IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

The grant proposal I wrote (at work) won our biggest client a federal competitive/discretionary grant of $10 million dollars against some ridiculously long odds. Company prez calls Friday night and leaves a message (I was putting our kid to bed at the time lol), and at first I was nervous like "wtf is he calling me on a Friday night about?" then I realize what it's about and crap pants.

Here's hoping some sort of award/recognition/raise is in order (particularly as Mrs. Dob and I have babby #2 on the way :cisfor: ), but I've never done anything so fantastically lucrative for a client (and by extension our company), that I couldn't begin to guess what the order of magnitude might be.

Congratulations. Let's hope for a bit fat pay rise.

Congratulations. Let's hope for a bit fat pay rise.

maybe you should write a similarly persuasive proposal to your boss for this raise you deserve.

Thanks guys for the congrats and the suggestions, they've actually made me realize that its a FWP in disguise in that I have too much hand - the anti-Costanza if you will:

mods plz move kthnx

how is babby funded

I ask my wife this every day since we learned she was preggers. Apparently we're banking on a magical concoction of sunshine, love, and farts.

Guest jasondonervan

I've cut a deal which has saved me from redundancy... looks like I won't need to go round someone's house and clean up!* The donervan lives to fight another day! Beers and 'chre all round! :yeah:

abAMFex.jpg

*Brass Eye

i went to a bar that i thought i had never been to. the waitress knew my name, gave me a free drink and talked to me while ignoring her other customers.

I mean, on one hand this should be a fwp bc I'm an alcoholic but fuck me it felt amazing to realize i had been there and I didn't make a total ass of myself.

You work for NASA? What? More info please.

yeah, i got an internship at one of the research labs for the fall. its a lot of fun. i basically get payed to play a video game all day. well, i guess that isnt entirely accurate. i consider it a video game, but i design aircraft and consoles to be used in a simplified version of one of these bad boys (let me stress the "Simplified" part. ours isnt nearly as advanced as the pic below)

acfs_sim.jpg

then we have real pilots come in and test my designs. the one at our lab is new, so my job is to basically understand the program completely and set ours up.

That is so über-IDM.

Jelly.

You work for NASA? What? More info please.

yeah, i got an internship at one of the research labs for the fall. its a lot of fun. i basically get payed to play a video game all day. well, i guess that isnt entirely accurate. i consider it a video game, but i design aircraft and consoles to be used in a simplified version of one of these bad boys (let me stress the "Simplified" part. ours isnt nearly as advanced as the pic below)

acfs_sim.jpg

then we have real pilots come in and test my designs. the one at our lab is new, so my job is to basically understand the program completely and set ours up.

That is so über-IDM.

Jelly.

Idm as fuck

Guest jasondonervan

Scored a couple of last minute tickets to this, on tomorrow night:

Don't Look Now - A Cube Fundraiser

featuring:

THE GREATNESS OF THE MAGNIFICENCE ORCHESTRA

playing Ennio Morricone

FRANCOIS

playing Un Homme Et Une Femme

PINCH & BASS CLEF

playing Robocop

GOAN DOGS

playing Edward Scissorhands

I KNOW I HAVE NO COLLAR

playing OSTs from Hal Hartley's films

Compered by DUDLEY SUTTON

I have high hopes for this:

"Legend of dubstep-and-beyond PINCH is game to take on the music of ROBOCOP with BS1 prodigal son BASS CLEF adding extra dimensions. Electro retro-futuristic music from two from Bristol's deep end. "Come quietly or there will be... trouble""

Guest jasondonervan

Just handed a thankyou card for recognition of hard work, with a £30 Amazon gift certificate. GTA V for five quid? Don't mind if I do :emotawesomepm9:

Guest jasondonervan

"Legend of dubstep-and-beyond PINCH is game to take on the music of ROBOCOP with BS1 prodigal son BASS CLEF adding extra dimensions. Electro retro-futuristic music from two from Bristol's deep end. "Come quietly or there will be... trouble""

saw this announced on his fb like 2 months ago or something. should be a good'un innit.

Hope so. I've seen Bass Clef do a modular set supporting OPN and it was savagely good. The mind boggles as to how they'll re-interpret the Robocop soundtrack!

Guest jasondonervan

Overslept this morning. Came into the office an hour later than usual, only to find that due to the bulk of folks choosing to work from home on a Friday, no bugger was actually in. I will therefore be shuffling off at the end of the day at the usual time.

6Ny4I9Z.gif

I'm ill which is a FWP as it fucking sucks, but it appears to be helping me cut right back on cigarettes. Hopeful to get back to the occasional-smoke-because-it's-awesome place as opposed to the current smoking-out-of-necessity/boredom place.

I'm ill which is a FWP as it fucking sucks, but it appears to be helping me cut right back on cigarettes. Hopeful to get back to the occasional-smoke-because-it's-awesome place as opposed to the current smoking-out-of-necessity/boredom place.

Sorry to hear you're ill Sprill. I originally gave up smoking as it made me ill/I was constantly ill. You'll find your immune system is stronger when you smoke less. Get well soon dollface. X

Guest EleminoP

Let some lady hide on my porch while her crazy boyfriend was trying to find her and now she's going to give me a moped if she can figure out which bushes she hid it in.

Edited by EleminoP