IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

maynard is currently touring w/Puscifer.. side project.. they've been on and off the road for the last several months. currently in europe. Paul Barker formerly of Ministry is playing bass w/them. he's posting a lot of tour pics of venues and such on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/leadintogold/

new tool record? no idea.

I listened to Portishead - Third on the commute to work this morning and that reminded me that 10 year albums can sometimes deliver the goods, which made me feel a bit better about Tool than I had been for a while. And hey... at least we're getting the new Avalanches today right? Come on Tool, give us a new album so the year of musical dreams (and terrible deaths) can be truly complete!

When they seemed stronger as a group of individuals writing music together, I was hoping they'd do a double album and close out their writing career with it. Now, given how long and trudging the writing is reported to be even for Tool, I really just hope whatever they release doesn't taint their catalog.

sent using magic space waves

Did anyone here catch them on their recent tour? What did you think of any new material they played? I listened to a clip of one new song but I wasn't very moved by it, just curious about what to expect from a new Tool release.

Edited by Vilwx

They haven't played any new material on their tour. The one you heard was more of a segue based on something that they had been working and not a proper song.

with visuals

I want a video rock opera like the wall but a 2 hour tool video. on vhs or laser disc.

Ah yeah, they were also supposed to release a live DVD from the Lateralus tour, I think they even recorded some of the shows. LOL.

they did. they even performed faaip de oiad as a hidden live track!

Did you wait until after the venue closed to hear it?

they came back out 40 minutes after they left the stage or so. there were still people filing out that caught it.

they did it a few times.

pretty cool idea.

started off kinda cool but got boring quickly.. sounds like 46+2 really. I think they've run out of ideas

I mean, it sounds like Tool - it definitely does, but I wouldn't say they've run out of ideas. It sounds pretty interesting even though it's a teaser. We'll see what happens when the new album is released... Hopefully while we are all still cognitive