IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

All it takes is one person to transcode the promo and then post this online for the greater good of humanity. (Do it purposefully at something below 256kpbs. This would eliminate any watermarks in the header and still force people to buy the BLEEP counter-defense so that they can get better quality files) People who paid for it already will get a portion of their product earlier and the curious will jump on board sooner than later.

The way I see it, Warp actually makes a couple extra sales and insures the quality of the inevitable leak. Otherwise, all bets are off once the disc is ripped.

That defense is flawed - there are plenty of people that would settle for lower quality tracks and not end up buying the release.

Not based on what you literally JUST said 2 minutes ago about their tracks suffering at lower bit rates. Honestly, if a tingy 64kbps full leak went out, BLEEP would release the FLACS minutes after it leaked to Twitter.

All it takes is one person to transcode the promo and then post this online for the greater good of humanity. (Do it purposefully at something below 256kpbs. This would eliminate any watermarks in the header and still force people to buy the BLEEP counter-defense so that they can get better quality files) People who paid for it already will get a portion of their product earlier and the curious will jump on board sooner than later.

The way I see it, Warp actually makes a couple extra sales and insures the quality of the inevitable leak. Otherwise, all bets are off once the disc is ripped.

That defense is flawed - there are plenty of people that would settle for lower quality tracks and not end up buying the release.

Not based on what you literally JUST said 2 minutes ago about their tracks suffering at lower bit rates. Honestly, if a tingy 64kbps full leak went out, BLEEP would release the FLACS minutes after it leaked to Twitter.

I highly doubt that. And the fact the tracks suffer to my ears does not mean the less discriminating, and cheap listener would compromise and simply keep the lower bitrate version in lieu of buying the release on any format legitimately.

Those clips that were on the Norman site do NOT do the tracks justice, and I really wished they had chosen to sample them better, because while I rarely complain about bitrates, those sounded awful compared to higher bitrate versions. AE's music suffers much more than any other from low bitrates, IMO - so much is lost (literally) in the compression.

That's good to know but it's the ideas (or lack thereof) in these tracks that I'm underwhelmed by. It's still well above average as far as electronic music goes, though. Most of you Aess-kissers seem like the type who also find the Batman movies satisfying so we may just have irreconcilable differences in taste.

These tracks develop and grow, especially in the case of Bladelores - that was the worst example of a short sound sample representing the quality or complexity of a track.

I highly doubt that. And the fact the tracks suffer to my ears does not mean the less discriminating, and cheap listener would compromise and simply keep the lower bitrate version in lieu of buying the release on any format legitimately.

>

Those clips that were on the Norman site do NOT do the tracks justice, and I really wished they had chosen to sample them better, because while I rarely complain about bitrates, those sounded awful compared to higher bitrate versions. AE's music suffers much more than any other from low bitrates, IMO - so much is lost (literally) in the compression.

That's good to know but it's the ideas (or lack thereof) in these tracks that I'm underwhelmed by. It's still well above average as far as electronic music goes, though. Most of you Aess-kissers seem like the type who also find the Batman movies satisfying so we may just have irreconcilable differences in taste.

These tracks develop and grow, especially in the case of Bladelores - that was the worst example of a short sound sample representing the quality or complexity of a track.

Agree to disagree. Care to test my hypothesis?

>

Agree to disagree. Care to test my hypothesis?

9ac6742d_Eating-Popcorn-3-michael-jackso

Edited by feltcher

I wish I could agree with you guys on Ae continuing to be innovative. What I'm hearing now is them trying to corner their market. Maybe that's not such a bad thing but it's a stark difference from the audio alchemy I fell in love with.

This is harsh but interesting. I'm tempted to agree. But I'm still looking forward to digesting the album. MoT was the first Ae "album" that I felt was really pretty rubbish (only listened to it a few times). And Oversteps was quite uneven. I'm not sure they're looking at things as cynically as you suggest...but who knows. As I've said before, Sean seems to have lost his youthful intensity. For some reason I always felt he was the mad genius in Ae, I'm sure he's still creative but I think he's become looser and their quality control has slipped....potentially. Very willing to be proven wrong.

The samples feel very "up front" to me, superficially exciting but may have little staying power. We shall see...

I wish I could agree with you guys on Ae continuing to be innovative. What I'm hearing now is them trying to corner their market. Maybe that's not such a bad thing but it's a stark difference from the audio alchemy I fell in love with.

This is harsh but interesting. I'm tempted to agree. But I'm still looking forward to digesting the album. MoT was the first Ae "album" that I felt was really pretty rubbish (only listened to it a few times). And Oversteps was quite uneven. I'm not sure they're looking at things as cynically as you suggest...but who knows. As I've said before, Sean seems to have lost his youthful intensity. For some reason I always felt he was the mad genius in Ae, I'm sure he's still creative but I think he's become looser and their quality control has slipped....potentially. Very willing to be proven wrong.

The samples feel very "up front" to me, superficially exciting but may have little staying power. We shall see...

Now this is a good review !

Guest Retosik

Hi Gentleman

I survived the jump out of the window hast someone recorded the samples ?

yes, me

(there are spl9 and podcast tuinorizn too)

Edited by Joyrex
Link to illegal content removed

Now this is a good review !

:cerious:

wait for exai... stay strong :emotawesomepm9:

Hi Gentleman

yes, me

I thank you very very much you safed my evening ! (tears are rolling over his face )

Edited by Joyrex
Link to illegal material removed

Thnx!

Hi Gentleman

yes, me

Guest disoriental express

people that don't like oversteps are weird. people that don't like draft are weird. people that don't like quaristice are weird. people that don't like confield are weird. people that don't like move of ten are weird. people that don't like untilted are weird.

Guest Retosik

people that don't like oversteps are weird. people that don't like draft are weird. people that don't like quaristice are weird. people that don't like confield are weird. people that don't like move of ten are weird. people that don't like untilted are weird.

people that don't like autechre are weird.

Incredible i can visualise most of the samples immediatly ( hope you know what i mean )
Most of the samples sounds like an incoming thunder with strong lightning bolts !

Tuinorizm is the funniest : imagine an Alien family speaking , first the mother then the father (deep bass )
and then the little kids screaming around

VekoS:dance music for transformers cars

Bladelores: a blacksmith hammering on a sword

Jatevee-C : Summer

Tess XI : baroque tea party

haha :duckhunt:

The first time Ae sounds better on headphones. Those samples sounds perfect (having in mind compression and everything) on my AudioTechnica ATH-M50 phones...even better than on PMC TB2A speakers and that's really rare, not sure if it's a good thing but it's rare.

I almost 100% certain they have one of these phones:

- Sennheiser HD 650

- Beyerdynamic DT 880

- AudioTechnica ATH-M50

Yes, statistically these phones are the most used in pro audio world but...not everybody likes them.

Although ATH-M50 are closed-back design, DT 880 semi-open and HD 650 open design they all have very similar freq response...almost identical. The use of reverb makes me believe they use canes with closed-back design, maybe even Beyerdynamic DT770.

edit: people are weird

Edited by xox