IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

online has never been great on Nintendo consoles admittedly (Wii U was fine but barr-bones). the phone app for voice chat thing is a bit weird but it depends how it integrates. it could work quite well if it has text-chat and other options which is possible with a smart phone and would be something PlayStation and Xbox can't offer on their systems unless they go a similar route which i doubt.

because they're going to charge for online they might focus more on online. then again maybe not but we don't know shit about the online system. it's too early to say.

how have 3rd parties given up on it (yet lol)? look at this line up of games coming out and being developed for it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games

obviously this might change if the console sells poorly but i really can't see it doing as badly as the Wii U which was poorly branded and marketed.

side note to dis convo: why do people get so angry about games consoles they don't want to buy? iPhone owners don't sperg out about Android devices existing and hip hop fans don't spend all their time talking shit about metal. video gamers are fuckin dumb.

Edited by QQQ

side note to dis convo: why do people get so angry about games consoles they don't want to buy? iPhone owners don't sperg out about Android devices existing

clearly you've not read many tech sites

online has never been great on a Nintendo consoles admittedly. the phone app for voice chat thing is a bit weird but it depends how it integrates i guess. it could work quite well if it has text-chat and other options which is possible with a smart phone and would be something PlayStation and Xbox can't offer on their systems unless they go a similar route which i doubt.

because they're going to charge for online they might focus more on online. then again maybe not but we don't know shit about the online system so it's too early to say.

Both PS and Xbox have an app for that stuff, except the voice chat is handled through the console... where you play the games. It's fine if they want to charge for online but everything they've revealed so far is worse than what their competitors have been offering for over a decade (and compared to PC that's not even that good of a deal in the first place). AND PSN is pretty terrible to begin with. They won't even comment on whether or not prior online purchases on the Wii and Wii U carry over to this thing and it's two months away. They're clueless lol

how have 3rd parties given up on it btw? look at this line up of games coming out and being developed for it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games

obviously this might change if the console sells poorly but i really can't see it doing as badly as the Wii U which was poorly branded and marketed.

They've been promising good third party support with every new console and it's failed every single time.

side note to dis convo: why do people get so angry about games consoles they don't want to buy? iPhone owners don't sperg out about Android devices existing and hip hop fans don't spend all their time talking shit about metal. video gamers are fuckin dumb.

I'm not angry I just think it's funny. This thread would be really boring if it was just an echo chamber for Nintendo news.

Edited by Friendly Foil

been playin a lot of elite dangerous-the horizons add on makes a huge difference,pretty trippy lookin up into space all alone on a moon surface

hitman(2016)-this game is so funny,the npc chat is great,and the emergent situations can be hilarious,great replayability too

dishonored 2-what assassins creed should be,amazing game,perfect blend of stealth/platforming and combat

all on pc,fuck last -gen apple wannabees

I think just like all Wii U titles in production from 2nd and 3rd parties have moved to Switch, there were a ton of studios especially in Japan making 3DS titles, they're not just gonna abandon Nintendo, if they want to make dedicated mobile games not for smart devices, Nintendo is the only man left standing. Some will upgrade their assets for HD development, some will move to mobile app stores, but that market is severely saturated and sometimes unprofitable.

do the Xbox and PS apps do text chat and stuff? i didn't know that. that's cool. i prefer the days of text-chatting on PC games over the current state of voice chat (which nobody uses anymore, though it was fun in the early XB360/PS3 days).

3rd parties will only follow the sales, so i agree they might drop out like they have had for the Wii U, but as it stands today support is looking decent. have a look at all the different people developing on that wiki page. look at the 3ds which has a healthy 3rd party support and shows its down to console sales, not down to ninty themselves.

i wasn't referring to you directly with that last comment, i was just talking in general.

anyways i been bangin' trough twilight princess on wiiu (never beat it before) in preparation of svitch. also picked up cod double discount pack (inf/mod war). for ~$40 so occasionally breaking to shoot some people

tekken 7 release date will be announced sometime next week although i'm fearing they're purposefully removing the "early 2017" from a couple of their promo sites and simply have it up as "2017" which may push it past q1 which would suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

do the Xbox and PS apps do text chat and stuff? i didn't know that. that's cool. i prefer the days of text-chatting on PC games over the current state of voice chat (which nobody uses anymore, though it was fun in the early XB360/PS3 days).

3rd parties will only follow the sales, so i agree they might drop out like they have had for the Wii U, but as it stands today support is looking decent. have a look at all the different people developing on that wiki page. look at the 3ds which has a healthy 3rd party support and shows its down to console sales, not down to ninty themselves.

i wasn't referring to you directly with that last comment, i was just talking in general.

