IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest disoriental express

i don't get it

If you take some large Ae traxx like Surripere or Nuane, you will notice that preceeding traxx (Tapr and Pule) were not really representational of the album

:cisfor:

i don't get it

If you take some large Ae traxx like Surripere or Nuane, you will notice that preceeding traxx (Tapr and Pule) were not really representational of the album

ahhh, thanks for clarification. interesting observation. we'll have to see if it plays out that way

Best Autechre release yet. That's all I'm saying.

that's objectively impossible, their back catalog is just too strong. I'm busting you both for wanton hyperbole.

Well, played, Sir.

No, seriously. This takes a huge, massive dump on Oversteps and especially Quatis-whateverthefuckitscalled. Best AE since Amber and LP5. AE fans will be deliriously happy with how dense and well-crafted these tracks are.

And this is, without a doubt, the first AE album (I think) sounds just as good through a pair of headphones as it does on a good hi-fi system with decent speakers.

In the autechre universe, this is as close to coming out of the closet with respect to having a leak as humanly possible.

Hey master J., what's your warn status?

You leave O'ersteps and Quarter Ice alone!!!! :trap:

Edited by disoriental express

One of my favourite AE photos (old WATMM site header):

attachicon.gifae_masthead.jpg

It's 2003 The Wire cover

69f88f90e9cb60fc859c4a80b4e_prev.jpg

If it's the best Autechre ever, what was previous best?

I was a big fan of Oversteps, which I thought was a great return to form after those (IMO, I stress) lackluster releases Quartis-whatever and Draft 7.30, and thank god I've forgotten about how much I hated Confield.

And yes, I know where I got the image from - note the "copyright 2003 The Wire" in the corner of the graphic I posted.

One of my favourite AE photos (old WATMM site header):

attachicon.gifae_masthead.jpg

It's 2003 The Wire cover

69f88f90e9cb60fc859c4a80b4e_prev.jpg

If it's the best Autechre ever, what was previous best?

I was a big fan of Oversteps, which I thought was a great return to form after those (IMO, I stress) lackluster releases Quartis-whatever and Draft 7.30, and thank god I've forgotten about how much I hated Confield.

And yes, I know where I got the image from - note the "copyright 2003 The Wire" in the corner of the graphic I posted.

reported

In the autechre universe, this is as close to coming out of the closet with respect to having a leak as humanly possible.

Hey master J., what's your warn status?

I don't have a leak. this was actually a nice surprise that arrived in my inbox the other day.

that's awesome to hear, as i remember, you are not a huge fan of ae right joyrex?

Yes, that's right - after EP7 and then Cornhole, I really lost the AE faith in the direction they were taking their sound. Daft Derp-30 and Quarter-sized didn't give me much hope of AE ever returning to their old sound, and then Oversteps and Move of Ten renewed my AE faith.

I consider AE akin to a foreign cuisine; sometimes hard to swallow and unapproachable, but every now and then you try something that knocks your socks off and you can't get enough of it.

Don't get me wrong; I greatly respect them for doing their own thing, but if I don't like it, I simply don't like it. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I am very, very pleased with Exai and cannot wait to purchase the digital versions when they are released, despite having access to them already. I try and support the artists as much as I can.

*promptly adds joyrex and beerwolf to the ignore list*

hahaha i know how you feel

i can't think of an ae track i don't like... WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!

Edited by disoriental express

wait, Joyrex deems Draft 7.30 as a lackluster release?

yes, and so does Mister Beerwolf, it's hardly a classic is it? though I could gaze at the artwork for hours.

Yes, the artwork was the best thing about it. Too bad I enjoyed that more than most of the tracks. It's not as bad as Quartershite, but just didn't make me want to re-listen to any of the tracks. I find myself skipping them instantly when they come on.

Something to note

8. tuinorizn (3:40)

9. bladelores (12:20)

13. spl9 (7:06)

14. cloudline (10:13)

:jots it down:

Edited by baph

Something to note

8. tuinorizn (3:40)

9. bladelores (12:20)

13. spl9 (7:06)

14. cloudline (10:13)

:jots it down:

I see where this guy's theory is going, but really, it doesn't apply to Exai.

I guess you could say, I'm Exai-ted over this release...

tumblr_m4m70zTebV1qg9kam.jpg