IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Went back to Diablo 3 for the first time in a while last night playing with my gf on the new laptop... I've realized the game really did get unfairly flamed in the first couple months. Sure it's no Diablo 2, but it's not a bad game and the recent patches have fixed many of the balance issues and other flaws (crafting, drops, etc). It seems everyone forgot it took them til about patch 1.07 to get Diablo II all smooth as well.

Edited by ghOsty

Well after beating 'sassin's creed 3, I'm playing Skyrim for the first time. Lots of fun frustration such as after killing a dragon people still doubt my dragon-speak abilities...I foosh the area not hitting anyone...they just get mad that i'm making a ruckus and still doubt me. I guess what I did was brushed off.

Well after beating 'sassin's creed 3, I'm playing Skyrim for the first time. Lots of fun frustration such as after killing a dragon people still doubt my dragon-speak abilities...I foosh the area not hitting anyone...they just get mad that i'm making a ruckus and still doubt me. I guess what I did was brushed off.

FUCK Proventus Avenicci

finished tomb raider. more of an action adventure. learns a lot from uncharted, then just turns it up to 11, which makes it just over-the-top. thinking that writers or designers imagine they're making a 2 hour film, not a much longer game. the relentlessness of the collapsing environments and splattering baddies makes it's pacing absurd. still, best of the franchise since 2, so happy from that respect. still, prefer tombs, raiding thereof.

FUCK Proventus Avenicci

So far I haven't had the need to say "Fuck you Proventus" except the house is 5000 bucks and at 1000 finally. Although, when trying to find him, I did ask my brother, "who do I talk to to buy a house." He responded with, "look for a gay looking guy in the castle." I guess my brother has something against Proventus too :)

FUCK Proventus Avenicci

So far I haven't had the need to say "Fuck you Proventus" except the house is 5000 bucks and at 1000 finally. Although, when trying to find him, I did ask my brother, "who do I talk to to buy a house." He responded with, "look for a gay looking guy in the castle." I guess my brother has something against Proventus too :)

I mostly resent him for doubting my obviously awesome dragon powers

FUCK Proventus Avenicci

I mostly resent him for doubting my obviously awesome dragon powers

Yeah I got that from him and some other people in a group outside just after I killed the first dragon, along with one of the guards in Dragonsreach..

Just started Dark Souls recently. Obsessed. Frustrated. Love it. Although, the amount of anger that I build up has to be exaggerated...there's no way I can get THAT pissed over a game...right?

Just finished: Zelda for NES for the first time. -awesome

how did people beat this game back in the days without save state!? Krazy!

And Zelda OOT 3D -awesome

Now playing:

Pullblocks for 3DS -cool but not awesome

Resident Evil Revelations -meh

Beat The Beat Rhythm Paradise - relly good

Metroid Other M -just started this but it seems terrible

Anyone here tried the new Sim City? Thinking about buying it, but keep reading poor reviews

I think people were just pissy about the launch of the game. But I have heard some pretty gnarly stuff about the gameplay - such as the areas you can build your cities on are waaaayyyy too small. But even with the fairly small maps the game will eat your computer up, so I don't dare to think to about what a big big big size map would do to your computer.

Just started Sleeping Dogs. All it seems to be is a bit of driving and fighting. Is that it??

Yup..

The story does pick up near the end, but to be quite honest, I really don't get the hype for that game. Everything about it is just "okay".

Far Cry 3, good stuff.

It's fantastic!

....apart from the ending, though.

Agreed. Loads of fun to play. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

I haven't been playing games much lately. Except I started a game in the first Mass Effect for PS3. I haven't really been motivated to play anything really. Not sure why...

I still have to go and get the platinum for Ni no Kuni. I'll do that sometime soon I'm sure.

Guest Frankie5fingers

just got SC2:HotS and have playing for a couple hours. awesome so far and the story right from the start is great.

Guest apeterlives

This is one of my all time favorite sim city videos:

I was hoping to try to do something like this in the new one, but I guess will have to wait for an expansion or hack

Guest Iain C

Mid 80s I believe (86/87 maybe) - I dunno I feel that summoning a helper is a bit cheaty ...

Definitely high enough for O&S. I think a SL in the 60s is more typical for that stage in the game.

Tips: dodge a lot. Only concentrate on one at a time, because after one dies the other heals (and buffs). Use the pillars to help dodge, avoid and escape from them. Be patient.

And it's not really cheating to summon help if you're stuck.

Oh, and I usually find the thin one easier to take out first. A lot of people say the opposite, though. See what works for you.

I was stuck on them for a couple of days in my first play through. But it does get a lot easier with experience.

Edited by Iain C

I thought Sleeping Dogs was pleasantly fun. If you were heavily into heroic blodshed films in the 90s like me I guess that helps. a lot. I did get a shenmue light vibe from it in the end (mostly down to the colourfull Hong Kong setting I guess), and that's all I'm asking for in a game these days. Nothing amazing in the game, but everything works well. I guess I have a soft spot for just pooping about on a scooter and seeing the sights, could be because I play my games on a 86"' screen. Dunno. It's a solid game guys. :shrug:

Edited by Gocab