4. Ocoras (5:24)

5. 128 Harps (4:52)

6. Pyramid (8:27)

7. Peace for Earth (11:23)

8. Pinnacles (8:21)

TEXT018

Produced by Kieran Hebden

Artwork by Jason Evans and Tazelaar Stevenson

I have been releasing a few vinyl only singles over the last year or so and this album called Pink brings together those tracks. It will be released on the 20th August as a digital release on my Text label and there will also be a CD release in Japan through Hostess Entertainment on the 22nd August. Two of the tracks, Lion and Peace For Earth, have not been released on vinyl yet but I plan to make that happen one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D53zGw2bQrY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m0gMqi84WA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ghoFJcLCYA&feature=related

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He could've just released the details about the album tomorrow. Silly hype machine - Next time he'll announce that in a weeks time he will tweet that he'll have information about the album's press release following a month later confirming the details of the album later on.

dats blue not pink

Maybe if you stare at it and close your eyes it's pink, much like R.E.M.'s album Green. Here's the image inverted, hoping it'd be pink but it's this instead...

k12h00.jpg

:shrug:

I have been releasing a few vinyl only singles over the last year or so and this album called Pink brings together those tracks. It will be released on the 20th August as a digital release on my Text label and there will also be a CD release in Japan through Hostess Entertainment on the 22nd August. Two of the tracks, Lion and Peace For Earth, have not been released on vinyl yet but I plan to make that happen one day.

happy to see this is happening, I was beginning to think 4tet was becoming one of those vinly only release elitist snobs. It'll be interesting to see how well it holds together as an album, I've really liked the progressions he's made from each album to the next.

Some of these tracks that have been released so far are really great, like Pinnacles. Others end as soon as they started to get interesting.

I haven't much cared about Four Tet lately... maybe this will change that?

Me too. If I'm honest, I haven't been able to get properly into a Four Tet release since Rounds.

Guest Sprigg

There is Love in You is one of my favourite albums in the last few years, sounds like this one will be awesome as well.

This s good news. I was very happy with 'there is love..' but haven't listened for a while. I had this and 'gold shiner' on rotation for a while.

Hopefully gold panda will release another album soon too.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jenga

Does anyone know if the physical CD edition is up for pre-order yet? Released on Hostess Entertainment I've read, but I haven't found anywhere to actually order. Just press.

I've pretty much loved everything he's done from Pause through There Is Love In You, so I'm looking forward to this one, too.

Archived