IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Finally finished bioshock infinite, I was stuck at the comstock deck level for far too long with the wrong upgraded vigors. Dunno what the ending was all about, but a fun shooter for sure.

Also finished Telltale's walking dead and will be definitely replaying this one, trying out different choices, going through it with a different crew. It has been a while since a game's story, choices you can make, has been able to affect me, made me care about moving pixels :) .

Now on to play Catherine, I like how the story plays into my onlooking girlfriend anxiety's about marriage and forbidden fruit temptation. Pretty mature subjects for a puzzle game.

Hearts of Iron 3

A while ago, someone from watmm recommended me this game. I want to thank this fella. This game is awesome.

I'm playing as Germany before the WW2. After I invaded Poland, I moved my armies to the area of Frankfurt - Karlsruhe. They arrived right when France and UK declared war on me. France attacked through the Maginot Line. Immediately I moved my armies to meet them, mounted some faint attacks on the fortified areas of the Maginot Line, but my main effort was the drive through a less defended narrow corridor between the Swiss border and Mulhouse, eventually stopping at the border with Luxemburg, near Metz. I've managed to encircle five French armies and destroy them peace-meal. Good thing is that Italy was aligned with Axis and simultaneously attacked through Torino to Marseille, and that Belgium and Netherlands are still neutral. UK is giving me a headache with destroying my supply convoys though. Quite a bugger. As soon as I finish France I'll go for the Belgium and Netherlands and the UK. Unless USA and Sovets join in. Then I'm pretty much screwed.

it may have been me man, im a gigantic paradox interactive fanboy (though Iain is the local expert on Crusader Kings II)

glad you are enjoying the third one....I have HoI2...need to go ahead and buy 3 whenever i have the chance...did you get all of the add-ons?

HOI is indeed an interesting game concept. I checked out earlier versions, but they really added some realism and complexity (as well as some fixed mechanics) with SemperFi and Their Finest Hour. Semper Fi is what I'm currently playing. TFH is the latest one, I believe. You should really go ahead and try those if you're a veteran. They have an amazing replay value.

Also it's a bad thing, because I do less work now YOLOLO

Finally finished bioshock infinite, I was stuck at the comstock deck level for far too long with the wrong upgraded vigors. Dunno what the ending was all about, but a fun shooter for sure.

Also finished Telltale's walking dead and will be definitely replaying this one, trying out different choices, going through it with a different crew. It has been a while since a game's story, choices you can make, has been able to affect me, made me care about moving pixels :) .

Now on to play Catherine, I like how the story plays into my onlooking girlfriend anxiety's about marriage and forbidden fruit temptation. Pretty mature subjects for a puzzle game.

The ending is what ties up the the whole game. Once you realize what is going on it should make you gasp. The whole time you are left pretty much clueless and careless to all the things that are happening to you / small details and then 30 minutes till the end it is all explained.

Also anyone looking for a FUN free to play competitive game look no more, sign up for League of Legends.

The matches can be 20-60 minutes long, but the game is really fun. Its pretty much the only thing I've been playing with my friends this summer.

I played State of Decay for a little while yesterday. I will say it definitely could have more depth. It is still pretty fun for a 20 dollar game. I'm hoping that it lasts a while longer though as well. It is a little repetitious as far as the missions are concerned. I enjoy it, but it could be a really good game if some more development dollars were thrown their way. Probably a 7-10 right now. It needs Co-op as well. I lost Maya within moments of switching to her, because a feral zombie was outside my base and ripped her in two(literally).

That looks p cool Adieu, thanks.

Also for Xbox Live users who don't like spending money, Fable 3 and The Walking Dead are both free on XBL right now for some reason. They're not being promoted on the marketplace or anything, so probably a glitch or something, snap em up!

Xbox Live is doing 2 free old games per month for gold members, trying to get peeps to keep their 360s, and bring in anyone that hasn't bought an Xbox yet, but really another redesign?

That was (as I posted a few days ago in the videogame thread) definitely an issue I found to start with but am slowly getting used it it. It'd be good if the nodes on the map screen actually pointed to the exact place in that level that leads to that specific exit (I'm sure that sentence is as clear as mud) but that might have been an aesthetic choice.

Guest jasondonervan

That map was awful, but it's worth persevering with. Also, everyone should have a pen and some paper by their side at all times when playing.

It's also one of the most buggy games I've ever played. Can't remember the last time a game has crashed so many times on me, and because I couldn't figure out where to go to proceed in the game, I eventually had to give up on it.

It's a shame though, I really like the visuals, music and puzzles in that game.

Hopefully the sequel will fix a lot of those issues.

Edited by Ceerial

Not even all the updates has fixed it yet, it still crashes on me almost every single time. I have to tried reinstall it, clear the cache and all that stuff, but that didn't work either.

But I don't really care anymore, I'm done with that game.

Edited by Ceerial

Not even all the updates has fixed it yet, it still crashes on me almost every single time. I have to tried reinstall it, clear the cache and all that stuff, but that didn't work either.

Wasn't there some controversy about patching Fez on 360 was too expensive due to MicroDerp™?

Wasn't there some controversy about patching Fez on 360 was too expensive due to MicroDerp™?

yeah I read that too, can't remember where but that does ring a bell

would love to hear your take on it, Ill be honest I havent been reading or watching reviews, but that extended trailer released a while back looked damn interesting.

It's structured like an Uncharted game and can feel like it but it's a very different experience. While Uncharted was more about the amazing environments and set pieces, this is a game that's grounded in reality and makes a lot of effort to make you believe in the world so it can deliver more engaging character drama. Can't really talk about the quality of the character drama yet since I'm not too far in. But character animations have only improved since Uncharted 3 so they are extremely convincing.

The gameplay systems tie into that so it feels like there's weight and decision making behind everything you do. This is a pretty stark contrast with the whimsical light hearted Uncharted adventure where wave after wave of disposable enemies are being sent after you. I think The Last of Us has far more engaging gameplay. I also think there's a lot of very impressive game design in here. Very good dynamic cover carried by the fantastic animation system, simple but satisfying melee, good level design and an excellent stealth system that works by actual line of sight and only gives a subtle audio cue about visibility. I've complained about transparent stealth systems and AI before. This is how to do it right.

I don't like to say it because I think Naughty Dog has some of the best production quality out there. But after all those fancy E3 trailers this generation is really starting to look dated. The setting is obviously a bit stale and it's really hard to pull off weathered environments on this limited hardware but it's lacking some fidelity and can look a bit drab. I can't shake the feeling that the top technical guys at Naughty Dog are working on next gen tech. Maybe it's just my memory or the nature of the setting but I thought Uncharted 2 and 3 looked far more impressive.

Edit: I'm having audio drop out issues which I assume are related to IO latency. I'm missing dialog left and right and it's pissing me off. Should have bought it on PSN instead... :(

Edited by Ego

Fez 2!

Wow, wtf!? Ok, I'm buying whatever console that game launches on

Fez was shit, but I'm curious about that

You're shit. Fez was amazing!

I didn't enjoy Fez very much either, mostly because the map was so confusing.

The map was hard to understand at first, but near the end I finally understood its structure. I like how the map is sort of a puzzle in itself.

An update costs $50.000 $40.000 as far as I remember

EDIT: price

Guest jasondonervan

Fez 2!

Wow, wtf!? Ok, I'm buying whatever console that game launches on

With the original just coming out on PC recently, there's a good chance the next one will launch on it as well. Fishy Phil made no secret of his distaste for MS' policy regarding updates, so who knows. I'd love it to come out on either PC or PS4 (seems to be where my bread is buttered for the next gen).

Edited by jasondonervan