IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

maybe warp thought you meant this place

if so i can see why they'd be scared

what's that ? a /b/ version of watmm ?

and the people who truly love autechre are half-wit pseudo/intellectuals who want to use it as a cloak of esoteria to shroud them from possibly being underestimated in the eyes/minds of people they wanna impress

I smiled, i did.

how did they do it last time (first) when they released it early, messages directly to pre-ordering folks with a download link?

Pretty much that as I recall. Or rather, an email to pre-orderers saying they can download from Bleep in Quari's case. I think Oversteps actually announced pre-orders get the download a month early.

Found my "move of ten" digital release e-mail sent on 14th June. "Official" release was 12th july........

Move of Ten available to download in high quality at Bleep.com now →
— 320kbps MP3s, 16-bit WAVs or higher quality 24-bit WAVs

— WAV versions come with 320kbps MP3s, included for your portable player

— Vinyl & CD versions are still on pre-order but purchasers will receive the digital versions straight away

— All pre-existing Bleep.com preorders of the CD or 2 vinyls have now been credited with digital versions. Log into your account to download

— Main release date for all other physical products, including Bleep pre-ordered CD and vinyl, remains 12 July

Oversteps scheduled for 22 / 23 March; on Feb 23 I got

Your Oversteps Pre-Order - Digital Now Available

- Recently you pre-ordered either the CD or vinyl version of Autechre’s album ‘Oversteps’, including a free digital version as WAVs and MP3s.

- We’re pleased to let you know that these digital files have been delivered to your Bleep account now, and are waiting for you to collect.

- To access log in to your account on the store and go to the “Downloads” section of your account.

- You will find either 16bit / 44.1kHz or 24bit / 44.1kHz WAVs (based on your preference when you pre-ordered), and 320kbps LAME encoded MP3s. These can be downloaded separately at any time.

- Each of the 14 mp3s has individual artwork as chosen by Autechre. This track-by-track artwork is exclusive to Bleep.

- Please be aware the physical release date has not changed.

Click HERE to go to Bleep to download your copy of the album.

And for Quaristice, due 3rd March (hm), I received this on Jan 30 (HMM):

mailout.gif

Maybe after spending 3 years putting together a huge double album they fancy, like, some time off?

I'd love them to tour, but their sets are like putting together even more fresh music.

Feels good to re-see these early announcements emails, they should release it soon.

Btw, I'm always reading this thread, like at least 10 times per day, you guys are the best, really.

Bleep emails usually come out in a couple hours from now.

It's Wednesday, 1/30. 1+3=4. 4 Tet was the first to mention a promo. I think we'll hear it today.

ahaha, also, Quaristice was due on 3rd of march and they released the early mp3 on Jan 30th.

So there's hope for today / tomorrow.

Is it really that hard to wait another month?

it's not about the difficulty, it's about all of us deciding not to do or start anything interesting until this could be the soundtrack of our next interesting thing we do in life. obviously.

Keep in mind it's 2xCD, so the wait seems twice as long and our excitement is two-fold

Has anyone considered holding off playing one of the discs for a few months after release or something? Just to give themselves the experience of a second Ae release if none comes ala Quadrange or Move of Ten.

Keep in mind it's 2xCD, so the wait seems twice as long and our excitement is two-fold

Has anyone considered holding off playing one of the discs for a few months after release or something? Just to give themselves the experience of a second Ae release if none comes ala Quadrange or Move of Ten.

Not sure I could own whole CD of new autechre music and not listen to it.