IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

uuuuuuugh. i just realized that lozbow is going to have actual voice acting instead of just gibberish (watched the english language upload). 

gross. please come with sub/dub selection

Damn. That trailer is epic. I may have to get the Switch just to play this.

i think the price is right for the initial console. there's probably a good bit of tech in those little controllers and all it's different configurations. i wanna know if there's any difference in framerate between docked/portable and what the performance is like for zelda

The dock overclocks the processing, so I'd guess it might studder sometimes in portable 720p mode.

i think the price is right for the initial console. there's probably a good bit of tech in those little controllers and all it's different configurations. i wanna know if there's any difference in framerate between docked/portable and what the performance is like for zelda

Not in framerate, but in resolution - 720p undocked, 1080 (900 actual) docked.

Switch accessory prices though:

Extra dock (for the bedroom, etc.): 90.00 USD (!)

Pro Controller: 70.00 USD (c'maaaan, this isn't an XBONE Elite Nintendo)

Joy-Con Controllers: 50.00 USD EACH, or two for 80.00 USD (a bargain)

I mean, that's just silly. Honestly, the games look no better than Wii U games, and I think the hardware should have been 250-280 USD max.

Online will be free until Fall 2017 - after that, it's a paid service like PSN and XBONE GOLD (you do get 1 free NES and one free SNES game per month though)

But, it's sold out everywhere, so Nintendo is doing something right!

Add that there will only be 4 launch titles, and most of the notable games aren't coming until later in the year - I think they HAD to get Zelda out otherwise the launch potentially would be a failure.

It will be interesting to see if they delay the Wii U Zelda past 3 March as not to cannibalize Switch sales...

They need to get a Pokemon and Animal Crossing game out for Switch ASAP

Add that there will only be 4 launch titles, and most of the notable games aren't coming until later in the year - I think they HAD to get Zelda out otherwise the launch potentially would be a failure.

It will be interesting to see if they delay the Wii U Zelda past 3 March as not to cannibalize Switch sales...

BOTW Wii U is confirmed for March 3 as well:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/13/14261222/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-release-date-wii-u

Here's what an actual Switch cart looks like, the launch lineup is pretty paltry, only 5 retail games available. Zelda and 1, 2 Switch only first party games on 3/3. Virtual Console info coming soon, and a Fire Emblem Direct on Jan. 18

428C01BC-F242-47FD-B40D-1AB71D0CAB38_zps

wonder what the size is of a big game like zeld0r because dl titles seem like they will fill that 32gb up lickity-split. what's the biggest size sd card there is these days?

wonder what the size is of a big game like zeld0r because dl titles seem like they will fill that 32gb up lickity-split. what's the biggest size sd card there is these days?

BOTW only clocks in at 13gb. the Treehouse Live stream showed them putting a 256gb EVO SD card in the handheld.

BOTW Wii U is confirmed for March 3 as well:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/13/14261222/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-release-date-wii-u

Well, that's just fucking stupid, but I guess they have no choice. You can buy a Wii U bundle (that comes with 2 games) PLUS Zelda for less than the Switch + Zelda.

Maybe Wii U sales will increase? LOL

BOTW only clocks in at 13gb. the Treehouse Live stream showed them putting a 256gb EVO SD card in the handheld.

That's still almost half the system memory - and the OS plus formatting will eat up some of that, so likely system memory is around 27-29 GB, like the Wii U. Good thing is you can increase that with standard SD cards.

Been playing Wipeout Fury PS3 as I was interested in the 1080p output from the older playstation. Looks sweet. The gameplay, atmosphere and presentation reeks of Britain in the 1990s. Still not as good as F-Zero X for speed.