IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Quaristice [...] fails to be one of my favorite because of this lack of unity.

Just wanted to agree with this.

And to reiterate that cohesion and "comfort" are by no means related. I wouldn't describe tracks on Confield as comfortable necessarily, but I love the album, and some of that stems from the album as a whole being an experience from start to finish. And I can't imagine listening to one track, they are all just an extension of the whole.

For me Quaristice seems like a mix-tape, compiled from various parts of Autechre's career, in no particular order, and then burned onto a CDR by some random guy. Most of the tracks are exceptional by themselves, but I just never feel like I'm listening to a legit album.

agreed

Guest pixelives
pixelives can you give a mini-review perhaps? some small info about how it sounds or something? or maybe its just best to wait idk. up to you

I'll probably be getting something in the mail Mon/Tues.

It's up to you guys if you want me to say anything. FWIW, I'm not trying to brag or anything. I just thought you guys should know that preproduction copies are going out now. I'm just lucky to have this awesome friend who has an awesome job.

I realize that the wait it is the hardest part, but the anticipation is also kind of awesome. I'd be in the same spot if it wasn't for this scenario.

Guest pixelives

Your missing the point. Either way it doesn't matter to me. I am not going to be leaking this since I am neither a journalist nor a usual person to be getting such a thing. I merely have a close friend who is involved and I wouldn't betray that trust of him giving me a copy merely because I am a fan but more importantly a friend.

Also who is to say policies haven't changed in the last three years?

i din't mean to convince you to leak anything... just interested in that watermark thing from a technical standpoint.

actually, i think to really see the watermark you'd need two individual promo instances from one album and compare these, instead of one promo and one released album. most likely there's significant differences between the promo CDR and the pressed version simply from using vastly different processes to put the data on the disk.

The Oversteps promo seems to be mastered differently or at least output at a lower dB in my opinion than the official CD release.

Guest pixelives
I never did completely understand the whole, "I have to tell everyone I have a promo, but I have to make sure that they know I'm not going to leak it. Yay, look at me I have something first so now my life has meaning, faaaaaart."

Typical troll douchebag material right there bro.

Says the guy who creates elaborate fictional smokescreens regarding upcoming releases to feed his own ego and to troll this entire message board.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="pixelives" data-cid="1926882" data-time="1357405518"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="gl0tch" data-cid="1926835" data-time="1357396816"><p>I never did completely understand the whole, "I have to tell everyone I have a promo, but I have to make sure that they know I'm not going to leak it. Yay, look at me I have something first so now my life has meaning, faaaaaart."<br />

<br />

Typical troll douchebag material right there bro.</p></blockquote>

Says the guy who creates elaborate fictional smokescreens regarding upcoming releases to feed his own ego and to troll this entire message board. </p></blockquote>

I have no idea what you are talking about. Everything I share comes from a reputable friend who works in a large radio station. If it was about feeding my ego I would tell everyone those songs are all mine. they are too good to be mine.

main thing i'm excited for is another marathon ae radio broadcast.

ah yes, hells bells! do you remember if the last one was broadcast before or after release?

Edited by Guest

ah yes, hells bells! do you remember if the last one was broadcast before or after release?

I can't remember exactly, but have a feeling it's usually just before..?

Guest pixelives

I can't remember exactly, but have a feeling it's usually just before..?

That 12 hours was seriously beyond amazing. I seem to remember it being the week before release.

Just so excite for this. So excite.

Can people stop bickering and just get with the excite please?

And more Ae jokes please?

Plz?

rob: Fuck.

sean: What?

rob: You know that leaky album we made so that WATMM will start discussions about mentioning you have a promo and the proper use and definition of the word "coherence" in reference to our albums, discussions that will create flamewars tearing WATMM apart Lisa? I mean Sean.

sean: Yeah. Lol.

rob: Some guy is pleading to stop the bickering.

sean: *rushes towards monitor, reads topic, and threateningly squints* ..... futureimage. Thwarting us once again! *bangs fist on synthesizer* Ooh, lush.

pixelives can you give a mini-review perhaps? some small info about how it sounds or something? or maybe its just best to wait idk. up to you

It's up to you guys if you want me to say anything. FWIW, I'm not trying to brag or anything. I just thought you guys should know that preproduction copies are going out now. I'm just lucky to have this awesome friend who has an awesome job.

I realize that the wait it is the hardest part, but the anticipation is also kind of awesome. I'd be in the same spot if it wasn't for this scenario.

I would really, really love to hear some impressions as soon as you get the album. Don't worry about the complaints - please just share your perspectives on the new work ahead of the release. :-)

I would really, really love to hear some impressions as soon as you get the album. Don't worry about the complaints - please just share your perspectives on the new work ahead of the release. :-)

yes I would also appreciate this

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="pixelives" data-cid="1926931" data-time="1357413098"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sirch" data-cid="1926909" data-time="1357411325"><p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="phling" data-cid="1926905" data-time="1357411054"><p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sirch" data-cid="1926900" data-time="1357410553"><p><br />

main thing i'm excited for is another marathon ae radio broadcast.</p></blockquote>

ah yes, hells bells! do you remember if the last one was broadcast before or after release?</p></blockquote>

<br />

I can't remember exactly, but have a feeling it's usually just before..?</p></blockquote>

That 12 hours was seriously beyond amazing. I seem to remember it being the week before release.</p></blockquote>

I still listen to bits of that 12 hour mix regularly. the fact mix as well. I really hope they do one prior to exai release.

Dittooo

Guest pixelives
I'd like to know if it has any of the tracks from their live sets.

That would be wicked. I'm hoping this, as well.

Quaristice [...] fails to be one of my favorite because of this lack of unity.

Just wanted to agree with this.

And to reiterate that cohesion and "comfort" are by no means related. I wouldn't describe tracks on Confield as comfortable necessarily, but I love the album, and some of that stems from the album as a whole being an experience from start to finish. And I can't imagine listening to one track, they are all just an extension of the whole.

For me Quaristice seems like a mix-tape, compiled from various parts of Autechre's career, in no particular order, and then burned onto a CDR by some random guy. Most of the tracks are exceptional by themselves, but I just never feel like I'm listening to a legit album.

agreed

I've never understood the idea that Quaristice sounds like all different eras of Autechres career. Most if not all the tracks sound nothing like stuff they did previously with a few exceptions (like the opening and very last track)

While i can't say Quaristice is in my top 3 favorite albums of theirs, it's definitely still one of the most intriguing and challenging pieces of work they've released. I'm hoping for something a little more challenging than oversteps and with less cohesion. At the same time though i could see why it being all over the place makes it a less enjoyable listen for some people. At this point I'd prefer Autechre just keep pumping out interesting ideas, even unrefined ones rather than sticking to a single concept or 'flow' for an entire album.

Dittooo

It's a vote for not hearing your opinion from me.