IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Looking at the Exai artwork and packaging again, does anyone else get a Minecraft-inspired vibe from it?

it looks like a QR code to me

Would be neat if you laid all four disc sleeves out in a pattern you would get a QR code for a bonus track (like the one included on the Japanese release)...

as I already said before, Minecraft doesn't have the monopoly on 8-bit style artwork, nor is it the most prominent and ubiquitous example.

And my personal, immediate response when I saw the artwork was "oh, QR code" too...

I guess what each person sees in the artwork is not a reflection of what the artwork really is, but rather a reflection of what the person is that is viewing it.

i think that translates to "we're all cunts" but I dunno if that's just me?

kiosk

as I already said before, Minecraft doesn't have the monopoly on 8-bit style artwork, nor is it the most prominent and ubiquitous example.

And my personal, immediate response when I saw the artwork was "oh, QR code" too...

I guess what each person sees in the artwork is not a reflection of what the artwork really is, but rather a reflection of what the person is that is viewing it.

i think that translates to "we're all cunts" but I dunno if that's just me?

kiosk

Yeah, yeah, I know - but specifically the colours - the earthy brown, green, etc. All evoke similarities.

I personally think it's just abstract art, and probably was created because it "looks cool" and there's really nothing behind it.

Looking at the Exai artwork and packaging again, does anyone else get a Minecraft-inspired vibe from it?

it looks like a QR code to me

looks like a crossword puzzle to me

i do love the color palette

Definitely reminds me of Minecraft. Expecially the bottom left one in this picture, it has that exact creeper green hue. Either way it's pretty good artwork if spl9 is any indication what this album will sound like.

EDIT: The top right one shares the exact same color scheme as bleep.com
WARP234_Vinyl_Grid_588.jpg

Edited by thehauntingsoul

What about Tetris? No?

Amber art work is the only one that i like tDR did for Ae.

Next time employ Rutterford, please. He's so much better.

Who knows why they didn't ask for him...maybe he leaks easily.

Edited by xox

rob: "Oi Sean, you know that WATMM forum?"

sean: "What? Oh god, that... why?"

rob: "Well, they think our Japanese bonus track title was directly inspired by them. And the artwork by.... Minecraft."

sean: "Sigh. Who cares, let them think... No wait, we'll never hear the end of it!"

rob: "Yeah. I'm afraid if things build up like this, it will lead to another--"

sean: "Don't say it..."

rob: "-- Photoshop thread."

sean "Fuck. I... I... I think I need some lush pads now, Rob."

rob: "Shhh. Robby will get you some padpad. Things are going to be just fine.

sean: "I want to believe that's true....I WANT TO BELIEVE." *turns into kiosk and flies away*

Amber art work is the only one that i like tDR did for Ae.

Next time employ Rutterford, please. He's so much better.

Who knows why they didn't ask for him...maybe he leaks easily.

Agreed, Rutterford ftw

I liked what TDR did for the chiastic slide and envane covers (in addition to amber). But typically im not too impressed with what they do. My three favorite cover arts (confield, draft & untilted) weren't done by TDR.

And the ep7 cover for that matter.

All the best artwork came from other people.

Edited by fizzkinz