IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Friend gave me Bioshock Infinite for today... this game needs to be played on a projection, it's not nearly as impressive on my tv (which isn't all that small, but SD)

I must say I'm not enjoying the combat one bit. I wish it was more stealthy sneaky... I don't like first person combat at all.

It also feels a bit outdated, mechanics wise. I wish they had invented something as innovative for the gameplay as they did for the rest of the world they created.

PS: Does it remind anyone else of the sky castle level from Super Mario 64?

Guest Enter a new display name

Super Metroid launched on Wii U Virtual Console for $0.30 today. deal of the day

My favourite game of all time that is

I thought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was your favorite game!

Super Metroid launched on Wii U Virtual Console for $0.30 today. deal of the day

I'm trying to see if I posted otherwise but it looks like I said it was one of my favourites. It's pretty much level pegging though, but Super Metroid possibly (possibly) pips it to the post with the fact that I doubt SOTN would've existed without the Metroid franchaise

Also the voice 'acting' and music of SOTN lets it down a little, with SM killing it with tracks like -

Guest Enter a new display name

I'm trying to see if I posted otherwise but it looks like I said it was one of my favourites. It's pretty much level pegging though, but Super Metroid possibly (possibly) pips it to the post with the fact that I doubt SOTN would've existed without the Metroid franchaise

Also the voice 'acting' and music of SOTN lets it down a little, with SM killing it with tracks like -

What are you talking about?

GTA IV online free roam is the best thing ever. I just jumped out a helicopter and landed on some homeless dude sleeping on a park bench. We both died.

Wait, when did online free roam happen?

The day of release

Oh, I must have thought it sucked then. I've always envisioned a multiplayer GTA as being the most amazing GTA experience one could have. Unfortunately, GTA IV didn't quite hit the mark with what could be possible.

this looks pretty awesome

[youtubehd]_QP5X6fcukM[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]sV-6YSye2Vo[/youtubehd]

This game looks awesome.

Guest Shit Attack

metal gear : peace walker : was a pain in the ass to get this working on the pc. glad it worked tho this game is great maybe snakes best adventure yet (not played 4) - snaaaaaaaaake /10

metal gear : peace walker : was a pain in the ass to get this working on the pc. glad it worked tho this game is great maybe snakes best adventure yet (not played 4) - snaaaaaaaaake /10

For some strange reason I haven't played Peace Walker yet. I own it on PSP and in the MGS: HD Collection. What the hell is wrong with me? I love the MGS series.

After uninstalling and reinstalling about 5 times, then downloading and installing the latest patch (v2.4) and creating a "user.cfg" in the game directory and adding a special line at the bottom, I was finally able to reduce the weapon degradation rate to a reasonable level for System Shock 2. The default rate makes projectile weapons feel like they're made of cheap plastic as you can't even expend a whole mag for most guns before they wear down a level. However, disabling degradation altogether renders the in-game Maintenance skill useless. A rate of 0.25 seems ideal.

still playing Borderlands...fuck those spiderants goddamn i hate them.

Yeah they're pretty well fortified except for the back part of the body. They're hard to hit from the back, too.

Edited by ambermonk

Guest Shit Attack

For some strange reason I haven't played Peace Walker yet. I own it on PSP and in the MGS: HD Collection. What the hell is wrong with me? I love the MGS series.

yeah these games are great, should definetly play it. only thing i dont like about this one is they made some shit where you got to assign the members of snakes army to different roles to make better guns n shit for you, but you can just do it automatically. also the buttons are a bit fucked up from being a hand held game

So I returned Infinite Bioshocks to the video-store (yes my friend still uses these!) last night, after playing a little bit further. I'm now about 5-6 hours into the game (which by normal standards would mean about half done, but I only just picked up Elizabeth really) - While I don't really get any satisfaction out of the combat, I must say the pacing is well done, especially since Elizabeth was introduced. It makes things a lot more interesting to have the main characters have constant conversations pretty much. It's more my kind of thing than the silent protagonist shooting stuff kind of thing. So I can tolerate the other aspect better at this point.

Riding the skylines is fun too, but again, that just has to be experienced on a big screen.

I think I'll still get the game eventually, but I'll get it for the art style and story rather than the gameplay (which is totally textbook, but not so much my kind of thing) - same as the older Bioshocks.

Do phone games count? I'm playing Candy Crush right now. Super addictive and a complete waste of my time. :emotawesomepm9:

my girlfriend is playing this and it is affecting our relationship negatively.

Do phone games count? I'm playing Candy Crush right now. Super addictive and a complete waste of my time. :emotawesomepm9:

My gf got me started on this recently as well, it is strangely addictive especially for how frustrating it can be... I'm stuck at level 38 right now, and as far as I'm concerned this level is total bullshit, yet I keep playing knowing people have gotten past it.

Guest philia

i play lots of video games

recently finished playing through dargon's dogma: dark arisen.

replaying baldur's gate with the baldur's gate trilogy mod installed. rolled an evil party for the first time