IGNORED

I, For One, Welcome Our New Autechre Forum Moderator, Obel

Joyrex

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Test: 1-2, 1-2, check, test.

Obel, are we allowed to say that Exai leaked ?

Yes, you can, as long as you don't say where, how to get it, or how you come to possess it. If you respect Autechre's music, it would be best to keep it to yourself.

first job as mod of the subforum - rename it to

The 'chre

Actually Obel and I have plans to do a custom skin for the AE forum, where all the text will be vertical, and white, and only 10% darker than the background, which will be white as well, and precisely every 2.8 minutes, a JQuery script will fire that will cause 1000 GIFs of Sean and Rob's head to bounce around the browser window, using the latest javascript physics routines. The heads will cease bouncing and pile up around the Quick Reply box, where clicking on Rob's head will play an MP3 of him saying the letter "A", while clicking on Sean's will cause it to play a MP3 of him saying the letter "E". If clicked in quick enough succession, Exai will be delivered to your Dropbox account as DenseFLACs™, a new format Obel and I have been working on where unlike lossy or even lossless file formats, this actually contains MORE information than the original source recordings - examples of the extra content would be the sound of Sean's heartbeat while he was composing a track, and the sound of Rob's buttocks clenching each time CoolEditPro crashed on his Mac Quadra 4 that has a coathanger keeping the SCSI connection to his 5MB external HDD he uses to get that 'special sound' connected while cleaning the dirt from the gaps in the buttons on his Roland 303.

lol

Test: 1-2, 1-2, check, test.

Obel, are we allowed to say that Exai leaked ?

Yes, you can, as long as you don't say where, how to get it, or how you come to possess it. If you respect Autechre's music, it would be best to keep it to yourself.

Yeah don't post that shit. Because I'm fair.... but I'm also firm.

Here's me after I dealt with the last guy that took a leak in my backyard:

3DL45.gif

Guest the anonymous forumite
If you respect Autechre's music, it would be best to keep it to yourself.

I don't see how saying that Exai has leaked is a lack of respect to Autechre. Like, people can download and pay for the real thing afterwards if they liked it.

I don't see how saying that Exai has leaked is a lack of respect to Autechre. Like, people can download and pay for the real thing afterwards if they liked it.

Because you are potentially encouraging someone to seek out an illegal download and potentially not end up purchasing it, versus their original intent to buy the release as soon as it was available.

Because you are potentially encouraging someone to seek out an illegal download and potentially not end up purchasing it, versus their original intent to buy the release as soon as it was available.

I think you are pragmatically wrong: in this era, people who want to have an album for free know how and where to get it and people who want to buy the album anyway will do so no matter what, IMO. I'm telling you, most people interested in Exai have already made their mind as to whether they are gonna buy it or get it for free, it's not like I'm (or anyone else here) that huge influential guru that people obey.

But that's allright, I'm not trying to argue with you, you explained your side of things and I understand your job and concerns here. Peace.

I understand your thinking, but it's not the hardcore AE fans I am talking about; I'm talking about the more casual person, who once they've downloaded it, might not bother following up and buying it, despite liking it - and I am sure there are a LOT of people, myself included, that have done that from time to time.

You sort of invalidate your own argument - if you posted that it leaked and where to get it, people wouldn't bother looking themselves, and you've helped them out, and made it that much easier for them to do so, so in a way you are influencing others by doing so.

3DL45.gif

*Shunts post off to subtle GIFs thread*

You sort of invalidate your own argument - if you posted that it leaked and where to get it, people wouldn't bother looking themselves, and you've helped them out, and made it that much easier for them to do so, so in a way you are influencing others by doing so.

I get that and I'm not sure you entirely read my reply. People in our age know how and where to get an album for free if they want to. It's not like they need some guidance. It maybe was the case ten years ago but not in 2013. So my saying that exai leaked or worse, giving a link will have zero influence I guess, since in any case, people know how to get it easily. It's not as if my mom was looking to download exai.

I get that and I'm not sure you entirely read my reply. People in our age know how and where to get an album for free if they want to. It's not like they need some guidance. It maybe was the case ten years ago but not in 2013. So my saying that exai leaked or worse, giving a link will have zero influence I guess, since in any case, people know how to get it easily. It's not as if my mom was looking to download exai.

But yet loads of people are refreshing the Exai thread to see if there's news of it leaking. Yeah, zero influence...

Archived