IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Don't worry Draft 7.30 Acolytes I've banned the sinners Beerwolf and Joyrex from the ae forum for life.

No you haven't!! I'm still here lol

*cheekily sticks two fingers up and runs off*

Edited by beerwolf

I don't know about anyone else, but I personally hold in high esteem the opinions of people whose main thrust of their dislike for an album is displayed through their repeatedly childish ways of referring to it.

It's just you mate.

I don't know about anyone else, but I personally hold in high esteem the opinions of people whose main thrust of their dislike for an album is displayed through their repeatedly childish ways of referring to it.

LOL, yeah, I guess that's not a very objective way of voicing my opinion, is it? Ah well, bottom line - I like it more than any other AE release in recent memory.

So Joyrex, what's the scoop?

Give us some juicy tit-bits.

1. It's an album.
  2. It has tracks on it, of varying lengths.
  3. Listening to it is the only way to hear it.
  4. You must have ears - it won't work if you're deaf, too.
  5. Did I mention I like it?

Sorry, but Sean and Rob have short hair and that scares me to say any more.

Guest pixelives

i don't get it

If you take some large Ae traxx like Surripere or Nuane, you will notice that preceeding traxx (Tapr and Pule) were not really representational of the album

yup. this works...

Don't worry Draft 7.30 Acolytes I've banned the sinners Beerwolf and Joyrex from the ae forum for life.

That magic wand of yours seems to malfunction. Do you have any other types of tools?

ghostbusters-pic_1622567c.jpg

Guest pixelives

Best Autechre release yet. That's all I'm saying.

that's objectively impossible, their back catalog is just too strong. I'm busting you both for wanton hyperbole.

Well, played, Sir.

No, seriously. This takes a huge, massive dump on Oversteps and especially Quatis-whateverthefuckitscalled. Best AE since Amber and LP5. AE fans will be deliriously happy with how dense and well-crafted these tracks are.

And this is, without a doubt, the first AE album (I think) sounds just as good through a pair of headphones as it does on a good hi-fi system with decent speakers.

Yup

LOL, yeah, I guess that's not a very objective way of voicing my opinion, is it? Ah well, bottom line - I like it more than any other AE release in recent memory.

>So Joyrex, what's the scoop?

Give us some juicy tit-bits.

1. It's an album.
  2. It has tracks on it, of varying lengths.
  3. Listening to it is the only way to hear it.
  4. You must have ears - it won't work if you're deaf, too.
  5. Did I mention I like it?

Sorry, but Sean and Rob have short hair and that scares me to say any more.

what about laying your hands on your subs? or your feet maybe?

Guest pixelives

In the autechre universe, this is as close to coming out of the closet with respect to having a leak as humanly possible.

Hey master J., what's your warn status?

I don't have a leak. this was actually a nice surprise that arrived in my inbox the other day.

>that's awesome to hear, as i remember, you are not a huge fan of ae right joyrex?

Yes, that's right - after EP7 and then Cornhole, I really lost the AE faith in the direction they were taking their sound. Daft Derp-30 and Quarter-sized didn't give me much hope of AE ever returning to their old sound, and then Oversteps and Move of Ten renewed my AE faith.

I consider AE akin to a foreign cuisine; sometimes hard to swallow and unapproachable, but every now and then you try something that knocks your socks off and you can't get enough of it.

Don't get me wrong; I greatly respect them for doing their own thing, but if I don't like it, I simply don't like it. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I am very, very pleased with Exai and cannot wait to purchase the digital versions when they are released, despite having access to them already. I try and support the artists as much as I can.

Joyrex. Did you get wavs? I'm eager to hear FLACs or Wavs since my fatdrop was only 320's.

In the autechre universe, this is as close to coming out of the closet with respect to having a leak as humanly possible.

Hey master J., what's your warn status?

I don't have a leak. this was actually a nice surprise that arrived in my inbox the other day.

359490823">

>that's awesome to hear, as i remember, you are not a huge fan of ae right j

oyrex?

Yes, that's right - after EP7 and then Cornhole, I really lost the AE faith in the direction they were taking their sound. Daft Derp-30 and Quarter-sized didn't give me much hope of AE ever returning to their old sound, and then Oversteps and Move of Ten renewed my AE faith.

I consider AE akin to a foreign cuisine; sometimes hard to swallow and unapproachable, but every now and then you try something that knocks your socks off and you can't get enough of it.

Don't get me wrong; I greatly respect them for doing their own thing, but if I don't like it, I simply don't like it. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I am very, very pleased with Exai and cannot wait to purchase the digital versions when they are released, despite having access to them already. I try and support the artists as much as I can.

Joyrex. Did you get wavs? I'm eager to hear FLACs or Wavs since my fatdrop was only 320's.

Hmmm. Good question. I don't think they were FLACs since I don't have a player on the Mac that handles those - honestly I just bunged them into iTunes to put them on my Phone as soon as I got them.

Can you rip spl9?

ripped tuinorizn if anybody still needs it. Got original 320 mp3 file through Offliberty, then cut it in audio editor to small piece of the same quality.

Edited by Joyrex
No rips

Ooh this is getting a little cliquey now.

I don't recall any tracks from Exai that having overt clicking noises... :emotawesomepm9:

Plenty of cliquing on Karastice. And Seeklysqueet.

Damn....love tuinorizn as well! Love the ambient/drums as they are really basic, but at the same time really "hard" to follow

*unignores*

Hmmm. Good question. I don't think they were FLACs since I don't have a player on the Mac that handles those - honestly I just bunged them into iTunes to put them on my Phone as soon as I got them.

By golly, what a load of wankshots.

*ignores*