IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

Don't waste too much energy on this discussion is all I'm thinking.

The Sussex Hen is the first organism that comes to mind when I see the acronym "BoC".

In the meantime, I'll take your advice.

So true. So true.

Dear sir, that post was more aimed at those countless other chaps filling a large part of the past 10 pages over night. Think about all the beautiful things that could have been created instead.

bob-ross.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dogboy73

fun frivolous play is a great way to feel like a kid again

Well at least we've succeeded in feeling like we're 12 years old again! :-/

aww c'mon man

we're not that old and jaded are we?

Guest Dogboy73

aww c'mon man

we're not that old and jaded are we?

If we were I doubt we'd bother coming on here anymore. It's great for a laugh if nothing else. And at lease the '6 record hoax' has given us a talking point for the first time in a while (not including the Fact hoax).

As I just mentioned in the 2013 album thread, the vinyl has a striking resemblance to a number station broadcast. Now this is probably looking WAY too into it, but... Could the numbers "9-3-6-5-5-7" tie into a hint in some frequency or broadcast callsign, where perhaps another hint lies?

The skeptics are like the pokerplayers folding against some unknown kid who's willing to go all in. I don't have a hand, but I can assure you, noone has at this table. I'm saving my chips for another round.

Not at all.

I'd love for there to be a new album after all this time.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been even one single piece of concrete evidence to suggest that to be the case.

People want to believe. They want to believe so badly that they'll convince themselves of things which are complete lunacy.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Not at all.

I'd love for there to be a new album after all this time.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been even one single piece of concrete evidence to suggest that to be the case.

People want to believe. They want to believe so badly that they'll convince themselves of things which are complete lunacy.

there's enough evidence that we can entertain the idea that it's legit, I'd say. Unless Pitchfork point-blank lied about getting verification - and I see no obvious reason why they would.

What strikes me as most odd is the record shop guy saying it was 'the only one in the US'. Why on earth would they make each of the records so limited? Such scarcity would make the likelihood of each of the six individual codes being made public negligible, surely?

Guest Dogboy73

It seems like the skeptics are almost rooting for it to be fake just to say "I told ya so."

I think people are just weighing up the previous mountain of bullshit against this latest bit of news!

2+2 does not 5 equal (which I have on good authority is not the name of a new track from the new album).

if there's six and one has already been found. It doesn't seem logical that the next few would be put in the shops, in the other cities on the same day as the first record. It's meant to be found yes, and hasn't been. So there's probably a release schedule of one a week for every six weeks until before the purported release date.

I'll be back next weekend. Well unless limpy and usagi start having a pointless argument with a low postcountr again. Leaving me with a shedload of offtopic nastiness to disappear. If that happens again fellas, you'll be blocked from the thread. And to the low postcountr .. read the rules.

It does have to go to someone that will talk about it. doesn't it. Like if a newb purchases the release it will never enter the hype machine as it's supposed to. They can't be leaving this to the will of the gods. Maybe it's given to shops that know their customers well. I dunno, why aren't i here next week instead of still speculating.

It seems easier to get the records into the hands of the right ppl through a warp order though doesn't it. So maybe the first was just for record store day. Although someone mentioned those cities. So whatever.

listen:

i just played a flute carved from an old kaleidoscope while holding firm in my mind's eye an image of a blurry sunset from the 70s, possibly with kids running around. just as i played the final note i received a blank dot matrix printout, sent to me on a warm mellow breeze. i saw an old man who was alive when people wore bell-bottoms and big plasticy headphones with curly wires and i asked him what he thought the message was. first i played him boc of course. he said he did not know. "is this a sign?" i thought. i played "bocuma." lush. as i sauntered and pondered a car swerved down the road and i noticed the track marks made two parallel squiggly lines. "is this a sign?" i wondered. i did look a lot like the aquarius symbol, that much was undeniable. as i copied this image into my notebook i overheard a man speaking to his child, telling him to remove his shoes before going into the house. "but why?" asked the boy, whose face i could not make out. "because they're all sandy, son." "is this a sign?" i thought. i mean, "sandison!" it sounded just like "sandison." anyway, as i pondered these mysteries i got a call from boc and they said this vinyl thing is real so don't worry about it.

Guys I just got off the phone with Warp

http://puu.sh/2ExCe.mp3

LOL

Guest Dogboy73

It does have to go to someone that will talk about it. doesn't it. Like if a newb purchases the release it will never enter the hype machine as it's supposed to. They can't be leaving this to the will of the gods.

I was thinking along the same lines. There's a good chance they might not get found at all. Or maybe days, weeks or months down the track! It's all sounds a bit random. Like getting 6 numbers on the lottery, except with balls replaced by BoC records! :-/

Well whether its real or fake, you can always trust watmm on getting to the bottom of it.

Vj3oTBd.jpg

lolll

e:

im pretty sure the missing numbes give us a co-ordinate of a certain beach, whereupon we shall find a cassette tape in a burnt out campfire

and that tape will be idm

It does have to go to someone that will talk about it. doesn't it.

Yeah, It wouldn't make sense to have the quiz remain unsolvable until all distributed copies show up publicly. Which means that either/or:

a) The copies are given to "trusted" people to secure the keys being published

b) There are several copies containing each key

c) The quiz can be solved without a complete set of keys

d) Fake

PS: mokz @ 666 posts, the plot thickens.

Archived