IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

• 2 weeks later...

studiofire1-225x300.jpg

Danny’s drum altar burst into flames the other night after he finished tracking one of the tunes for the new TOOL ALBUM.  This occurred while he was listening to the playback and contemplating if this should be the KEEPER TRACK or if he should try one more take.  After smelling acrid fumes coming from the adjoining room, he rushed to check it out and realized that his drum altar was ablaze.   

The small fire was quickly extinguished,  but not before the Egyptian  tutelary deity HORUS suffered minor damage.  The falcon-headed one was carefully transported to the ER where it was administered doses of super glue and later released.  Afterwards it was decided that the track in question would be a keeper.   I’m also happy to report that Horus (with the good ear!) is now back on the altar where he continues to provide “as only he can.” (to quote Danny.)

fire3.jpg

studiofire1-225x300.jpg

Danny’s drum altar burst into flames the other night after he finished tracking one of the tunes for the new TOOL ALBUM. This occurred while he was listening to the playback and contemplating if this should be the KEEPER TRACK or if he should try one more take. After smelling acrid fumes coming from the adjoining room, he rushed to check it out and realized that his drum altar was ablaze.

The small fire was quickly extinguished, but not before the Egyptian tutelary deity HORUS suffered minor damage. The falcon-headed one was carefully transported to the ER where it was administered doses of super glue and later released. Afterwards it was decided that the track in question would be a keeper. I’m also happy to report that Horus (with the good ear!) is now back on the altar where he continues to provide “as only he can.” (to quote Danny.)

fire3.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm afraid it's going to sound similar in production, I think Joe barisi is doing it again.

they should go back to David botrill. the sound on aenima and lateralus was literally perfect.

Agreed. 10000 was too loud (Vicarious was obviously limiter-distorted).

Yeah it would be so retarded if this album is mixed like a mid-2000s mainstream metal album with brickwalled drums and shit. Probably will be the case. Ænima was so fuckin juicy and dark. When I even think of that album I get an image of a black void with nightmare creatures squirming around.

studiofire1-225x300.jpg

Danny’s drum altar burst into flames the other night after he finished tracking one of the tunes for the new TOOL ALBUM. This occurred while he was listening to the playback and contemplating if this should be the KEEPER TRACK or if he should try one more take. After smelling acrid fumes coming from the adjoining room, he rushed to check it out and realized that his drum altar was ablaze.

The small fire was quickly extinguished, but not before the Egyptian tutelary deity HORUS suffered minor damage. The falcon-headed one was carefully transported to the ER where it was administered doses of super glue and later released. Afterwards it was decided that the track in question would be a keeper. I’m also happy to report that Horus (with the good ear!) is now back on the altar where he continues to provide “as only he can.” (to quote Danny.)

fire3.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol this is inasne

Danny is so depressed about his drum altar spontaneously combusting that he doesn't have it in him to further record any of the new album. sad.