IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

edit: @ goDel and osillik

I think it's safe to say that there's a relevant difference between pedophilia and sex between consenting adults. In all seriousness, I would be annoyed at rape jokes, too. That shit isn't funny.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I last understood, it is planned on being a 2xCD release - haven't heard anything to contradict or update that.

And what year was that? No trying to be a dick, or anything. But those stories are from years ago, if my memory serves me well.

@joyrex

The band, no - WARP, however... recall the BoC Kaleidoscope with the Geogaddi release? I am sure there will be special editions, etc. and personally I like the extras - gives you incentive to buy the physical release again versus just getting the soulless digital copies delivered directly to your PC.

QFT--I hope there are some cool extras this time around. Although I will settle for a poster and some stickers again, if that's all there is.

i have a feeling they are going to milk the crap out of this. i'm expecting some massive special edition with old stuff and costs exceeding $100.

I don't, actually. They don't seem like the kind of guys to do this type of thing. Would probably just be an album or maybe like a little free merchandise gag like a poster or something for the first couple of pre-orders.

The band, no - WARP, however... recall the BoC Kaleidoscope with the Geogaddi release? I am sure there will be special editions, etc. and personally I like the extras - gives you incentive to buy the physical release again versus just getting the soulless digital copies delivered directly to your PC.

there is now way this is just going to be some 58 minute release. i have a feeling there is going to be a mountain of material.

there almost has to be. 8 years is a long time and the chance of being underwhelmed is very high, at least by new material.

From what I last understood, it is planned on being a 2xCD release - haven't heard anything to contradict or update that.

a double ae album followed by a double boc album. 2013 is glorious.

and i agree, i was saying warp would probably milk it.

The band, no - WARP, however... recall the BoC Kaleidoscope with the Geogaddi release?

I was 14 then! :biggrin: Didn't know about BoC until 2005.

Okay yeah, I agree such extra items are nice additions, and I'll definitely buy the physical release anyway. Ae may work as a download-release, but BoC calls for physical. It was just the "milking" that I didn't think fit BoC as I was thinking of the infamous Quaristice-milkage with tons of extra-versions for extra money.

I don't expect BoC to want to release the music to the extra-paying customer only... I'm guessing they could object if Warp would try to pull something like that? (Is it going to be a Warp-Release anyway? Don't they have anything to do with Skam at this point?)

A double-album would be fantastic by the way.

I'm actually considering popping down to Soho tomorrow to dig through the record crates at Sister Ray, Phonica etc. Assuming the guy in the army get-up didn't steal all 5 remaining copies on RSD!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/gallery/2013/apr/21/record-store-day#/?picture=407579553&index=1

Already checked the crate at Phonica, nothing. Then again, I was hardly looking for BoC.

Guest danieldarko

Fuck this mystery bullshit.

So you're hating on this because they picked National Record Store Day to finally break the Radio Silence? BoC fans are a funny lot.

Im reaching hard here (not out of place in this forum :emotawesomepm9:) but has nobody else picked up on the capitalization of "Radio Silence" here? jussayin

So you're hating on this because they picked National Record Store Day to finally break the Radio Silence? BoC fans are a funny lot.

Im reaching hard here (not out of place in this forum :emotawesomepm9:) but has nobody else picked up on the capitalization of "Radio Silence" here? jussayin

Joyrex has alluded to Radio Silence® before, so we're not surprised

Guest danieldarko

I think calling digital music "soulless" is a bit outdated. It's not like we're all still using limewire to get 128kbps copies of our favourite tracks.

Joyrex has alluded to Radio Silence® before, so we're not surprised

oh okay :)

if it does turn out to be a double CD, it makes me wonder if Sean and Rob heard of BoC's plans and beat them to the punch: "oh, you're going to make a double cd? And it took you what, 8 yrs? Watch us do it in 6 mos."

if it does turn out to be a double CD, it makes me wonder if Sean and Rob heard of BoC's plans and beat them to the punch: "oh, you're going to make a double cd? And it took you what, 8 yrs? Watch us do it in 6 mos."

oh but there were extenuating circumstances regarding the delay. Boards of Canada clearly finished the album back in 2008

:watmm:

Joyrex has been doing that for at least a year. And I called him on it last time too.

If that does end up being the title, I would have preferred New Clear Dawn. Radio Silence sounds too REM for my tastes. New Clear Dawn is badass.

Guest Lucy Faringold

yeah i'm not gonna bother my arse with all these 'hunt the records, crack the code!' shenanigans at this point.

Maybe if they'd done this five years ago. Right now i just want them to fucking get on with it.

Guest danieldarko

Joyrex has been doing that for at least a year. And I called him on it last time too.

If that does end up being the title, I would have preferred New Clear Dawn. Radio Silence sounds too REM for my tastes. New Clear Dawn is badass.

yeah referencing you're absence in your album title is kinda balls

boc is so into the aging of sound, they actually finished the album years ago and left the reel to reels out in the sun to age it themselves.

duh.

Just because I capitalize Radio Silence doesn't mean I'm referencing anything like Lost Numbers Stations or Microwave Anxiety Syndrome...

Guest northernlite

Just because I capitalize Radio Silence doesn't mean I'm referencing anything like Lost Numbers Stations or Microwave Anxiety Syndrome...

damn you joyrex :P

fucking lol

Microwave Anxiety Syndrome

Guest danieldarko

you-bitch-gif-darren-criss-23210971-500-

Archived