IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they've tried this a couple of other times over the past 8 years but no-one has been able to find any of the vinyl(s). ;)

so THAT was the hold up, and the reason why Joyrex, MDG, et al, have been dropping hints but nothing happened.

now record shops are going to know that these things will be worth potentially thousands in a few years due to insane rarity, they arent exactly likely to sell them, boc would have to seriously trust the guy working in there to do it.

now record shops are going to know that these things will be worth potentially thousands in a few years due to insane rarity, they arent exactly likely to sell them, boc would have to seriously trust the guy working in there to do it.

fucking logic amazeballs

fucking logic amazeballs

Yes, unless they made a deal along the following lines: they actually produced a bulk quantity of each disc, and gave copies to each record store employee and said "Keep one for yourself (it will be worth a lot of money), but sell one and only one copy to some random customer". That way, they can appease the wage slaves in the record store, which will lower the chances of in-house hoarding/non-dissemination.

Fuck this mystery bullshit.

So you're hating on this because they picked National Record Store Day to finally break the Radio Silence? BoC fans are a funny lot.

'Radio Silence' eh?

JR's doing it again.. the whole "Radio Silence" thing. I'm imagining the new album titled Radio Silence, with a lot of cold war nostalgia

Building hype for a new album is beyond lame. Why would any self respecting label/artist do that? Just post the damn thing in ylc and be done with it.

Building hype for a new album is beyond lame. Why would any self respecting label/artist do that? Just post the damn thing in ylc and be done with it.

Boards of Canada is a band that requires no hype.

Re: the idea that someone would buy the record and not share the news

Obviously the record-store person is gonna mention something

Re: the idea that the record-store is gonna keep the record

I'm sure this has been anticipated by Warp and I'm sure the record-store had to sign a NDA-type contract

Boards of Canada certainly doesn't require any hype to drum up sales. I don't think that's what this is about.

I think they just like fucking with us.

And I like it.

I think some people just generally don't enjoy things

and they get upset anytime something interesting happens

I also like watching those people getting fucked with, too. I guess that makes me a mind-fuck voyeur.

Boards of Canada certainly doesn't require any hype to drum up sales. I don't think that's what this is about.

And I like it.

Wait. So you like to be fucked with by the blokes of canada? ....I have al kinds of bad jokes about age and all up my sleeve right now. I wont use any one of them though. For your consideration.

And I like it.

Wait. So you like to be fucked with by the blokes of canada? ....I have al kinds of bad jokes about age and all up my sleeve right now. I wont use any one of them though. For your consideration.

Go for it. You won't hurt my feelings.

Man, what a great day it's turned out to be. I hope that Bibio 7" I ordered arrives today: that would be the icing on the cake.

No. Posts are deleted and threads are closed about that stuff. Sexual innuendo's and BOC don't mix well. Apart from some samples in their early work, of course. New BOC tends to be mostly sexless, as far as I can tell.

No. Posts are deleted and threads are closed about that stuff. Sexual innuendo's and BOC don't mix well. Apart from some samples in their early work, of course. New BOC tends to be mostly sexless, as far as I can tell.

except for the trailer for Trans Canada Highway.

i have a feeling they are going to milk the crap out of this. i'm expecting some massive special edition with old stuff and costs exceeding $100.

I don't, actually. They don't seem like the kind of guys to do this type of thing. Would probably just be an album or maybe like a little free merchandise gag like a poster or something for the first couple of pre-orders.

The band, no - WARP, however... recall the BoC Kaleidoscope with the Geogaddi release? I am sure there will be special editions, etc. and personally I like the extras - gives you incentive to buy the physical release again versus just getting the soulless digital copies delivered directly to your PC.

there is now way this is just going to be some 58 minute release. i have a feeling there is going to be a mountain of material.

there almost has to be. 8 years is a long time and the chance of being underwhelmed is very high, at least by new material.

From what I last understood, it is planned on being a 2xCD release - haven't heard anything to contradict or update that.

What if it's all a hoax

with Joyrex at it's core?

He pretended to be Warp;

pressed vinyl and called stores.

But then, it turns out

that everything is true!

Joyrex is BoC;

says everyone, "who knew?"

^

Archived