IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

<p>i am in disbelief, even if you sent me a christina aguelera glitched auto-tune acapella with wood block/side stick beats put through a record crackle filter as a joke, it still wouldn't have been as funny as this. my god<br />

<br />

and you're right, there is much more to him than that, add on 60 second reverb to my list. IT's almost like he forgot that the original song was playing in the background with the key/chord changes and just instead decided to keep doing the same melodies for the whole song regardless of the different in melody playing behind it, baffling to say the least</p>

Edited by Awepittance

re: Aserinsky

LOLLOLOL, your sarcasm made my day so hard, holy shit wtf

edit : thats a fake track made by you right? if so great job, holy shit still laughing

Both hilarious and strangely enjoyable.

just the utter disregard for the change in the original melody in the song is lol enough, but add the vacuum full on side chain and you basically have given me a mushroom-style perma grin for the entire rest of my day

re: Aserinsky

LOLLOLOL, your sarcasm made my day so hard, holy shit wtf

edit : thats a fake track made by you right? if so great job, holy shit still laughing

Both hilarious and strangely enjoyable.

hahyes

Guest disoriental express

Just make your own quaristice/oversteps track lists.

I found the interactive nature of quaristice to be it's greatest strength and is ultimately what turned it around from being a little disappointing to supreme for me.

I also enjoyed splicing iris was a pupil , no border and ylm0 into oversteps. Always thought it was great though.

The first time Ae sounds better on headphones. Those samples sounds perfect (having in mind compression and everything) on my AudioTechnica ATH-M50 phones...even better than on PMC TB2A speakers and that's really rare, not sure if it's a good thing but it's rare.

I almost 100% certain they have one of these phones:

- Sennheiser HD 650

- Beyerdynamic DT 880

- AudioTechnica ATH-M50

Yes, statistically these phones are the most used in pro audio world but...not everybody likes them.

Although ATH-M50 are closed-back design, DT 880 semi-open and HD 650 open design they all have very similar freq response...almost identical. The use of reverb makes me believe they use canes with closed-back design, maybe even Beyerdynamic DT770.

edit: people are weird

hd650 and dt 880 are listening headphones, not monitors. do pro audio people produce/mix/master stuff on headphones that are slightly eq'ed to begin with ?

I have the hd650s and I personally don't think they sound all that much like the dt 880s that I've heard, but for that matter, there are a number of variations of that Beyerdynamic headphone and people swear that they all sound different.

Autechre usually sounds good on the hd650s to me. I don't think the samples sound perfect, though. They sound like what they are, low-bitrate samples.

They 650s are natural sounding for listening, but they definitely aren't dead flat studio monitors (nor are they intended to be). I've heard of a few pros who use them as references, but not exclusively, and not at the initial mixing/mastering stages.

With all respect to xox, I think ye might be stretching a bit much here.

hehe...yes, i might be ;)

Peace! ;)

EDIT: Was that even addressed to me?! Shit!

My God, what an off-topic!

Edited by xox

<p>i am in disbelief, even if you sent me a christina aguelera glitched auto-tune acapella with wood block/side stick beats put through a record crackle filter as a joke, it still wouldn't have been as funny as this. my god<br />

<br />

and you're right, there is much more to him than that, add on 60 second reverb to my list. IT's almost like he forgot that the original song was playing in the background with the key/chord changes and just instead decided to keep doing the same melodies for the whole song regardless of the different in melody playing behind it, baffling to say the least</p>

How are you going to criticize Actress' use of reverb after Oversteps?? That's the most gratuitous use of reverb I've heard since ISDN or maybe Amber (both of which I loved, btw)

Seriously, criticizing production techniques is definitely indicative of missing the point...

dude, did you not listen, the reverb tail is so long it continues the notes from a previous part of the song before the key change (which can be heard in the background but conflicting with the changing melody)

it almost sounds like he didnt bother to cutup the song at all or do anything in relation to the change in melody and just decided to soak it in effects to hide it.

Edited by Awepittance

I found the interactive nature of quaristice to be it's greatest strength and is ultimately what turned it around from being a little disappointing to supreme for me.

I remember hearing about this but I never got this... How did everyone come to the conclusion that this was the right way to listen to it? I always liked it as-is, straight through. Then again, I've always liked Minidisc as well. I thought the concept of the "versions" or "quadranges" or whatever they're called to be pretty stupid although they had some awesome sounds.

Guest Aserinsky

That was actually two tracks assigned to a crossfader, no reverb whatsoever :cisfor:

EDIT: Someone asked him how he got this exact effect on his Twitter and he answered. I have no input to the creation of this remix whatsoever. None at all :whistling:

Edited by Aserinsky

don't really get this actress discussion. the whole thing has a kind of creepy overly protective quality, like in really heated star wars vs. star trek discussions. by no means is actress as innovative or interesting as autechre, but that's not exactly a fair standard in the narrow world of moderately underground electronic music

Edited by grue

he's adding reverb to the original song, no doubt about it. the original track def did not have this long of reverb decay in it

don't really get this actress discussion. the whole thing has a kind of creepy overly protective quality, like in really heated star wars vs. star trek discussions. by no means is actress as innovative or interesting as autechre, but that's not exactly a fair standard in the narrow world of moderately underground electronic music

acknowledged, and i agree i am creepily protective over my aE

That was actually two tracks assigned to a crossfader, no reverb whatsoever :cisfor:

EDIT: Someone asked him how he got this exact effect on his Twitter and he answered. I have no input to the creation of this remix whatsoever. None at all :whistling:

Hi Actress

dude, did you not listen, the reverb tail is so long it continues the notes from a previous part of the song before the key change (which can be heard in the background but conflicting with the changing melody)

it almost sounds like he didnt bother to cutup the song at all or do anything in relation to the change in melody and just decided to soak it in effects to hide it.

lol, which track? Just FYI, I'm not going to stop liking Actress even if you end up being 100% right. Which I actually don't doubt - the dude smokes way too much weed LOL

I remember hearing about this but I never got this... How did everyone come to the conclusion that this was the right way to listen to it? I always liked it as-is, straight through. Then again, I've always liked Minidisc as well. I thought the concept of the "versions" or "quadranges" or whatever they're called to be pretty stupid although they had some awesome sounds.

Initially I just took fwzE and bnc Castl out of the playlist since i'm not into them and then it just kind of spiraled out of control from there. It soon got complicated with all the bonus music that came out. It's amazing what restructuring an album can do.

Edited by disoriental express

he's adding reverb to the original song, no doubt about it. the original track def did not have this long of reverb decay in it

acknowledged, and i agree i am creepily protective over my aE

i can sympathize, they are a good target for full-on nerd protection

Edited by grue

Guest Aserinsky

Hi Actress

lol

To be fair, you are sort of correct, the second part is two loops. One from the key change, another is a loop of a reverb tail. So yes, there is more reverb than the original track, but it wasn't actually crafted by using any sort of reverb effect / plug in.

Wait, does this explanation give more credence to the theory that this is a joke, or that I actually am Actress? THE PLOT THICKENS

Holy fuck the last three pages, can we stop taking about actress? Take it to the actress sub forum... oh there isn't one. Well at least make a new thread for it. This thread is for us to pop boners over Exai god dammit.

4007g6675.gif