IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

So if the fucks aren't given as much as we suppose they are then point given to the leak column; which is to say, a leak wouldn't make a difference.

As for Nosaj Thing going to Bleep early, it's because the leak hit first.

Again, no fucks given? Leak it. No harm, no foul.

yea, though if the download says it can be tracked back to you, wouldn't it put you off from sharing? especially if you didn't care at all about the hormone levels of some pathological forum dweebs (us) who are going mental over this release? if it's one of several dozen releases you get in advance this month?

Guest Aserinsky

I'd imagine the only people that have listened to it so far are the reviewers excited to hear it and are the ones unlikely to leak it. As soon as it turns up on a reviewer's desk that doesn't give a shit who Autechre are or doesn't particularly like the album it'll be leaked, even then it'll only be to get a higher ratio on what or waffles rather than for us rabid fanboys who've already pre-ordered and just desperately want to hear it.

BTW all these mini-reviews are sending me over the deep end. I wanna hear bladelores NOW.

I get what you're saying. They're not important enough in general to waste the time to leak. But then, how does everything leak to begin with? Also, until anyone officially proves they are watermarked, the "tracking back to" counter argument doesnt hold up for me. If it did, then I think Warps list would be more stringent, which we've seen is more arbitrary than anything.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, how many media outlets got this? 5? 10? 20? The Design Agency getting it makes me think its more than we would guess. If half of them pulled a pixelives and gave it to a friend, then this should leak. If its no big deal to the greater scheme of things, than let it happen. Or let the people on this board (who I'd bet already preordered) here it but be gentlemen about it. We could even do a Dropbox around it and shut it down if we suspect its getting uploaded somewhere else. Or stream it. Fuck, I don't know. I just remember when Untilted got announced, Fermium was officially streaming right away.

Yeah the mini reviews Pixelife gives us are like the sweetest Advent calendar EVER.

Reading it I have the conviction that it might be their best work to date, but also the feeling that it could be their last album, a feeling I already had with Oversteps, only countered by MoT as a follow-up. I obviously don't hope so but still...

warp is smart enough to know as soon as it leaks, i bet they even check what and waffles during a time like this.

Speaking of Waffles and what.cd, is there any of you guys still using these ?

How is this now ? Is what.cd still as cool ?

I used to love what.cd, funny story of how I got banned like 2 years ago because I was inviting myself with other email adress

I was topping the ratio because of my stupid french internet connection and closed NAT or whatever, so I was doing paypal donation to what.cd (and a cheap ass one, like 30 euros) to get an invite again and recreate an account, thinking that was tricky but happy to give them money for the wonderful platform / service their were giving me. I did this like 4 times over a year, I still remember today the surreal IRC conversation I had with a mod and explaining all this. Almost got unbanned but the guy was standing still on his position in the end. This was pretty intense : )

I've got a Waffle account since 2010 but haven't been there in a super long while, wasn't as good of a platform than what.cd, don't even remember my username / password.

warp is smart enough to know as soon as it leaks, i bet they even check what and waffles during a time like this.

Speaking of Waffles and what.cd, is there any of you guys still using these ?

How is this now ? Is what.cd still as cool ?

I used to love what.cd, funny story of how I got banned like 2 years ago because I was inviting myself with other email adress

I was topping the ratio because of my stupid french internet connection and closed NAT or whatever, so I was doing paypal donation to what.cd (and a cheap ass one, like 30 euros) to get an invite again and recreate an account, thinking that was tricky but happy to give them money for the wonderful platform / service their were giving me. I did this like 4 times over a year, I still remember today the surreal IRC conversation I had with a mod and explaining all this. Almost got unbanned but the guy was standing still on his position in the end. This was pretty intense : )

I've got a Waffle account since 2010 but haven't been there in a super long while, wasn't as good of a platform than what.cd, don't even remember my username / password.

i usually check blogs for this. never had access to waffles or what.cd

Guest the anonymous forumite
people still use waffles? lolz

what.cd still is and will probably always be the best way to get music.

until the police take it down, like it happened to oink.

people still use waffles? lolz

what.cd still is and will probably always be the best way to get music.

until the police take it down, like it happened to oink.

the amount of people on it and their Gazelle framework makes it really good. if they take it down somebody will put a new tracker up within a few days.

@pixelives

How is the album shaping up now you've had quite a few listens to it? Would you say it is one of your favourite releases from them or too early to tell yet?

Guest pixelives
@pixelives

How is the album shaping up now you've had quite a few listens to it? Would you say it is one of your favourite releases from them or too early to tell yet?

still trying to wrap my head around it. I've decided to only listen to it once or twice a day to let it settle in. Oversteps was much more immediate in a way, but this is twice as long, so...

Definitely liking what I'm hearing.

Pixelives, you mentioned some tracks were reminecent of the livesets, there are some tracks / sounds I've been dying to hear on a proper quality from the quaristice / oversteps livesets, especially that track starting at 39' on the 2008 LA liveset which was recorded by a fellow watmmer at the time.

Anything sounding a bit like it was born from this track on the album ?

oh and most of all : thanks a lot for all the brilliantly described impressions so far, ace man.

Edited by beNito

Pixelives, you mentioned some tracks were reminecent of the livesets, there are some tracks / sounds I've been dying to hear on a proper quality from the quaristice / oversteps livesets, especially that track starting at 39' on the 2008 LA liveset which was recorded by a fellow watmmer at the time.

oh and most of all : thanks a lot for all the brilliantly described impressions so far, ace man.

THIS. I need this melody.

THIS. I need this melody.

I know man ! Btw, so cool to see you around here gl0tch !

I've been waiting for this melody for like 5 years now. listening to this live set, both the original and "remastered" version so many times, and every single time I'm thinking : I hope I'll still be alive the day this or anything from this makes it on a proper track.

Best would finally to get soundboards though, these quaristice tour livesets were epic, happy I saw them live, but I want more :)

are you referring to the segment in that liveset which has elements of 'Steels' all over it? Or the segment prior with the catchy melody?

I love the catchy melodies on that Quaristice live set.