1. 1. What say you?

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Meh

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I still haven't listened since september. The two melodic tracks on Enstrobia are better than the album, imo!

1. I am a huge Tony Banks fan, so, wicked avatar from the NRAA music video.

2. I couldn't agree more, I'm SO glad I bought the cd with the Enstrobia cd, those tracks are way better!

I'm seeing him peform @ Sónar Reykjavík next saturday. Still really can't believe this will be happening since my country's population is small. But i think our yearly Iceland Airwaves festival did probably convince them to select Reykjavík, and also because of 'Harpa' our new music hall center.

Couldn't be more excited! The ultimate ufabulum experience. Though I kind of wish he would break out some of the classic tracks, but i realise that's not part of this live project now.

IMG_0721web900.jpg

i'm expecting a cool, crystal, clear, Icelandic recording!

Just put on the album, randomly run it through some buffer override and flash some LED lights in your eyes - it'll be exactly the same.

(though to be fair apparently the set has evolved since he started the Ubabulum tour where that was pretty much all that was going on)

At first, I quite liked it. A lot more than the previous two.

Then, I quite hated it. The album is just really weird sounding, with all that compression.

Now, I quit enjoy it. Not his best, but there's some alright tracks on there. The mixing/mastering/whatever is still pretty weird, but I guess it kinda adds to the album. Meh. Pretty good album.

Guest teetime

Just got myself a new Powershot S100 camera so we'll see if i get some nice video bits. Might record some of the LFO show too.

Thank you very much! I expect a new "evolved" second act after the ufabulum set. It has been a few months since his last perfomance. So it might be worth it.

Yeah, this album is probably decent, unfortunately it sounds like shitty shit shit and I never have the urge to listen to it because of this. I get maybe 4 tracks into it and my ears beg me to stop. It sounds quite a bit like the idm answer to Metallica's St. Anger, I know this because ex-girlfriends younger brother listened to that shit. It was bad.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, this album is probably decent, unfortunately it sounds like shitty shit shit and I never have the urge to listen to it because of this. I get maybe 4 tracks into it and my ears beg me to stop. It sounds quite a bit like the idm answer to Metallica's St. Anger, I know this because ex-girlfriends younger brother listened to that shit. It was bad.

I like this album but yes it sounds so aggressive and squashed that i can hardly listen to it in one take. It's the new way i guess... :(

Death magnetic!

Guest I Am Beyond Human

I think people don't understand the complex emotions he's conveying on this album. I personally think it's a masterpiece and it makes me want to dance with sexy IDM girls in a futuristic club while I'm tripping on hallucinogenic drugs.

Guest I Am Beyond Human

I think people don't understand the complex emotions he's conveying on this album.

Why don't you chug my diarrhea.

I love diarrhea...

Late call, I know, but here is another review: http://www.hhv-mag.com/en/review/3239/squarepusher-ufabulum

The end of electronic music? Nice try making your review epic by having some ridiculous grand declaration.

It's not my review that's epic, it's the album. As always it's a question of taste but I felt it that way. Ufabulum is not 100 % perfect but it is so dense and so overwhelming and so complex that I simply could see the exclamation mark at the end of the album. It says more than most electronic albums currently available.

Late call, I know, but here is another review: http://www.hhv-mag.com/en/review/3239/squarepusher-ufabulum

The end of electronic music? Nice try making your review epic by having some ridiculous grand declaration.

It's not my review that's epic, it's the album. As always it's a question of taste but I felt it that way. Ufabulum is not 100 % perfect but it is so dense and so overwhelming and so complex that I simply could see the exclamation mark at the end of the album. It says more than most electronic albums currently available.

I like it but it doesn't say nearly as much as his older records

But seriously..."the end of electronic music"? C'mon man you're better than that.

Guest I Am Beyond Human

Actually, better yet, why don't you enlighten us about these complex emotions of which you speak...

It's something hard to define, something deep within me that I feel in the music. I hear a lot of euphoria and intense optimism in some tracks while others have an abstract and thoughtful darkness to them I feel. It also has to do with imagery in your mind that form from your interpretations of the sounds and thinking really hard about those sounds filling the space around you and what they're trying to express.

So in other words it has happy and sad tracks?

To me the whole album is sad because all the "imagery" I get is of Squarepusher looking pathetic with that inverted LED diaper on his forehead. :sad:

So in other words it has happy and sad tracks?

To me the whole album is sad because all the "imagery" I get is of Squarepusher looking pathetic with that inverted LED diaper on his forehead. :sad:

There is complex emotion in his brostep helmet that you don't (or can't) comprehend.

Archived