IGNORED

Will facebook survive

o00o

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

Facebook will survive. They can see the history of past web-companies just as clearly as everyone else.

Google is more worrying.

Agreed - it's just like all the pundits who have been proclaiming Google's demise for years - Google, like Facebook is an innovator who will continue to expand and grow as the online landscape changes - the other examples were of companies that did NOT keep up with the changes, or made colossal mistakes that cost them dearly.

i guarantee facebook will not survive. it's well on its way to a myspace style downfall, which is basically unavoidable. people will be laughing about how silly it was that we all used facebook, kind of like how we laugh at synth pop songs from the 80s and beehives. period.

companies that did NOT keep up with the changes, or made colossal mistakes that cost them dearly.

Nokia :cerious:

Blackberry...

companies that did NOT keep up with the changes, or made colossal mistakes that cost them dearly.

Blackberry...

last.fm

rThVg.png

Blackberry...

last.fm

rThVg.png

yet again, you're using these graphs as some sort of evidence that there's lack of interest in a certain thing. which is a tenuous link at best.

for example - these graphs don't take into account mobile-device traffic.

Guest sirch

it probably won't survive. like everything else it will be replaced by something else that seems better and has more features and things supposed to make your life easier, more fun and less hassle. but which will just end up sapping even more of your time and being more awkward and more of a pain in the ass than the brilliant idea before it.

Guest Intelligent dodgem music

eventually, the number of inhabitants of the earth will be reached.

then the Zuckerbergs will have to find some way to increase the world population.

Blackberry...

last.fm

rThVg.png

yet again, you're using these graphs as some sort of evidence that there's lack of interest in a certain thing. which is a tenuous link at best.

for example - these graphs don't take into account mobile-device traffic.

sure its just a trend nothing more but just take a look at the new last.fm scrobble app they released this week as a beta. It just sucks. I told them in their beta feedback form in a nice way (I did not say it sucked) and they just deleted my comment.

spotify has all they don't have: hires streaming /downloads for premium, similar artist suggestion, similar artist radio, a great fast player, plugin support (the last.fm plugin for spotify is better than the one last.fm has build on its own). A great player for the iphone (I assume there is one on andoid too) and all either free or premium if you like to pay for no ads, better sound quality or offline sync. last.fm could have done all this - at least optional for subscribers. they had years of time on their own. instead they took away the loved tracks feature and increased their subscriber fee. All you get for your expensive subscription is a bad iphone app that crashes often. the spotify app did not crash once. neither desktop nor phone.

You are right I do not have all numbers and this google trend thing is not hard numbers but the overall impression is pretty clear on this one.

You are right I do not have all numbers and this google trend thing is not hard numbers but the overall impression is pretty clear on this one.

Nope, it's still not clear at all.

The only thing that these Google Trend graphs show with any clarity is that people aren't searching for those items.

If one already knows about Last.FM, or Spotify, why would they carry on searching Google for it? The only thing these graphs correlate to is whether people are searching for it - a barometer on people's curiosity, yes. A measure of how 'popular' something is, it isn't.

The only thing that these Google Trend graphs show with any clarity is that people aren't searching for those items.

If one already knows about Last.FM, or Spotify, why would they carry on searching Google for it? The only thing these graphs correlate to is whether people are searching for it - a barometer on people's curiosity, yes. A measure of how 'popular' something is, it isn't.

yes I agree with you on this. Its just my overall impression that last.fm is going down. based on all that in my statement you didn't quote

yes I agree with you on this. Its just my overall impression that last.fm is going down. based on all that in my statement you didn't quote

Yeah, but...that's still not conclusive evidence of anything except your own personal issues (and possible bias) against last.fm.

For example - you mention about the stability of the iOS app for Spotify, and then make an assumption about the Android app (which, as far as I've been able to ascertain by seeing comments about the new Spotify beta app for Android, the current stable release is actually very buggy and slow).

When you have no factual correlative evidence, and you just post a Google Trends graph (which has no pertinence to popularity of anything), it just comes across as....silly?

Yeah, but...that's still not conclusive evidence of anything except your own personal issues (and possible bias) against last.fm.

For example - you mention about the stability of the iOS app for Spotify, and then make an assumption about the Android app (which, as far as I've been able to ascertain by seeing comments about the new Spotify beta app for Android, the current stable release is actually very buggy and slow).

When you have no factual correlative evidence, and you just post a Google Trends graph (which has no pertinence to popularity of anything), it just comes across as....silly?

I am not sure about the android app as I said but I am sure about the performance of the last.fm scrobble desktop and mobile app for iphone which is much worse than the great player spotify has. did you read the user feedback when last.fm changed their subscriber model and removed the loved tracks? so many people where pissed about it.

now spotify delivers all that what last.fm removed. guess what happens when you even can import your last.fm account with a single click and by this get all of it back?

loved tracks still works for me?

you can still love tracks but the loved tracks radio is gone. before you could listen to a random mix of your loved tracks by becoming a subscriber. now you just get mobile streaming and ads removed

on spotify you can listen to everything as often as you like

I am not sure about the android app as I said but I am sure about the performance of the last.fm scrobble desktop and mobile app for iphone which is much worse than the great player spotify has. did you read the user feedback when last.fm changed their subscriber model and removed the loved tracks? so many people where pissed about it.

now spotify delivers all that what last.fm removed. guess what happens when you even can import your last.fm account with a single click and by this get all of it back?

Yeah, I remember all the furor around the subscriber model changes and such.

But I also remember the furor around the various and multiple Facebook redesigns, and the droves of people that said that they would leave Facebook, only to end up either not leaving at all or coming back 2 days later. And don't even try to say that there isn't an alternative to Facebook.

I still think that posting a Google Trends graph, without even so much as a word to acknowledge that it has no pertinence to popularity is a bit of a pompous move.

Archived