IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

"

So why is it when asked what my favourite artists are, when I mention Autechre, 99% of people say "Who?" If it was the greatest music ever, after 22 years wouldn't the whole world know who they are?

Because 99% of people are morons. That's why. There's your answer. That is why we are all here waiting for this to leak. 99% of people are quite frankly shit, sorry but it's true... Autechre is one of that very delicate 1%.

Right on, compson! :) :) :)

Music vs intelligence

SAT to IQ conversion chart

LOL I'm only fan of Beethoven and Ae. Shit! This study works just fine for me :)

I'm wondering what would be our (hard.core Ae fans) average IQ... Can't imagine higher average IQ to be in any other music fans. Not even Beethoven's. OK, maybe Actress fan group...

We could make an anonymous survey but only for those who knows their IQ or SAT. ..or after using this excellent IQ test.

That could be fun waiting time before Exai leaks. In the mean time we can talk to each other how special and intelligent we are adding compliments for our beautiful massive dicks...why not?! I have one and IQ of 160 as everybody else here. Sorry compson, I'm not sure anymore if i'm being sarcastic or not. I managed to trick myself. :wacko: ...every erection is 1l less blood in my system. here we go... I did it again!

...and not to be completely off-topic let me juts add...I'm exaited! :cerious:

I think this thread alone proves that you certainly don't have to be intelligent to like Autechre...

Who said anything about being intelligent to be in the 1%? I solely meant people who listen to AE or AE themselves. That's it.

Plus it's not a literal statistic of course. It's probably more around 99.998% of people that are miserable awful human beings and .002% that are somewhat respectable to highly respectable (AE). Always a gradient.

Edited by compson

Guest the anonymous forumite

Chill out, youngsters!

I bicycled to the record store after school every day for two months hoping that they'd gotten Sepultura's Beneath The Remains back in 1989.

Respect.

I also used to buy records on their release date, and when the internet-mp3 era came, I was amazed to be able to have a record two weeks before its release date.

I think this thread alone proves that you certainly don't have to be intelligent to like Autechre...

Hehehe yah maybe...but that's why i said ''average IQ'', of us > as a group.

Who said anything about being intelligent to be in the 1%? I solely meant people who listen to AE or AE themselves. That's it.

You said it! You said that 99% of people are morons. Moron is a term for mild mental retardation used for people with an IQ of 51–70.

...if you want to be strict. I wasn't that serious at all you know...

EDIT: Is my english that bad?! I mean you guys are native English speakers...

Edited by xox

Hehehe yah maybe...but that's why i said ''average IQ'', of us > as a group.

>Who said anything about being intelligent to be in the 1%? I solely meant people who listen to AE or AE themselves. That's it.

You said it! You said that 99% of people are morons. Moron is a term for mild mental retardation used for people with an IQ of 51–70.

...if you want to be strict. I wasn't that serious at all you know...

EDIT: Is my english that bad?! I mean you guys are native English speakers...

Look I wasn't being serious. ffs lol

Guest Aserinsky

Wow, I never thought I'd say this but I think that locking this thread might be a good idea. It's like meeting up with an old school friend you used to be really close with, only to find they're now an arrogant pisshead that frequently drops bigoted remarks and starts a fight with the guy sitting behind him for fun.

However, to tackle the possibility that merely posting nothing but moaning about this thread in itself is hypocritical as it produces nothing of worthy discussion, how about we try to discuss Exai again, right? :cisfor:

I'm finding it really interesting that they're returning to more beat driven hip hop style tracks, it's almost as if their career has been culminated from a deep fascination to almost create the definitive hip hop sound. Their earlier stuff seems to be more focused with the structural and sample manipulation aspects taken to their logical extreme, whereas from LP5 onwards the focus shifted towards an extremely advanced understanding and determination of control the audio technology that essentially allowed hip hop to become the genre it has. It almost seems logical in a way that they're returning to their older structures yet with a new and more controlled sound palette, like after 22 years they're finally beginning to finalise the sound they originally envisioned and that everything before it was like a work in progress documentation of how the sound progressed. Maybe I'm alone in thinking this? Just feel that whilst the samples that I've heard are in no way derivative, it's almost as if the expectation that their work should be challenging is waning. Like, I expect with this album it's going to click with me immediately whereas in comparison say from EP7 onwards, you have to let it sink in to understand what they were trying to achieve in order to really appreciate the music.

