IGNORED

Andy Stott - Luxury Problems

Redruth

For new album I am excite. Set is awesome.

Sweet, downloading his set now

That boilrm yt (probably by design) is cockblocking my ff downloadhelper plugin like a mofo. If anyone is versed in the ways of circumnavigating this quandary of the internets, Please Mention it!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Not from me. I won't start wheeping and moaning about that. If it sounds good? Then that's all that matters. Bring it on.

Indeed. I really wanted to hear it on first announcement... now I really want to hear it. Oh, and the CD is going to be in one those gorgeous oversized digifile cases by the sounds of it. :)

Luxury Problems eight tracks feature live vocals from Alison Skidmore, the first time Stott has incorporated specially recorded vocal material into his work (Skidmore, interestingly enough, was Stott’s childhood piano teacher).

:pedobear:

If Stott would mangle some small vocal snippets - I would like that. But it sounds more, like there will be clean singing over a majority of the tracks. Not so sure if I will like that. Back to old Modern Love days?

Back to old Modern Love days?

It's amusing how people judge on an album that isn't released yet, not even the smallest snippets are available.

Maybe we all wait until a proper preview is popping up and then we can discuss about the vocals.

Back to old Modern Love days?

It's amusing how people judge on an album that isn't released yet, not even the smallest snippets are available.

Maybe we all wait until a proper preview is popping up and then we can discuss about the vocals.

why bother using a forum like WATMM if you don't want to speculate :cerious:

Luxury Problems eight tracks feature live vocals from Alison Skidmore, the first time Stott has incorporated specially recorded vocal material into his work (Skidmore, interestingly enough, was Stott’s childhood piano teacher).

:pedobear:

awesome

Guest Ron Manager

dont get the "back to old modern love days" bit, older modern love stuff didnt really have any vocals either.

that and his earlier work was fucking awesome too.

I generally don't mind vocals, although I'd kill for an instrumental version of his mix of Hundred in the Hands' Keep It Low...

Really hope this album is on its way soon.

Right Ron Manager, the Hundred in the hands remix deserves an proper instrumental version !!

I really don't like the contrast between the vocals and the sounds... For me it doesn't match, IMMO...

I don't want to be a hater before hearing anything of his new LP, I'm glad he still tries new directions after the impact of his lasts 2 EP's.

One year after, i'm still hypnotized by "Cracked" and "Posers", 2 low and evil techno gems.

If Stott would mangle some small vocal snippets - I would like that.

ah the old chipmunks trick... no thanks. i'm convinced thats how hipsters sound when they sing.

Andy Stott will NOT be going there, he's not a new kid.

There are other vocal tricks used in dance music, you know. I'm pretty sure what tokn is getting at is the technique popularized by The Field wherein a vocal snippet is cut short enough that you can tell it's a voice but you have no idea what it's saying.

But even if that's not the style of vocals that's on this upcoming album, I'm sure the music will be excellent either way.

Theoretical sound of unheard album continues to inspire and offend. This and more on WATMM news at eleven, your source for wild speculation in the world of electronic music.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived