tool are old and slow and are very wrapped up in perfecting everything it would seem, to their detriment (very little of 10K Days was perfect, tbh half of it sounds like it was written in the studio last minute).

They did it to themselves though, perpetuating the mystery dark occult and aliens and drugs and mind expansion shit, well now they can't just write a few fucking rock n roll tunes and throw them out. Everything's gotta be a big fucking deal and wrought with hidden meanings and...yeah. Hope they've got this one last good one in them.

i would actually prefer that they take 12 years and crowley themselves out and meander until they've captured satisfactory monsters, as opposed to just peeling off an album like so many bands do. no one else is going to do it.

Edited by very honest

The other boys all do other things too to varying degrees. Carey plays shows all the time with other bands, Jones used to do lots of art, not sure if he still does, etc...Plus they're rich, have families, why not spend your time with loved ones when you can afford to? Can't blame them for that really.

But mostly just the quantity of Keenan's work doesn't compare to the quality of Tool's imo. Puscifer is occasionally pretty good but often just sorta jokey and often bland. A Perfect Circle's stuff past their first two albums has been weak as fuck imo, what little of it I've managed to sit through. Plus I mean, yeah, he's got a wine business and wrote a book, cool. He's got family and all too. Tool are old and slow and are very wrapped up in perfecting everything it would seem, to their detriment (very little of 10K Days was perfect, tbh half of it sounds like it was written in the studio last minute).

They did it to themselves though, perpetuating the mystery dark occult and aliens and drugs and mind expansion shit, well now they can't just write a few fucking rock n roll tunes and throw them out. Everything's gotta be a big fucking deal and wrought with hidden meanings and...yeah. Hope they've got this one last good one in them.

totally get what you're saying. I do like puscifer though, it just has to be taken at face value. The new APC that comes out next week should be interesting. I have stayed away from all the single releases but I am not expecting anything like those first two. Those were 10/10 albums.

But I cant really argue any of your points aux. Just waiting for that new double album special edition $200 vinyl preorder...

I love Conditions of My Parole so much - absolutely caned that album over the years. I really couldn't get into the one they released after though. I don't even remember its name. Are APC worth checking out? I remember listening to a couple of the old singles and thought they were a bit boring, are the album tracks any better? 

Anyway. Tool are rate good and I'm quite looking forward to their new album that will definitely come out before I die.

APC were great.  Very melodic, a lot of unconventional guitar work.  First album had a bit of a... mystical(?) vibe going for it.  I haven't heard it in well over a decade, probably sounds a bit dated now.  But it had a lot of really strong songs on it.  Second album was decent.  Then they released a shitty covers album and fucked off.