IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

kickstarter for the designers republic to make rugs instead of album covers

ok so the proper rugs are coming from tribe ladies in the north of Morocco.. but there’s apparently an industry of people producing copycat/cheaper rugs down south.. not sure but guess many of the rugs from street vendors are from there probably. These are still decent, just not the proper quirky/original ones, they’re produced on a larger scale with less love... probably with good contacts one could maybe have a run of custom rugs comissioned there...? This could be pretty sweet. Dunno.. one local guy there made the suggestion that it could work out pretty well exporting these factory rugs to Europe.. seems they have the rugs, but not enough connections to export them properly. I don’t know if I wanna be a carpet sales man hahahah.

on the other hand, it could be fun on a smaller scale.. like go there, make good contact with rug dealers, and be a carpet buying agent for rich European cunts. Pick nice rugs, buy and ship them on their behalf for a healthy commission... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kickstarter for the designers republic to make rugs instead of album covers

ok so the proper rugs are coming from tribe ladies in the north of Morocco.. but there’s apparently an industry of people producing copycat/cheaper rugs down south.. not sure but guess many of the rugs from street vendors are from there probably. These are still decent, just not the proper quirky/original ones, they’re produced on a larger scale with less love... probably with good contacts one could maybe have a run of custom rugs comissioned there...? This could be pretty sweet. Dunno.. one local guy there made the suggestion that it could work out pretty well exporting these factory rugs to Europe.. seems they have the rugs, but not enough connections to export them properly. I don’t know if I wanna be a carpet sales man hahahah.

on the other hand, it could be fun on a smaller scale.. like go there, make good contact with rug dealers, and be a carpet buying agent for rich European cunts. Pick nice rugs, buy and ship them on their behalf for a healthy commission... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stupid question, but for the hand made ones - did you have to have them certified etc as safe/free of pests/disease?

I imagine they're made of wool (animal byproduct) which they might hassle you about at customs. When I came back from Peru I remember it being an issue for some people (alpaca everything).

I just wanted to throw it out there in case it didn't cross your mind.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

ah interesting, hadn’t thought of the disease angle... they did not bother with any of that. I told them it’s carpets at the check in, no further questions..

I did think it might be a problem with customs / goods, that you would have to pay some stupid sum but turns out it’s no problem. Probably have to pay something if you transport a larger amount, dunno..

Accepted a new job offer after being unemployed since the beginning of the year... gonna be an A/V Technician for events at a hotel downtown.

Got a promotion today, the Mrs was offered a full-time position at her current job, and I'm about to go to Brazil for work for a 90-day assignment.

Edited by Charles Nelson Reilly

Heavily cut down on drinking and I've lost ~15lbs since January 1st. Also, the rain stopped so I'm able to ride my bike again. Feeling very energetic.

I just realized I share more with watmm concerning my personal life than I do on social media...

Heavily cut down on drinking and I've lost ~15lbs since January 1st. Also, the rain stopped so I'm able to ride my bike again. Feeling very energetic.

I just realized I share more with watmm concerning my personal life than I do on social media...

I hear Zuckerberg is going to pay for funding the new WATMM. IDM nerds are an audience they feel they're missing out on with Facebook, so they approached Joyrex. I'm not making this up, 200% serious. Going to coordinate with Warp and drop new AE/BoC/Aphex all within the first month of the new WATMM.com going live. Alex Jones talked about it on a podcast the other day when he was writing some synth lines in his studio, all going to happen in May. Badger confirmed, Joyrex will be rich. We're worth billions.

i thought you were always fairly skinny from pics you've posted, you must be super skinny now

Just imagine how many unreleased afx tracks and rare pictures you'd be able to store on that! Really makes you think doesn't it?

Some may recall that I've mentioned on this board being moderately hard of hearing before... Well, I finally got new hearing aids today after being without them for like the last 4 years. It's nice to be able to hear the audio spectrum fully and clearly again, also pretty crazy to become aware again of just how many subtle little noises that I was missing out on without them.

i went to wal-mart today for some pretzels. decided this was the prefect opportunity to give away my excess coinage. so i gave the girl a handful of quarters dimes and nickels , needless to say she was not amused. now my wallet is lighter i can run faster and do jumping jacks.

Edited by yek