Maybe this is all pretentious bollocks, who knows. I'm just trying to bring the thread's relevance back a little, hopefully I can't be blamed for that :shrug:

Everybody calm yourselves and contemplate the intricacies of life. Take some time to meditate on what matters. In this case it is Exai.

I was under the assumption that everyone was acting absurd because it was funny.

Yeah totally, you're all so tough and old-school, i wonder is there even a way to fuck ya'll in the ass for a young chap.

Guest disoriental express

Wow, I never thought I'd say this but I think that locking this thread might be a good idea. It's like meeting up with an old school friend you used to be really close with, only to find they're now an arrogant pisshead that frequently drops bigoted remarks and starts a fight with the guy sitting behind him for fun.

However, to tackle the possibility that merely posting nothing but moaning about this thread in itself is hypocritical as it produces nothing of worthy discussion, how about we try to discuss Exai again, right? :cisfor:

I'm finding it really interesting that they're returning to more beat driven hip hop style tracks, it's almost as if their career has been culminated from a deep fascination to almost create the definitive hip hop sound. Their earlier stuff seems to be more focused with the structural and sample manipulation aspects taken to their logical extreme, whereas from LP5 onwards the focus shifted towards an extremely advanced understanding and determination of control the audio technology that essentially allowed hip hop to become the genre it has. It almost seems logical in a way that they're returning to their older structures yet with a new and more controlled sound palette, like after 22 years they're finally beginning to finalise the sound they originally envisioned and that everything before it was like a work in progress documentation of how the sound progressed. Maybe I'm alone in thinking this? Just feel that whilst the samples that I've heard are in no way derivative, it's almost as if the expectation that their work should be challenging is waning. Like, I expect with this album it's going to click with me immediately whereas in comparison say from EP7 onwards, you have to let it sink in to understand what they were trying to achieve in order to really appreciate the music.

Maybe this is all pretentious bollocks, who knows. I'm just trying to bring the thread's relevance back a little, hopefully I can't be blamed for that :shrug:

For me, confield and on all clicked instantly, more or less, and everything before confield aside from tri repetae++ (my introduction to ae) has taken me years to appreciate in their own way. I find their pre-confield style less oriented toward active listening if that makes sense. A big part of this is my predilection toward the complexity and feel of the overall sound and specifically the rhythms that started with confield. To me their earlier beats and song progressions tended to be kind of flat and uninteresting (compared to their later work, not compared to other artists necessarily), but again, that's just me.

From what we've heard so far of Exai I hesitate to make any assumptions aside from feeling like we're going to get a very multi-dimensional yet refined release. As far as i'm concered their taste level has gotten more and more razor sharp over time. And so being aware that people are saying it seems closer to their earlier sound, I can't wait to hear the possibility of their old sound through the lens of their newer ways./

All I know is that what we've heard so far has me all dreamy bout the lushness that Exai sure as fuck will be. :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by disoriental express

Guest disoriental express

@Stickfigger

Yeah they've said themselves that they feel more like they're just channeling something outside of themselves when they make music. Doesn't seem like they're big on contrivance or putting up arbitrary barriers that might get in the way of said channeling.

Edited by disoriental express

Whoa, that math is cool! Knew there had to be some sense in that cover (besides creeperface)!

Was a fella on ILXOR made the spreadsheet, I've created another here in all 4 directions and that's how I got the other number: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ashz164heHOwdDdiYzF6Y2VTZ3d0bmd0WlRyOUlxVVE#gid=0

Not sure if there's any significance in 6359 or 12539, unless you can think of anything

There is no need to lock this thread. If people are not behaving delete their posts and increase warn status. No need to punish the rest of us for the mistakes of a few.

Also anyone but joyrex/mods has no say in locking this thread. If you don't like it, don't read it. Simple. Don't ruin our fun just because you think it's too fanboy.

Edited by thehauntingsoul