IGNORED

Andy Stott - Luxury Problems

Redruth

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Finally listened tonight; don't know why it took so long. Really enjoying it, especially Numb, Hatch The Plan, and Leaving. Definitely would've been one of my favorites of last year.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ron Manager

Up The Box has really grown on me. at first i thought it was dreadfully out of place on here, but i find myself coming back to it quite a lot these days. still don't rate this album as highly as Passed Me By and We Stay Together, but it's damn good.

still don't rate this album as highly as Passed Me By and We Stay Together, but it's damn good.

Agreed, I sense that this is the growing consensus here.

and flol at your av

• 1 month later...

He's amazing live. I booked him to play in Oslo, Norway a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the best electronic live sets I've heard in a long time. And a great guy as well, so double up!

He's amazing live. I booked him to play in Oslo, Norway a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the best electronic live sets I've heard in a long time. And a great guy as well, so double up!

Very cool. He's probably my favorite producer right now. Tell me more. What was the venue like? Was the bass skull jarring? Was it dark? He seems like a nice chap. Did you shake his hand? What words did he say to you? Were you pleased, ecstatic, frightened, that's what I want to know, tell me more, now, all of it, yes!

I actually had tickets for this but missed him because he had finished by the time I got there. I wrongly assumed that he would play until closing time. Mega fail on my part :facepalm:

I actually had tickets for this but missed him because he had finished by the time I got there. I wrongly assumed that he would play until closing time. Mega fail on my part :facepalm:

I dont really get why people show up late for a show, sometimes i discover some great artists opening

Guest Ron Manager

that Moogfest recording is decent, thanks for posting. it sounds like there's about 12 people in the audience at Moogfest, is it a really small thing? never heard of it. i think i prefer the Boiler Room set though.

i saw Andy Stott years ago in Manchester but it was in his earlier days, when he was doing his more straight-up dub techno / house stuff. i think a lot of that stuff gets neglected these days, but it's still really fucking good... tracks like Hostile, Night Jewel, Massacre and Black are monstrous. here's a great set from this era:

[sc5]203742[/sc5]

i posted this on WATMM a long time ago asking if anyone knew the track that comes in around 41.00 to no avail. might as well ask again here - any ideas?

that Moogfest recording is decent, thanks for posting. it sounds like there's about 12 people in the audience at Moogfest, is it a really small thing? never heard of it. i think i prefer the Boiler Room set though.

i saw Andy Stott years ago in Manchester but it was in his earlier days, when he was doing his more straight-up dub techno / house stuff. i think a lot of that stuff gets neglected these days, but it's still really fucking good... tracks like Hostile, Night Jewel, Massacre and Black are monstrous. here's a great set from this era:

[sc5]203742[/sc5]

i posted this on WATMM a long time ago asking if anyone knew the track that comes in around 41.00 to no avail. might as well ask again here - any ideas?

That set is really nice am also a big fan of his early stuff, Merciless is a really good album.. no idea what that track is but Andy Stott is on twitter as @andystottmlove you could contact him and ask him?

Guest Ron Manager

wow, this one completely passed me by ( :emotawesomepm9:). great mix, like his other recent ones, but 100 copies? christ.

That set is really nice am also a big fan of his early stuff, Merciless is a really good album.. no idea what that track is but Andy Stott is on twitter as @andystottmlove you could contact him and ask him?

oh good call, i'm not on twitter but could be worth signing up as i'd really love to know.

and yes, Merciless is a very nice album. i generally prefer the tracks collected on Unknown Exception, which is a good round-up of his pre-2008 material.

for anyone not familiar with it, i heartily recommend 'Black', which AFAIK was only released on the Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz compilation on Planet Mu. for my money, perhaps his best track, but sadly it seems to be rather unknown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJhLoW9_6b8

oh good call, i'm not on twitter but could be worth signing up as i'd really love to know.

I will tweet him and ask for you as thats the nice kinda chap i am, wether or not I get a reply is another thing but worth a go hey!

Guest Ron Manager

oh, cheers, lol i actually just signed up and did it earlier anyway! wonder what he'll make of this flurry of interest in an obscure track he threw in a set from 2008...

Archived