IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I've just started MGS3 myself on the HD collection. Seems like a good game but as usual with MGS it just talks you to death.

Guest Shit Attack

yeah i actually started playing it maybe about a year ago and got put off by all the talking at the start but once you get past the intro bit they tone it down and mostly let you get on with it. also am playing it on PC and some of the graphics dont show up right in the jungle sometimes

playing metal gear 3 snake eater . bit stuck at the old sniper guy . everytime i follow his footsteps i end up walking right into him and he pops me in the chops with a sniper dart. heard if you leave it for a week he just dies anyways but still want to beat him. Also having to do all the medical shit gets on my nerves even tho its a cool idea. good game tho 7.9/10

stay behind cover and look around for the glare of his scope... when you see it you have a short window to shoot him before he shoots you.... also one of the scanners (i forget which one) really helps you find him

Completed the entire Mass Effect trilogy... again. Every single mission, assignment and all DLCs. I'll need a long break from the trilogy after this, but even after all these playthroughs they're still my favorite games of all time. Everything about them is perfect for me.

Completed the entire Mass Effect trilogy... again. Every single mission, assignment and all DLCs. I'll need a long break from the trilogy after this, but even after all these playthroughs they're still my favorite games of all time. Everything about them is perfect for me.

tastes are strange, im 17 hours into mass effect 2 and so bored by the combat i cant even be arsed playing it any more.

just started farcry3 and it looks boss though.

I don't really play the games for the combat, hence why I always play on casual. The enemies die from one shot during cutscenes, so why should it take longer during gameplay? The games are all about atmosphere and the characters.

mass effect series bores me and i never even played it, too much fantasy space crap, just like knights of the old republic, which i never touched.

Guest Frankie5fingers

I don't really play the games for the combat, hence why I always play on casual. The enemies die from one shot during cutscenes, so why should it take longer during gameplay? The games are all about atmosphere and the characters.

i gotta agree. i mean, i like the combat but really its not what makes Mass Effect such an amazing series.

Technically Im "playing" Borderlands GOTY edition, but in reality I'm waiting 4+ hours for all the DLC content to download.

Seriously, I thought the whole point of buying a GOTY version of a game was to have the DLC direct on the disc? Why is this so hard to do ?

Guest Pennywise

Im gonna go ahead and predict that you find it boring and repetitive after a while.

Edited by Pennywise

maybe. but people were sayin that shit to me about Dark Souls, Fallout, and Skyrim and I plenty enjoyed those lads.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is my latest gaming sensation. It's all pure awesomeness, and I actually enjoy it more than the main Far Cry 3 game. The 1980s style retro-futurism along with its deliberate cheesiness is perfect. And it's pissing me off that no one else is expressing how awesome it is in the Blood Dragon thread, yet expressed fascination by it prior to it being released two days ago.

WTF, guyz

interesting read about PS4 vs Xbox 720 differences. If they both lack backwards compatibility, I'm not sure how interested I'll be in either, shit my Xbox already does everything.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/05/03/the-key-split-between-sonys-ps4-and-microsofts-next-xbox-is-starting-to-emerge/?partner=yahootix

Guest Shit Attack

playing metal gear 3 snake eater . bit stuck at the old sniper guy . everytime i follow his footsteps i end up walking right into him and he pops me in the chops with a sniper dart. heard if you leave it for a week he just dies anyways but still want to beat him. Also having to do all the medical shit gets on my nerves even tho its a cool idea. good game tho 7.9/10

stay behind cover and look around for the glare of his scope... when you see it you have a short window to shoot him before he shoots you.... also one of the scanners (i forget which one) really helps you find him

yeah ended up killing him pretty easy actually using the directional mic to hear him breathing then sneaked up and popped him a few times, then followed his prints when he ran away. he shows up on the map sometimes too. was a pretty cool fight tho

Guest Frankie5fingers

interesting read about PS4 vs Xbox 720 differences. If they both lack backwards compatibility, I'm not sure how interested I'll be in either, shit my Xbox already does everything.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/05/03/the-key-split-between-sonys-ps4-and-microsofts-next-xbox-is-starting-to-emerge/?partner=yahootix

pretty cool read. i think they are right to be "splitting" like they are. have one be the gaming system and the other be more of a media hub. itll be interesting how everything will turn out.

but yeah, backwards comp. is pretty important. it still pisses me off that i have to hook up my ps2 to play one game then hook up my ps3 to play a different one.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is my latest gaming sensation. It's all pure awesomeness, and I actually enjoy it more than the main Far Cry 3 game. The 1980s style retro-futurism along with its deliberate cheesiness is perfect. And it's pissing me off that no one else is expressing how awesome it is in the Blood Dragon thread, yet expressed fascination by it prior to it being released two days ago.

WTF, guyz

Haven't really started it. Main start screen music is rad, though.

WTF, guyz

Haven't really started it. Main start screen music is rad, though.

The in-game music is totally bodacious too, along with many other aspects.

Been taking a break from Fallout 3 and playing Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes for the PC. It's an expansion for a Master of Magic clone set in a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting and everything in the world is trying to actively kill you. The graphics are a bit weird at first (everything looks like stained-glass cathedral windows) but they started to grow on me. I played vanilla Fallen Enchantress and the first game, War of Magic, and was let down tremendously by both of them for being bug-ridden bland messes. The new expansions plays like a roguelike for the first half of the game and a Civilization IV game towards the end of it. It's worth a look if you're into 4x turn-based strategy games and you don't need to worry about the plot for the first games, since everything from the first game is summarized into one paragraph in the manual's storyline and there is absolutely no reason to play the campaigns. Just make sure to avoid Elemental: War of Magic and vanilla Fallen Enchantress, since both of those were pretty buggy and lackluster.

3 hours into farcry, absolute beast. as long as it doesnt disintegrate, beats skyrim and fallout for me so far. maybe its too early to tell.