IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

yeah because that was just cashing in on the "give us credit because we listen to experimental music" bullshit

1. Learn to use quotes

2. Stop being a cynical moron

Thanks!

angry sock puppet is angry

sock_puppet.jpg

Edited by Awepittance

so at this point, for me, the only weak track on this is deco loc.

the pacing and structure is just fucking brilliant, especially for a double lp.

because of this though, I think there will most definitely not be an accompanying ep.

on the flip side, I think they are seriously delivering the goods here and I would not be shocked if some sort of live release were to happen before the next lp.

exai your brain to another dimension

exai your brain to another dimension

pay close attention

etct etc etc.

bladelores is a thang of beauty. And not a second too long.

I think the reviewer's on there are just hyper critical. It's like they take pride in somehow being able to tear great albums down, as if that puts them higher than the music like they're smarter than the artists.

I don't know why but I always get this impression from pitchfork reviews, like the guy on the other side of the review has a serious inferiority complex.

So very, very true.

Pitchfork is so guilty of trying to elevate themselves above the music they are reviewing. I fucking hate Pitchfork with such a passion, but I keep it at arms length so they dont bother me.

Fuck them and fuck their 'brain trust' lol.

Pitchfork would be better if it was British IMO, at least it would have a sense of humour. That's what is essentialy missing from every single page of their fucking website.

Lol at Pitchfork.

Humourless rant over.

Edited by beerwolf

Pitchfork would be better if it was British IMO, at least it would have a sense of humour. That's what is essentialy missing from every single page of their fucking website.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/

The sheer irony of that review lol. It's just as anal and boring as the album they are reviewing lol.

Let me say that there's nothing wrong with America, nor American humour. Americans are cool. I just hate that fucking website.

Guest Hanratty

i realize this is the home of the total Autechre fan, but I'm still surprised how positive the reviews for Exai have been. I think the new tracks are pretty obvious. I don't anticipate that this new music will reveal itself over time like other albums did.

baby develops 160 IQ at only 2 weeks, film at 11...

i realize this is the home of the total Autechre fan, but I'm still surprised how positive the reviews for Exai have been. I think the new tracks are pretty obvious. I don't anticipate that this new music will reveal itself over time like other albums did.

I sort of agree with you. On the other hand though, I think a person has to make an effort to dislike this album. It's just fun to listen to. There are some subtle details packed in there, but it's not an alienating listen in any way really (apart from the length).

I'm curious about the specifics of how this can be predicted in advance?

Yes this album has been very "immediate" for an ae album. Nevertheless my perception of the album has shifted quite a bit just in the last couple weeks, with no sign of stopping. These tracks are (mostly) really dense

It may sound like a bad analogy, but I would compare this album to Massive Attack's Mezzanine, the way it has immediacy that reels you in, but the production is so fucking lush and filled with hidden treasures that you keep hearing new things. It's the true successor to LP5, like others have said. Only it's MORE. A bigger, three course meal with dumplings and teriyaki stuff.

That's what i thought about Oversteps but now i know i was wrong.

am i the only one who is kind of annoyed by the excessive swishy shit going on in many songs? i'm still enjoying this album, but the 'bury the drums/melody/atmospherics in washy noises' shit is getting on my nerves.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Ahaaahaha. WowHD really killing it with their product descriptions:

http://www.wowhd.co.uk/CD/autechre-exai/dp/32180545#bc=7991

"The master of Electronica returns with his brilliant new album ‘Exai' Facebook marketing & Street Press features are the key focus"

Whichever over-worked warehouse-monkey they've got writing these on his breaks at least has a good sense of humour.

Guest disoriental express

am i the only one who is kind of annoyed by the excessive swishy shit going on in many songs? i'm still enjoying this album, but the 'bury the drums/melody/atmospherics in washy noises' shit is getting on my nerves.

I find that high volume makes it sound perfect, but at lower volumes I know what you mean. It's like the music is struggling to accommodate and punishes you for it.

Exai's natural habitat is loud and dark.

Ahaaahaha. WowHD really killing it with their product descriptions:

http://www.wowhd.co.uk/CD/autechre-exai/dp/32180545#bc=7991

"The master of Electronica returns with his brilliant new album ‘Exai' Facebook marketing & Street Press features are the key focus"

Whichever over-worked warehouse-monkey they've got writing these on his breaks at least has a good sense of humour.

wtf? lol