IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

I think it is probably because I am old enough to remember a time before the internet, and was happy to get up early, and buy an album on release day.

wasn't that also the time that you didn't have to "wait" for months for a release? + this release is already available (at least digitally). It would be nice if warp/bleep would release the digital wavs/mp3's for the pre-orders...they did the same with Oversteps and i enjoyd it. When the album was send to my home, i was DOUBLE so excited...

I think it is probably because I am old enough to remember a time before the internet, and was happy to get up early, and buy an album on release day.

Oh fuck, I remember the wait for The Fragile nearly destroyed me.

wasn't that also the time that you didn't have to "wait" for months for a release? + this release is already available (at least digitally). It would be nice if warp/bleep would release the digital wavs/mp3's for the pre-orders...they did the same with Oversteps and i enjoyd it. When the album was send to my home, i was DOUBLE so excited...

Oh shut up you self entitled ass!

lol i'm just pulling your leg

cheers

Have any of you got any idea how sad you are ?

It's a few days to go. I dread to think what you are like at Christmas.....

Do something else.....Go outside. Drink some beer. Meet a freind. Ride a bike. Listen to the birds in a tree. Find some new music. Go see your friend do a poetry recital. Go for a ride on a bus. Cook something you have never eaten. Tell someone you love them....whatever.

If "they" do come here, and read this thread, do you think they will think you're cool? Really?

Thank you for your kind instructions, human. We're not programmed this way naturally, but we would give it a try somewhere on our schedule. *boop* *beep*

I believe they did that because oversteps leaked online first. The same day on 22 february 2010 bleep put out the digitals a few hours after. Maybe if a leak comes out they will do it. Would be nice still

OK, listen up:

This thread is really becoming sad, and honestly, most of the banter here has nothing to do with Exai, so let's keep this on topic, otherwise, the thread will be locked until March 3rd, and then you guys can resume talking about it.

Honestly - you're putting the BoC fans clutching their hexagon kaleidoscopes in vain of any shred of news, let alone waiting for a release date, to shame.

Probably, but it's not really a big deal is it?

I grew up in Sheffield, remember when warp opened there shop on division street. Loved LFO when I heard it in 89. Loved the Ai series even more, and have records that would make you shit.

It is music that you do not have. That is all. In a months time you can post that you do not get it, and that move of ten was miles better. Get a fucking grip.

Also, it's not the fact that tDR announced the album in september, it's this thread. Really.

I grew up in Sheffield, remember when warp opened there shop on division street. Loved LFO when I heard it in 89. Loved the Ai series even more, and have records that would make you shit.

It is music that you do not have. That is all. In a months time you can post that you do not get it, and that move of ten was miles better. Get a fucking grip.

Also, it's not the fact that tDR announced the album in september, it's this thread. Really.

not a big deal for me...but i can understand some people without a normal life would get really angry if they wouldn't release it somewhere this week... lol

tension/release

experience the tension.... let it flow through you..... :cerious:

not a big deal for me...but i can understand some people without a normal life would get really angry if they wouldn't release it somewhere this week... lol

>>tension/release

Why? It's a fucking album. It will come. How is your life not "normal" that you cannot wait 20 odd days?

Edited by coab

>tension/release

AM

Why? It's a fucking album. It will come.

i am sure it will :) EXAI to the people!!!!

OK, listen up:

This thread is really becoming sad, and honestly, most of the banter here has nothing to do with Exai, so let's keep this on topic, otherwise, the thread will be locked until March 3rd, and then you guys can resume talking about it.

Honestly - you're putting the BoC fans clutching their hexagon kaleidoscopes in vain of any shred of news, let alone waiting for a release date, to shame.

Autechre and Boards of Canada are FEATURED artists that YOU picked BECAUSE they are the BEST. Unless you are joking, I think MORE people should be clutching their hexagon kaleidoscopes, MORE people should be crying in the streets for EXAI. This isn't just fucking music my friend and it's no where close to little girls screaming for Paul fucking McCarney. This is bloody IDM Music. Cream of the crop. It is like Christmas morning, BUT BETTER. So I will proudly continue to cry myself to sleep everynight until this leaks, thank you very much.

Edited by compson

OK, listen up:

Autechre and Boards of Canada are FEATURED artists that YOU picked BECAUSE they are the BEST. Unless you are joking, I think MORE people should be clutching their hexagon kaleidoscopes, more people should be crying in the streets for EXAI! This isn't just fucking music my friend and it's no where close to little girls screaming for Paul fucking McCarney. This is bloody IDM Music. Cream of the crop. It is like Christmas morning, BUT BETTER. So I will proudly continue to cry myself to sleep everynight until this leaks, thank you very much.

Oh, the whinging about Exai not leaking is fine, it's the diverting into all this non-topic discussion and crap that's derailing the thread. Whinging about an album not being out soon enough or not leaking is a proud WATMM tradition! I wouldn't have it any other way.

OK, listen up:

Autechre and Boards of Canada are FEATURED artists that YOU picked BECAUSE they are the BEST. Unless you are joking, I think MORE people should be clutching their hexagon kaleidoscopes, more people should be crying in the streets for EXAI! This isn't just fucking music my friend and it's no where close to little girls screaming for Paul fucking McCarney. This is bloody IDM Music. Cream of the crop. It is like Christmas morning, BUT BETTER. So I will proudly continue to cry myself to sleep everynight until this leaks, thank you very much.

Oh, the whinging about Exai not leaking is fine, it's the diverting into all this non-topic discussion and crap that's derailing the thread. Whinging about an album not being out soon enough or not leaking is a proud WATMM tradition! I wouldn't have it any other way.

And I agree with that. More discussion about Exai not leaking is needed.

"This isn't just fucking music my friend and it's no where close to
little girls screaming for Paul fucking McCarney. This is bloody IDM
Music"

So why is it when asked what my favourite artists are, when I mention Autechre, 99% of people say "Who?" If it was the greatest music ever, after 22 years wouldn't the whole world know who they are?

Yes, they are awesome, and I get the excitement, i really do, but when I think of autechre, I think their fans are intelligent. Not fuckwits who post pictures of burning Korans.

I did like the conan .gif tho :)

OK, listen up:

And I agree with that. More discussion about Exai not leaking is needed.

so what is there to discuss? there is no leak

OK, listen up:

Autechre and Boards of Canada are FEATURED artists that YOU picked BECAUSE they are the BEST. Unless you are joking, I think MORE people should be clutching their hexagon kaleidoscopes, MORE people should be crying in the streets for EXAI. This isn't just fucking music my friend and it's no where close to little girls screaming for Paul fucking McCarney. This is bloody IDM Music. Cream of the crop. It is like Christmas morning, BUT BETTER. So I will proudly continue to cry myself to sleep everynight until this leaks, thank you very much.

LOL YES!!!

Guest disoriental express

http://warp.net/records/general/job-opportunity-operation-manager

warp is looking to hire an operations manager in new york. some brave NY ae fan should infiltrate via this position. then leak exai. then after the mission is accomplished get fired for running down the halls screaming BLLLLAAAAAADELOOOORRREEESSSS!!!!!!!! and wrecking the place with office chairs

Edited by disoriental express