IGNORED

Andy Stott - Faith In Strangers

Perezvon

Guest bitroast

it's a quandary fer sher.

seriously though, the opening track is lovely. I don't care how it was made. in fact it's a prime example of ruining the magic by knowing too much.

not really. more just a good example of how dwelling too much on the how's and why's instead of just listening can ruin the music. it's like, as watmm as you could possibly get, next to disliking a track because the audacity waveforms don't look lush enough.

1. Likes intro track.

2. Reads interviews of andy stott / or forum post revealing that intro track is someone tuning their instrument.

3. Dislikes intro track.

this album kind of reminds me of clark's iradelphic (bare with me here!). i remember reading a watmm post i think referring to iradelphic sounding like a stretched out EP, and man that is so spot on. nice album but bit bare in the long run. this album kind of gives me a similar vibe in that feels like something being stretched out incredibly thin, almost to the point of not really feeling like a full LP. only difference is.. i really enjoy andy stott's sound design even when it is just producing the sound of someone tuning an instrument. he's got this rad ear for detail and even something being stretched thin under the veil of being a full LP ends up being a sweet and pleasurable listen. plus, the solid tracks are fucking super solid 10/10.

so yeah, i can see how people miiight be disappointed with this album. does seem a bit bare. but i still love it. and there's something particularly rock solid about the pacing that makes it feel like a great album anyway. i dunno. this post has gone full circle hasn't it.

great album, imo :)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seriously though, the opening track is lovely. I don't care how it was made. in fact it's a prime example of ruining the magic by knowing too much.

not really. more just a good example of how dwelling too much on the how's and why's instead of just listening can ruin the music. it's like, as watmm as you could possibly get, next to disliking a track because the audacity waveforms don't look lush enough.

1. Likes intro track.

2. Reads interviews of andy stott / or forum post revealing that intro track is someone tuning their instrument.

3. Dislikes intro track.

this is what I mean.

1. Likes intro track.

3. Dislikes intro track.

this is what I mean.

nah, more just another case of over-hyped brutaly mediocre electronic music. who gives a flying fuck how stupid shit like this is made lol

back flips into a high five with d lo

• 3 months later...

^Agreed.

You think I can find this album in physical format in Australia? I been listening to it on YouTube, FFS. (I don't buy music from itunes). Back to searching.

never got around to getting this one.

for me, its a 6 perhaps 7/10, one before 7-8/10, the 'two' before are 8 or 9/10s and 2-3 of his eps befores are 9/10s, demons, ceramics etc

he'll bring the goods once more, he's a very good producer and a top bloke.

i'm going on over to the new DDS label release thread now to see what s*** they've bestowed upon us.

Archived