IGNORED

Andy Stott - Luxury Problems

Redruth

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah will be 1 of my favs for the year as well me thinks.

Listened to it loads the last few days and is proper good, might even prefer it to his e.p's from last year, is more varied and works really well as an album. Top Stuff

This release is MONOLITHIC!

You would say that, wouldn't you?

Honestly a little disappointed he didn't register in 2001, now that you mention it. :emb:

sounds like a boiling kettle on the end of Hatch The Plan

Title track Luxury Problems is smart. All great, fine album and how its done proper, new and fresh with no acting the bollicks here.

that Fact mag review is way off track.

flying lotus, daphni, whats all that crap about? messy sounding albums with no control, just heaps

of shit fired at it that never sticks.

This release is MONOLITHIC!

You would say that, wouldn't you?

Honestly a little disappointed he didn't register in 2001, now that you mention it. :emb:

Post of the week, right here!

Awkward is the right word. But somehow the awkwardness seems to hit the right spots most of the time. Interesting.

I may have to relisten during nighttime however. So far this guy's music has only worked for me at night, which I appreciate.

not entirely sure what to make of this, really. i think the individual tracks are weaker than most of passed me by/we stay together (with a few exceptions), but it might work better as an album than either of those did. more than the sum of its parts maybe. it's nice to listen to though, so guess i'll keep at it and see where it goes.

We Stay Together is probably the most important work that has come out in years. I feel like he is straying from the path a little with Luxury Problems. I'm not saying I won't warm up to it, but when I listen to the subterranean brilliance of the title track of WST, I can't help but feel a little sad upon first listens to LP.

I just found out about this, too. Terrible/Amazing surprise. Serves me right though. When I first read the press about WST, I didn't even listen to a preview, and I let it pass me by... I got up on it this past January though.

Album of the year for me

Ha, the two albums I'm most excited about right now are this and Lonely at the Top, and you have an almost identical comment on both. Good job.

Hatch the Plan reminds me so much of playing limbo in a dark house.

Guest Ron Manager

when I listen to the subterranean brilliance of the title track of WST, I can't help but feel a little sad upon first listens to LP.

I understand this. Luxury Problems isn't quite as submerged as the 2 EPs, but nevertheless I'm still enjoying the hell out of it.

Archived