PS4 made me download a separate text app for my iPad, it does pretty much the exact same thing as the PSN app, which is mostly useless, lol

QQQ:

Oh I thought you meant instant messaging and stuff. Don't know any games that have text chat except Rocket League, but for that you can use your phone's keyboard, ye. I guess text chat is cool but it doesn't really work on a console where you're holding a controller instead of using a keyboard.

It's not that I want to see Nintendo fail (maybe a little bit... but not really... maybe) but there's just something really funny about a video game company making so many baffling decisions. All the time. Good on them if they manage to turn things around with the Switch but it's looking baaaaaaaad at the moment. 

Edited by Friendly Foil

i mean honestly i think if you're looking at switch for anything other than first party titles you're deluding yourself. as a first party console it looks good to me but i expect nothing from the online service or 3rd party support. would love to be wrong but won't be disappointed when i'm right. 

You can have up to 8 user accounts on Switch, sign in and out with a button press, and it sounds like they can be for different region eShops, I'm not sure if you need to have a credit card with a billing address in that country, but theoretically you could have a NA , EU, and Japanese account which would up your selection of available digital titles, or pick up that weird game you see when on vacation.

the Senran Kagura developer is doing a game, and he's talking about simulating "softness" with the HD Rumble, so yeah probly a game with virtual titty shaking, lol

My thoughts on the Switch:

Nintendo is repeating the mistakes they made with the Wii U all over again:

• anemic launch lineup
  • promised but likely poor third-party support
  • overpriced accessories
  • weak online (no virtual console to speak of for launch AFAIK)
  • no standard multimedia features (YouTube, Netflix, etc.)

To their credit, at least they went with USB-C as a standard connector - another proprietary connector would have been another repeated mistake.

The biggest thing I see against the Switch is it's flagship game, Zelda, not even running in native 1080P/60 - that's quickly becoming the bare minimum these days for console gaming, and even the Wii U could achieve it (although Zelda on Wii U is only 720p/30; can't really see why/how this game pushes the Wii U (or the Switch) that hard; it honestly looks like a Wii U or PS3 game in terms of detail and quality).

Nintendo is probably going to limit availability (either due to manufacturing deficits or to create demand), which will just frustrate gamers and parents alike, again hurting the console's chance of success.

In a way, I hope the Switch fails just to finally prove to Nintendo they can't handle modern consoles, and should focus their efforts on software, which when it comes to their games they are very good at, and always have been. They could probably do Zelda on PS4/XBONE at 1080P/60 easily, and probably improve the visuals beyond what they currently are.

Nintendo just doing software would be great, since they still could be uniquely Nintendo while doing it, but maximize their audience, which is good for their fan base and their bottom line. Let the first parties handle online, or subcontract out like they've done successfully in the past (Namco Bandai did the online for both Smash and Pokken Tournament).

I dream of a day I can earn a Platinum trophy in Animal Crossing World on PS4.

Guest bitroast

Is it just me or are WATMM gamers stuck in an abusive relationship with Nintendo

more or less. but at least people are aware its garbage. 

need the nintendo to play the nintendo.

One more round of an unsuccessful console and Nintendo will be forced to start selling its software via other means. If you all band together, you can do this. You'll be able to play the new Zelda on a PS4 one day, if you all just choose not to support their ridiculous consoles. I believe in you, Nintendo fans. Make this the day you put your foot down and cancel your preorder. You hold the keys to the future.

I really don't understand all the hate Nintendo is getting in this thread.
I'd rather buy an "overpriced" Switch with very few good games than a PS4 which would basically be (to me) the same experience I could get from playing expansive AAA games with a controller on a computer.

Anyway, don't feed the trolls etc

One more round of an unsuccessful console and Nintendo will be forced to start selling its software via other means. If you all band together, you can do this. You'll be able to play the new Zelda on a PS4 one day, if you all just choose not to support their ridiculous consoles. I believe in you, Nintendo fans. Make this the day you put your foot down and cancel your preorder. You hold the keys to the future.

This, Nintendo has been rubbish for ages. 

dunno if nintendo is rubbish, but the cemu wii u emulator is showing nice progress ( http://cemu.info/ ). Possibly running games in 4k, still glitchy atm though, but perhaps when the new zelda comes out you can have your wii u version out perform the switch version :emotawesomepm9:   

Here's a pretty comprehensive list of all announced Switch games in development, with only a few rumored games missing:

Super Smash Bros. Deluxe
Pikmin 4

Mother 3

Monochrono

The Next Penelope

Hyper Light Drifter

F00882E5-5C2B-451A-A96E-00D2D8464FCB_zps

The only game there of moderate excitement to me is the No More Heroes title. Can't exactly say I'm excited at the thought of buying a console for one game.

Thing is, I don't really want a PS4 either. Why not just make the Nintendo shop stretch onto the ole interweb and let me play it on my PC? I'll gladly buy it for the PC if they did!