Merzbow

Underoath

August Burns Red

My Chemical Romance

Nirvana

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

music on the music video stations. i don't exactly watch these stations but i saw the countdown the other day and some of the new pop music is disgustingly bad. there all a bunch of clones, trying to make cash.

Modern Punk and anything labeled Screamo.

ugh, yes. screamo is such a terrible genre.

B-b-b-but what about skramz?

lesbian music.

I'll just be in the corner crying to Team Dresch if anyone needs me.

I'm a part of the too-old-to-genuinely-hate-music-anymore camp...not that you're ever really too old to hate music I guess. But if someone put a gun to my head and I had to choose some artists to hate I'd probably mention many of the ol' standbys in there: Nickleback, Kanye West, Creed, Soulja Boy... I don't really hate much in the way of dancey top 40 pop music because it seldom pretends to ever be anything other than what it is, kitchy pop music. Why hate that? OH! Fallout Boy are (were?) amazingly horrible, and Simple Plan. I could easily hate either of those bands if I really put my heart in it... Fuck, my hatred is really dated. These days I only scope out music that I'll probably like and don't really have a clue what's going on outside that. Who are some exceptionally hateable modern artists I should check out? It's been a while since anything's hit as hard as Soulja Boy on an instant-disgust level

Sammy Hagar? Hahah, where the fuck did that come from?

Some of you have peculier tastes in hate.

Van Halen. It's a mixture of hearing Van Halen and Sammy way too much from my mom playing it non-stop then hearing it non-stop at work on the radio that plays "Classic Rock," which is apparently now bad 80's glam rock.

ABBA

There's a bloke who drinks down my local (well he could be a bird in disguise) who doesn't like music at all (yeah he's one of those) the only music he 'sort' of likes is ABBA. Hahhah. And yes he is a right fucking weirdo to boot. When he has 2 weeks holiday from work he either sits down the pub or cooks beef stews. Presumbly while listening to ABBA. Most people avoid him at all costs.

He's from the West Country. Say no more.

I actually like ABBA. I was blasting it one day and thought my dad was coming in to my room to make fun of me. Turns out he came in to show me his disc of their greatest hits.

Hey, man, that's my childhood. Huge softspot for that cheesy gunk.

all bad rave music, including shit drum 'n' bass, shit jungle and shit hard house.

anybody who claims/claimed to be a 'Superstar DJ' !!!!!

Are you saying "Hey Boy, Hey Girl" is a bad track? D:

passion pit

Fuck Passion Pit.

I'm all out of hatred for bands these days. I'm too old to really care.

My most hated song of all time though is either

"search for the hero inside" (whatever) by M People

or

anything by the lighthouse family

or the lightning seeds for that matter

Actually, come to think of it, I doubt I'll ever stop hating U2

Modern Punk and anything labeled Screamo.

ugh, yes. screamo is such a terrible genre.

late 90s and early 00s punk, more so than any other genre, is quite forgettable imo. Even with really decent and legit bands, I can look back and be baffled that I or more peers were so moved by that stuff as teenagers. I'm not talking about hardcore or original emo - there's a lot of sincere fandom with those scenes, or even pop-as-fuck punk, because of the pure nostalgia factor. Just, I dunno, all the bands that are now 40 year old dudes still playing the same chords at Vans Warped Tour - that kind of stuff.

Also, I went to many shows with my friend when he was into mid-200s post-hardcore/screamo bands - Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Armor For Sleep, etc - the whole collective memory of those shows is one big blurry yawn for me. I do remember seeing Fall Out Boy open at one and think "this band is just terrible" and then a year a later they were in fucking Best Buy commercials and at ever major label circle jerk awards event lol.

Archived